more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transfer Window: As it happened, and discussion

Started by Mince n Tatties, January 12, 2019, 07:31:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: mkras99 on January 16, 2019, 04:34:11 AM
https://www.primenewsghana.com/sports/transfer-turkish-side-basaksehir-reject-fulham-s-deal-for-attamah-laweh.html

Who?   If true, glad it was a turn down.

I know I shouldn't judge because he hasn't had any EPL experience, and it's the Turkish league...

..but he hasn't had any EPL experience and it's the Turkish league and the team needs to stay up.   I wonder if they are trying to get him to play in the championship.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Barrett487 on January 16, 2019, 12:34:43 AM
There's a real lack of rumours regarding CBs... does mean we're hanging our hat on Cahill coming to us? I realise that Fulham often deal stealthily, but who else have we been strongly linked with?

There is a lack of news of any team really showing interest in Cahill other than Fulham and two other teams.   But if he's not coming to Fulham why isn't he signed by someone else yet?

Can't see why he'd stay at Chelsea.

DevonFFC

Any fresh links with Vida also from Beşiktaş? Can't we swap him with Fabri, he wants to go

Mince n Tatties

Cahill back on apparently, its all to do with who pays what and whatever.

Statto

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 16, 2019, 07:25:31 AM

I hope the club don't get impatient and pay over the odds to get this tied up. We must stand firm, even if that means taking it to the 31st. Every penny counts. In the meantime our existing defence is more than capable of keeping a clean sheet against Spurs and we don't really need the points anyway.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Statto on January 16, 2019, 07:30:41 AM

I hope the club don't get impatient and pay over the odds to get this tied up. We must stand firm, even if that means taking it to the 31st. Every penny counts. In the meantime our existing defence is more than capable of keeping a clean sheet against Spurs and we don't really need the points anyway.

I think paying the £150,000 to the end of the season may still be worth it though. We'll lose a hell of a lot more by going down. If he plays well enough he can move to a bigger team in the summer and we get someone younger in.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: DevonFFC on January 16, 2019, 06:48:51 AM
Any fresh links with Vida also from Beşiktaş? Can't we swap him with Fabri, he wants to go

Would absolutely love Vida. Exactly what we need.

Moltobueno

Quote from: DevonFFC on January 16, 2019, 06:48:51 AM

I was aware Fabri was part of the Babel deal but it isn't mentioned anywhere now, so probably not.

One Martin Thomas

We must not let this battle for survival impact our kids coming through! Reading the small piece in the Independent about a European scout watching Matt Reilly was quite interesting!!!!

MJG

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on January 16, 2019, 08:10:46 AM
We must not let this battle for survival impact our kids coming through! Reading the small piece in the Independent about a European scout watching Matt Reilly was quite interesting!!!!
I do have a concern on thsi as well. We dont have as good a batch as 2013/14 but there are some decent players in that group who we may let slip away without every really seeing them.
For me this must be part of any plan going forward, be it in the PL or Championship.
Just the views of a long term fan

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: MJG on January 16, 2019, 08:18:01 AM
I do have a concern on thsi as well. We dont have as good a batch as 2013/14 but there are some decent players in that group who we may let slip away without every really seeing them.
For me this must be part of any plan going forward, be it in the PL or Championship.

Good point. Hopefully he gets some game time and maybe Elliott too. If only we'd stayed in the cup.

Statto

Quote from: MJG on January 16, 2019, 08:18:01 AM
Agree
Although I have to say, this is yet another thing that Jokanovic dealt with very well, and a new manager may not. As much as I like Ranieri, some of his comments about Sessegnon and decisions to sub or not start him, are already slightly concerning

JoelH5

The difference in opinions by fans is astounding. Not saying either side is wrong but a lot say we need to get people in asap and risk and then some say play hard ball like above. Shows why they Khan's literally can't win.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Statto

Quote from: JoelH5 on January 16, 2019, 08:50:14 AM

The difference in opinions by fans is astounding. Not saying either side is wrong but a lot say we need to get people in asap and risk and then some say play hard ball like above. Shows why they Khan's literally can't win.
I was being sarcastic... Perhaps you are just playing along but I can't tell haha

JoelH5

Quote from: Statto on January 16, 2019, 08:52:34 AM
Quote from: JoelH5 on January 16, 2019, 08:50:14 AM

I was being sarcastic... Perhaps you are just playing along but I can't tell haha

Haha for some reason my brain shut off after 'every penny counts'. Apologies. I guess that's my new coping tactic for all this mess. Ignorance and denial!!
I was there, standing in the Putney end

SuffolkWhite

FROM SKY

MCDONALD TO BE LOANED OUT

Fulham are willing to let midfielder Kevin McDonald leave the club on loan this month, Sky Sports News understands.

The 30-year-old has made only 11 appearances so far this season and last featured for Fulham in the 1-1 draw with Wolves on Boxing Day.

Sky Sports News understands a number of Sky Bet Championship sides are interested in signing McDonald.

The Scotland international signed a new two-year deal with Fulham last summer, which also included an option to extend by a further 12 months.

But following the arrival of manager Claudio Ranieri in November, McDonald has played just eight minutes of football under the Italian.

McDonald joined Fulham from Wolves in 2016 and was an integral player under former manager Slavisa Jokanovic as the club won promotion to the Premier League via the play-offs last season.

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

LVBPTS

O'RILEY BUNDESLIGA BOUND?

Fulham's highly-rated 18-year old midfielder Matt O'Riley could soon become the latest young England talent to head for the Bundesliga.

Scouts from Stuttgart, RB Leipzig and Borussia Dortmund have all monitored his progress as recently as last week, when he starred in Fulham's U23 3-1 victory over Man United.

Domestically, Celtic, Rangers, Leeds and Norwich are also understood to be considering a bid for the creative midfielder who has been at Fulham since the age of eight.
Supporter since 2000

simplyfulham

Quote from: corbs83 on January 16, 2019, 12:04:25 PM

Fulham's highly-rated 18-year old midfielder Matt O'Riley could soon become the latest young England talent to head for the Bundesliga.

Scouts from Stuttgart, RB Leipzig and Borussia Dortmund have all monitored his progress as recently as last week, when he starred in Fulham's U23 3-1 victory over Man United.

Domestically, Celtic, Rangers, Leeds and Norwich are also understood to be considering a bid for the creative midfielder who has been at Fulham since the age of eight.

Without wishing to get on to a while side topic of digging up the past and Slavisa's achievements with Fulham...

This was always the potential pitfalls of sacking Slav and going for a crisis management style of football management.

For all his faults with team selection and not prioritising the defence this year, he has helped to integrate the pathway to the first team from the academy. With him gone, we once again face the prospect of having some of our more talented youth players poached. He had a long term vision for Fulham.

Mince n Tatties

Bournemouth splashing out again £12 mill on Chris Mepham from Brentford.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: corbs83 on January 16, 2019, 12:04:25 PM

He should be in Fulhams team.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.