more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transfer Window: As it happened, and discussion

Started by Mince n Tatties, January 12, 2019, 07:31:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelH5

Haha some of the posts on here...

If you're so negative ALL THE TIME, why would you bother spending your day looking on the forums? Just go out in the real world and do something that's going to make you happy rather than sitting on here being upset and moaning. What do you get out of it?
I was there, standing in the Putney end

DevonFFC

Quote from: JoelH5 on January 19, 2019, 11:16:40 AM

If you're so negative ALL THE TIME, why would you bother spending your day looking on the forums? Just go out in the real world and do something that's going to make you happy rather than sitting on here being upset and moaning. What do you get out of it?

Well said, cue the abuse

Mince n Tatties

Stick to gossip guys,bickering with one another has already got the earlier Gossip Thread blocked.

filham

Quote from: HV71 on January 18, 2019, 08:18:26 PM
Quote from: gang on January 18, 2019, 06:15:51 PM
It will be good to see someone who will shoot.

Schurrle gets criticised for shooting too much
Schurrle's shooting has been way off target but hopefully that will change. His goal last week was just great and hopefully there are more to come.

Twig

Quote from: filham on January 19, 2019, 05:43:44 PM
Quote from: HV71 on January 18, 2019, 08:18:26 PM
Quote from: gang on January 18, 2019, 06:15:51 PM
It will be good to see someone who will shoot.

Schurrle gets criticised for shooting too much
Schurrle's shooting has been way off target but hopefully that will change. His goal last week was just great and hopefully there are more to come.

I know he misses a few but he is still our second top scorer, he is not always way off target.

DevonFFC

We're not the only ones down there who are after a full back and centre back -
WARNOCK TARGETS DEFENDERS

Having already announced one signing today, Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock has said he is also targeting centre-back and full-back cover in the January transfer window.

"We are looking. I thought I'd got a full-back last week but unfortunately that didn't materialise," he said. "We've got 10 days now. We can intensify that, as I do think we need another defender. Hopefully a lad who can play a couple of positions, someone quite versatile."

"[The search is] not easy. You'd be surprised though, from all the agents' emails and text messages from the chairman to me this week, you'd think there were 150 lads who were good enough - all right-backs playing all over the world and the best thing since sliced bread!"

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: JoelH5 on January 19, 2019, 11:16:40 AM

+1
However, cue 6pm tomorrow evening 😂
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

the nutflush

Quote from: DevonFFC on January 19, 2019, 09:17:42 AM
Who will be on the balcony tomorrow ?

Cahill
Dabo
Defrel
Moses or Drinkwater

Fosu-Mensah drinking water.

DevonFFC

Would you take Mings from Bournemouth, been told he can go out on loan with Brentford lad coming in.

DevonFFC

CHELSEA. Victor Moses has surprise interest from SCHALKE. FULHAM and PALACE still hanging around if he can go on loan to Prem.

Alan Nixon

Riversider

Heres a suggestion, Harry Arter !
Apparently Bournemouth are planning to recall him on loan from Cardiff as they have had interest in him,
Dare I suggest we should make him a prime target as he could be just what we need next season,
Isnt he married to Scott Parker's sister ?

HV71

Quote from: Riversider on January 20, 2019, 10:17:12 AM
Heres a suggestion, Harry Arter !
Apparently Bournemouth are planning to recall him on loan from Cardiff as they have had interest in him,
Dare I suggest we should make him a prime target as he could be just what we need next season,
Isnt he married to Scott Parker's sister ?

You must have been a fan of "Family Favourites ' - enough of that sort of thing in the club already

DevonFFC

Stats all folks: Fulham learn the danger of data fixation as Claudio Ranieri looks to convince owners to abandon analytics to sign right characters and avoid the drop

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6611193/Stats-folks-Fulham-learn-danger-data-fixation.html

..FOF..

Hope CR can win this battle better than Joka.

Quote from: DevonFFC on January 20, 2019, 02:25:16 PM
Stats all folks: Fulham learn the danger of data fixation as Claudio Ranieri looks to convince owners to abandon analytics to sign right characters and avoid the drop

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6611193/Stats-folks-Fulham-learn-danger-data-fixation.html

Hoppus

the nutflush

Mince n Tatties

The Rational Fan

Quote from: ..FOF.. on January 20, 2019, 02:47:47 PM

When we signed Anguissa, someone did "win the battle" to sign someone with a "lack of statistical signficant data". In the future, we should not spend more than $20 million without two years of statistics showing he is EPL quality (one year is not enough). I am not surprised Tony Khan listens to his statitician, because the statistics would have been questioning buying Anguissa.

I beat Tony Khan will listen to whomever has given him the best advice in the past, and last transfer window the statistics guy would have been saying Anguissa is too risky.

RaySmith

Babel certainly hit hground running, and showed the advantage of Prem experience and quality.
Now we need a couple of Prem quality defenders/defensive midfielders - and we still have a chance, though the team must be gutted by the last two results. But we live to fight another day, all is not lost.

I was impressed by the way the  team came back against Spurs after Burnley- and now they need to do it again - but we need quality defenders.

..FOF..

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 21, 2019, 05:21:27 AM
Quote from: ..FOF.. on January 20, 2019, 02:47:47 PM

When we signed Anguissa, someone did "win the battle" to sign someone with a "lack of statistical signficant data". In the future, we should not spend more than $20 million without two years of statistics showing he is EPL quality (one year is not enough). I am not surprised Tony Khan listens to his statitician, because the statistics would have been questioning buying Anguissa.

I beat Tony Khan will listen to whomever has given him the best advice in the past, and last transfer window the statistics guy would have been saying Anguissa is too risky.

?lang=en

I'll be at the cafe drinking tea.