Transfer Window: As it happened, and discussion

Started by Mince n Tatties, January 12, 2019, 07:31:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: alfie on January 16, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 16, 2019, 03:09:21 PM
Quote from: Riversider on January 16, 2019, 02:12:22 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 16, 2019, 12:57:09 PM
Bournemouth splashing out again £12 mill on Chris Mepham from Brentford.

Is that the same Chris Mepham from Brentford that apparently isn't good enough for us according to some on here ?
Maybe we should avoid Ollie Watkins and Rico Henry as well just to be safe, and stick to either the Turkish league or the French second division . 😦😬

Bournemouth have clearly got professional football people working for them, who know what they are doing, and recognise their needs, and of course a very good manager.
Which is something Fulham lack in abundance.

But as it keeps getting thrust down our throats he does not have premiership experience, so he would be useless here.

He will now.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

DevonFFC

Why we are on about defender without prem experience who looks decent , Tomori for Derby looks good

Matt10

We probably can't get him, but I'd like to Marcos Rojo from Man U asap.

Matt10

As much as I'd love to bring up the fact that yet again the majority here were saying our promo team was not PL quality, the previous thread was moved/deleted because we went off topic. So, let's move along.

I wonder who is in for Marcos Rojo. To me he's got exactly what we need. Athletic, strong, and big...not to mention plenty of experience. May be more expensive than Cahill + Drinkwater combined, but I'd grab him.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Matt10 on January 16, 2019, 11:08:18 PM
As much as I'd love to bring up the fact that yet again the majority here were saying our promo team was not PL quality, the previous thread was moved/deleted because we went off topic. So, let's move along.

I wonder who is in for Marcos Rojo. To me he's got exactly what we need. Athletic, strong, and big...not to mention plenty of experience. May be more expensive than Cahill + Drinkwater combined, but I'd grab him.

How much would you estimate he would cost.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Matt10

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 16, 2019, 11:37:29 PM
Quote from: Matt10 on January 16, 2019, 11:08:18 PM

How much would you estimate he would cost.

I think his current value is £12-15m; so if we buy him outright, it'd probably have to be in the £18-20m. Would it be another permanent 6 month? Yikes. Who knows. All I know is that he would be quite the player and could be that leader we need alongside a healthy Mawson.

Might be more of a dream at this point.

Spirit of 2000

We are unlikely to spend anything by way of transfer fees this window ... and no chance a 20 million signing. We're going to struggle with FFP as its stands never mind worsening the equation.

davew

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on January 17, 2019, 12:08:25 AM
We are unlikely to spend anything by way of transfer fees this window ... and no chance a 20 million signing. We're going to struggle with FFP as its stands never mind worsening the equation.
We need to prepare for next year in the Championship, forget the PL, ill prepared this time, but hopefully will come back stronger next time!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Matt10 on January 16, 2019, 10:09:40 PM
We probably can't get him, but I'd like to Marcos Rojo from Man U asap.

He's injury prone. Like Mawson injury prone. I like him..but if he could stay healthy he wouldn't be available.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: davew on January 17, 2019, 12:23:47 AM
Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on January 17, 2019, 12:08:25 AM
We need to prepare for next year in the Championship, forget the PL, ill prepared this time, but hopefully will come back stronger next time!

Our mistake was we needed defensive players worthy of the Premier League playing together for at least half a season before entering the EPL. If we have learnt our lesson we need to ensure, we have a defense that can win the Championship playing together for half a season before we enter "The Championship".

Fulham mistake for few years is you need a starting Xi from last season good enough to compete in that league and a bench full of good new players, we failed to do that in every position except GK this season (i.e. Betts and Rico).

Milo

Quite a few members have posted on here and the earlier thread asking everyone to stick to brief discussion on recent transfer news. So I appreciate Statto making a new thread last night to discuss last season's odds/successes rather than fill a page on it here. I know it's difficult because everything links into everything, doesn't it! But let's try for the sake of others wanting a quick update before going to work etc.

howitis

Chelsea trio of Drinkwater, Cahill and Moses now all drifting in the betting when it comes to joining Fulham.
No doubt about it, FFC have made a pigs ear of this entire transfer opportunity. The writing was on the wall 2 months ago and here we are nearly 3 weeks into Jan with no defence reinforcements. Sorry but there are no excuses. Our league position is the most perilous it has been and the job of recruitment has got even harder.
I do believe the Khans have FFC best interests at heart and if the ground redevelopment goes ahead then truly magnificent (and should secure our future by the river) but OMG they have made some terrible mistakes since May 26th. At some point (probably best at the end of the season) I hope they have the humility to come out and admit their mistakes. I for one would find that much more palatable.

FFC1987

Quote from: howitis on January 17, 2019, 10:42:40 AM
Chelsea trio of Drinkwater, Cahill and Moses now all drifting in the betting when it comes to joining Fulham.
No doubt about it, FFC have made a pigs ear of this entire transfer opportunity. The writing was on the wall 2 months ago and here we are nearly 3 weeks into Jan with no defence reinforcements. Sorry but there are no excuses. Our league position is the most perilous it has been and the job of recruitment has got even harder.
I do believe the Khans have FFC best interests at heart and if the ground redevelopment goes ahead then truly magnificent (and should secure our future by the river) but OMG they have made some terrible mistakes since May 26th. At some point (probably best at the end of the season) I hope they have the humility to come out and admit their mistakes. I for one would find that much more palatable.

Not being funny, but if you're Drinkwater, Cahil or Moses, why would you come to Fulham and not access better options? We're talking trophy winners calbre here, it must be a damn hard job to attract them to Fulham when we're sitting where we are. Maybe if we were 17th, or mid table, but sitting 5 points adrift in an unsettled position....

hovewhite

I am sorry to say that this so called  transfer committee should stand down and shad has to get all football people in starting with A DOF and a new scouting network assembled soon as!

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Agreed FFC 1987, however
that's where the "skills" of the recruitment team come in selling the "opportunities" of joining us short term
At least until the end of the season to see whether those players can help us survive, re negotiate their contracts & a further rebuild occur - @ a Premiership level
Advantages to them?
They don't have to move house or away from London
They get playing time for careers that are otherwise being wasted (accepted that they do get well paid for sitting & doing nothing, but what self respecting player would really want that?)
Are they the type of character who responds to a challenge (if not then they aren't what we need anyway)
Do they know, like & respect CR?
They have a let out @ the end of the season to ano club & their Chelsea careers aren't going anywhere so why would they want to stay?
Up to our recruitment team to sell the positives  - & in spite of all our current woes there are many!
So over to the recruiters, get on with it, still time to bring players on board for the Spuds game Sunday
COYW!!

FFC1987

Quote from: AnotherVicHalomLoveChild on January 17, 2019, 11:05:04 AM
Agreed FFC 1987, however
that's where the "skills" of the recruitment team come in selling the "opportunities" of joining us short term
At least until the end of the season to see whether those players can help us survive, re negotiate their contracts & a further rebuild occur - @ a Premiership level
Advantages to them?
They don't have to move house or away from London
They get playing time for careers that are otherwise being wasted (accepted that they do get well paid for sitting & doing nothing, but what self respecting player would really want that?)
Are they the type of character who responds to a challenge (if not then they aren't what we need anyway)
Do they know, like & respect CR?
They have a let out @ the end of the season to ano club & their Chelsea careers aren't going anywhere so why would they want to stay?
Up to our recruitment team to sell the positives  - & in spite of all our current woes there are many!
So over to the recruiters, get on with it, still time to bring players on board for the Spuds game Sunday
COYW!!

Whilst that is true, it's also true that no matter how much you polish the old turd, it's still a turd. These players, i'd of thought, will get much better offers from more stable EPL clubs. Really, no matter what you say, they'll go for the more settled sides.

Nero

Quote from: hovewhite on January 17, 2019, 10:57:56 AM
I am sorry to say that this so called  transfer committee should stand down and shad has to get all football people in starting with A DOF and a new scouting network assembled soon as!

Agreed, especially the scouting network, how can they find so many players that dont fit what we need, yes tony has he stats but these people are meant to have viewed the players, so they just go in the drink for a couple of days then watch a you tube video and go yea TK great player sign him up, Im back of to the Riveria to look at the next target

Bill2

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 12, 2019, 09:57:35 PM
The Arsenal in for Cahill apparently.
Find this hard to believe. If Cahill can't get a game for Chelsea why do people think he can for Arsenal. Says a lot about their top four ambitions.

Bassey the warrior

I'd take Rojo for sure. Can play lb too. Not seen Mepham, he ready for the step up do we think? Would also like Matip if available and Smalling could be good. Vida would be great.

SuffolkWhite

BBC Gossip Colum

Fulham have moved for 24-year-old Ghana defender Joseph Attamah, who plays for Istanbul Basaksehir. (Mail)
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"