https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transfer Window: As it happened, and discussion

Started by Mince n Tatties, January 12, 2019, 07:31:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Nero on January 27, 2019, 02:12:41 PM
Quote from: ScalleysDad on January 27, 2019, 01:57:10 PM
It's not like any of the squad need a distraction or two at the moment but having just read Sunday Fulham Stuff a thought occurred to me. If the transfer gossip is clearly stating Fulham are looking for a right sided defender or a left sided midfielder the impact on the current incumbent could be devasting. We have often highlighted how the midfield fails to support the defence. Therefore if I am part of that defensive unit getting criticised for exhaling I am going to be looking at my midfield colleagues with a degree of hostility.

what could happen, we suddenly start losing games!!!
d

True enough. As I commented on an earlier thread I think our opportunity has passed and although that could be countered by the fact that very few teams have done any business in this window our needs were quite evident since way before Christmas. If a non match fit duo of Valencia and Dann is our current rescue plan then we could save the money imho.

Roberty

Quote from: filham on January 27, 2019, 01:07:22 PM
Fully agree the Cahill mater should have been sorted one way or the other right at the beginning of the window.
We new he wanted to be away from Chelsea and we new we needed him, what on earth stopped us getting a yes or no from him.

Why do you think that Cahill was in any hurry to sort out a deal ?

He has a contract until the end of the season and someone might have told him that the transfer window does not shut until the end of January
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Berserker

Quote from: ScalleysDad on January 27, 2019, 10:38:43 AM
If we try a little pragmatism here I would suggest that unless there is a player who is ready to fill a need and is ready to go on Tuesday night we are wasting our time now. For any last minute signing Palace away will be a tough debut then it's Man United. If we look at the usual course of events in that a player won't be match fit and will need to settle we are probably looking at the six pointer away to Southampton for a first ninety minutes. The door may well have slammed shut by then bearing in mind the March fixtures. CR and his team have had the enforced break to set out a plan and rehearse it to death. The current rabble need to stand up, put all the pettiness to one side and start putting in 100% for the duration of the game. I have to say that should we get beaten on Tuesday night I would be locking Mitrovic in a cupboard until Friday. He may not be scoring goals for us at the moment but he is by far the only squad member who would be on somebody else's radar.
Agree

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

SP

Matt10

filham

Quote from: Roberty on January 27, 2019, 03:03:05 PM
Quote from: filham on January 27, 2019, 01:07:22 PM
Fully agree the Cahill mater should have been sorted one way or the other right at the beginning of the window.
We new he wanted to be away from Chelsea and we new we needed him, what on earth stopped us getting a yes or no from him.

Why do you think that Cahill was in any hurry to sort out a deal ?

He has a contract until the end of the season and someone might have told him that the transfer window does not shut until the end of January
[/quote

It should have been made clear to him that our need was immediate and if he really wanted to be sure of guaranteed premier league football for the rest of the season without moving house etc he needed to make his mind up quickly.

LVBPTS

If it's true palace will let someone go if they get Cahill in, I can't understand why we don't go for Joel ward rather than Scott dann.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Supporter since 2000

ealex40

It's not like any of the squad need a distraction or two at the moment but having just read Sunday Fulham Stuff a thought occurred to me. If the transfer gossip is clearly stating Fulham are looking for a right sided defender or a left sided midfielder the impact on the current incumbent could be devasting. We have often highlighted how the midfield fails to support the defence. Therefore if I am part of that defensive unit getting criticised for exhaling I am going to be looking at my midfield colleagues with a degree of hostility.

The current incumbents at most positions would only have to read what's on this message board, to become devastated.

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: ealex40 on January 27, 2019, 06:59:21 PM

The current incumbents at most positions would only have to read what's on this message board, to become devastated.

Whilst they sit on their £40grand plus a week wages, I doubt it.

DevonFFC

@FulhamFC have put in a bid for @chazaustin10 this evening. @AVFCOfficial are also trying to lure him away from the saints.

Bryanthebroom

Quote from: DevonFFC on January 27, 2019, 08:38:54 PM
@FulhamFC have put in a bid for @chazaustin10 this evening. @AVFCOfficial are also trying to lure him away from the saints.

Were preparing for Championship football then

Hoppus

Quote from: Bryanthebroom on January 27, 2019, 08:47:27 PM
Quote from: DevonFFC on January 27, 2019, 08:38:54 PM

Were preparing for Championship football then

The guy has 172 followers on Twitter, it's fake news. No bid.

spikey norman

Quote from: St. Andrews White on January 27, 2019, 02:30:46 PM
Quote from: DevonFFC on January 27, 2019, 02:23:18 PM
Report: Newcastle and Fulham in race to sign Michael Ngadeu Ngadjui #nufc #ffc #ccfc #newcastleunitedfc #fulhamfc
Who?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Cameroon international defender valued at £3.9 million by his club Slavia Prague

..FOF..

Based on the Khan's history, we are looking at what? 2? 3 dateline day signing now?

davew

Quote from: ..FOF.. on January 28, 2019, 01:07:59 AM
Based on the Khan's history, we are looking at what? 2? 3 dateline day signing now?
I doubt it and to be honest hope not, we already have enough newbies that we moan about let alone bring in some more. We have to make the best of what we have got, even if it is inadequate and will mean relegation, we have seen that coming all season!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

MJG

As no one seems to want last minute deadline signings should we just say thats it?

Lets just get on with what we have and muddle through without making costly mistakes that will not in my view change the direction we are going.
Just the views of a long term fan

grandad

Anyone we may now sign has either not featured since 1st day of season or is recovering from injury sustained last season. They will need at least 3 months to get match fit.
Where there's a will there's a wife

David I

Quote from: grandad on January 28, 2019, 09:30:34 AM
Anyone we may now sign has either not featured since 1st day of season or is recovering from injury sustained last season. They will need at least 3 months to get match fit.
Ticks all the boxes for a perfect deadline day signing!?

FFC1987

Quote from: MJG on January 28, 2019, 08:10:45 AM
As no one seems to want last minute deadline signings should we just say thats it?

Lets just get on with what we have and muddle through without making costly mistakes that will not in my view change the direction we are going.

I think you know full well people are making the point that early business would have been better especially for 2 huge fixtures we had/have which could of potentially made a world of difference. With more experience against Burnley and Spurs, we might of done better and it might not have looked so bleak.

The market doesn't work like that, sure, but some teams have managed it.

supersimmo123

Scott Dann one has legs. Lots to still work out in terms of finances and how the deal is structured apparently.

Would be a top signing for me and strikes me as someone that would be happy to captain a team in the championship next season.