Transfer Window: As it happened, and discussion

Started by Mince n Tatties, January 12, 2019, 07:31:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Quote from: St. Andrews White on January 26, 2019, 01:38:34 PM
Quote from: f321ffc on January 26, 2019, 12:32:13 PM
Correio da Manhã Futebol
@CM_Futebol
ULTIMA HORA: Fulham compra Andre Almeida por 8,5 Milhões de euros mais 2 Milhões em objetivos.
He's a rb from Benfica but apart from that I know absolutely zilch about him

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

you had me at right back
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

humussapiens

Riversider

Quote from: fulhamben on January 26, 2019, 01:55:43 PM
Correio da Manhã Futebol
@CM_Futebol
ULTIMA HORA: Fulham compra Andre Almeida por 8,5 Milhões de euros mais 2 Milhões em objetivos.

you had me at right back

FFS, just had a look on Twitter and it seems that Benfica fans are happy and it's fair to say they can't believe it's for £8 million ,
Remind me again of our record with signing Portugese players ?

spikey norman

Today's Mirror saying Leeds have been in talks with Fulham over the triple signing of Ayite,Kebano and Johanson.
Mirror saying Villa, WBA and Boro also interested in signing the trio

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Riversider on January 26, 2019, 02:03:39 PM
Correio da Manhã Futebol
@CM_Futebol

you had me at right back

FFS, just had a look on Twitter and it seems that Benfica fans are happy and it's fair to say they can't believe it's for £8 million ,

Fans of jambos old club were willing to drive him to the airport when they heard how much we paid for him

fulhamben

Correio da Manhã Futebol
@CM_Futebol

you had me at right back

Luis boa more was the best loan signing we have ever made. And when he signed for 2.5 million the next year, he was arguably the best value for money signing we have ever made. In my life time that is
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Twig

Quote from: fulhamben on January 26, 2019, 02:36:33 PM
Correio da Manhã Futebol
@CM_Futebol

you had me at right back

Luis boa more was the best loan signing we have ever made. And when he signed for 2.5 million the next year, he was arguably the best value for money signing we have ever made. In my life time that is

Brilliant on the pitch and a thoroughly nice man off it.

aster

I do not believe this supposed transfer. Andre Almeida is the worst defender of Benfica alongside Ruben Dias. Not even TK is that stupid. Painfully slow, terrible 1 on 1, non-existent crosses. This is obviously fake. For him, Christie is Philipp Lahm.

Riversider

Quote from: aster on January 26, 2019, 03:04:26 PM
I do not believe this supposed transfer. Andre Almeida is the worst defender of Benfica alongside Ruben Dias. Not even TK is that stupid. Painfully slow, terrible 1 on 1, non-existent crosses. This is obviously fake. For him, Christie is Philipp Lahm.

Oh great, thats a 100% certain we announce him next week then.

Holders

Quote from: Riversider on January 26, 2019, 03:33:13 PM

He's a full international, if he comes let's at least give him a chance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyEOurkQ-DA
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Jem

Quote from: Holders on January 26, 2019, 03:38:47 PM

Damned if they do (sign someone), damned if they don't.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

aster

Quote from: Holders on January 26, 2019, 03:38:47 PM

Full international? He played 8 matches for Portugal, 4 them were friendly matches, played his last match for them in 2014. I sometimes watch Benfica in Portugal, and I am telling you that my description from above is even too mild. Signing him in this situation would be scandalous, even if it was for 8 euros. "Let's give him a chance" is the reason why we are fighting relegation right now.

Holders

I won't be writing him off before he's kicked a ball.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

RaySmith

Quote from: Holders on January 26, 2019, 04:04:24 PM

Nor me.

Posters on here also said Babel would be useless.

DevonFFC

Let's all be scouts, who has a YouTube best bits clip we can watch.

People moan about Christy and yet we are about to bring in someone and already he is the worst right back in football.

filham

Quote from: fulhamben on January 26, 2019, 02:36:33 PM
Correio da Manhã Futebol
@CM_Futebol

you had me at right back

Boa was a great signing and real value for money but no one will ever be better value for money than Ivor.

aster

The problem is- he has already been kicking the ball for Benfica for around 8 years, and I know what I'm saying. You can wait to see.

This player is worse than Christie. Some of his reactions in the Portuguese championship this year were comical (he might blend in with defense?). To be honest, I think this is Benfica president's desperate attempt to sell his player through the media.

RaySmith

Quote from: aster on January 26, 2019, 04:23:56 PM

The problem is- he has already been kicking the ball for Benfica for around 8 years, and I know what I'm saying. You can wait to see.

This player is worse than Christie. Some of his reactions in the Portuguese championship this year were comical (he might blend in with defense?). To be honest, I think this is Benfica president's desperate attempt to sell his player through the media.

I wonder what your motives are in posting these comments.

IF the player comes to Fulham we need to give him a chance.

People  on here said that Babel was now rubbish, but he  made a big difference up front for us against Spurs, and he isn't even fully match fit.

aster

Quote from: RaySmith on January 26, 2019, 04:29:00 PM

People  on here said that Babel was now rubbish, but he  made a big difference up front for us against Spurs, and he isn't even fully match fit.

My only motive is that I am utterly astounded. Everyone talking about defensive reinforcements and now, the player who is worse than Christie comes into the picture. I have not seen Babel play for ages so I cannot comment on him, but I have seen Almeida. And these are my impressions. I have seen him play so many times, that I do not need to see anything more of him to know that is not a player for the EPL. I would never describe a player as "rubbish" because I have a hunch, or because he now plays in the Turkish league.

Matt10

Quote from: aster on January 26, 2019, 04:36:53 PM
Quote from: RaySmith on January 26, 2019, 04:29:00 PM

My only motive is that I am utterly astounded. Everyone talking about defensive reinforcements and now, the player who is worse than Christie comes into the picture. I have not seen Babel play for ages so I cannot comment on him, but I have seen Almeida. And these are my impressions. I have seen him play so many times, that I do not need to see anything more of him to know that is not a player for the EPL. I would never describe a player as "rubbish" because I have a hunch, or because he now plays in the Turkish league.

I've watched Benfica as well, mainly because I had kept hoping that Keaton Parks would break into the side, but you're right in worrying about Almeida. Seems to be a player who's mind moves faster than their body. A bit out of sync. I fear we all want a defensive signing so badly, that any kind of signing would calm the nerves for some.

I think it's important to sign players that have a good mental capacity about them, and are not prone to fateful errors like we've experienced this season.

If Almeida is signed, then he will be a Fulham player, and all of the above is now a cautious optimism, and I'll remain as objective as possible - and accept who Ranieri puts in the lineup.