Main Menu

Transfer Window: As it happened, and discussion

Started by Mince n Tatties, January 12, 2019, 07:31:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DevonFFC

f321ffc

Quote from: DevonFFC on January 30, 2019, 12:54:47 PM
Any rumours
Timothy Fosu-Mensah | Lazio interested in signing Manchester United youngster before Thursday's deadline.

sportwitness.co.uk/139207-2/ #mufc #ffc
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

DevonFFC

Amen to that, hoping this will be the first in a Chain of events

twang

So, recapping the current rumours of our hunt for a central defender I've come up with this:

Vida - Besiktas wants to get rid as he's one of their highest earners. Fulham interested but player leans towards a move to Roma or Inter.
Aziz - Fulham ready to pay the €2,4m Galatasaray is asking for but player wants a move to Lazio.
Ngadeu-Ngadjui - Fulham have apparently bid less than his release clause of €4,5m and Slavia Prague stand firm.
Cahill - Clubs agreed a deal but Cahill not convinced.

Have I missed anything?

Jimsbeerbelly

Quote from: twang on January 30, 2019, 01:17:07 PM
So, recapping the current rumours of our hunt for a central defender I've come up with this:

Vida - Besiktas wants to get rid as he's one of their highest earners. Fulham interested but player leans towards a move to Roma or Inter.
Aziz - Fulham ready to pay the €2,4m Galatasaray is asking for but player wants a move to Lazio.
Ngadeu-Ngadjui - Fulham have apparently bid less than his release clause of €4,5m and Slavia Prague stand firm.

Have I missed anything?

Yes, Woy has played down the Scott Dann link, and says the player won't be leaving.

Riversider

Here we are one day before the window closes, what does everybody feel is the bare minimum requirement we need, and do you think it will happen ?
For example , I think we must sign a left back, a right back and a centre back (which is basically what we needed in the summer)
No I don't think it will happen, though I do think we will sign a centre back.

General

Quote from: twang on January 30, 2019, 01:17:07 PM

Have I missed anything?

From my understanding Cahill is still on the cards but whilst Cahill is interested we have to figure out a way to accommodate him financially  (which I expect is related to the news of offloading the likes of Ayite and Kamara and Kebano and mcdonald etc. )

General

Quote from: Riversider on January 30, 2019, 01:32:40 PM
Here we are one day before the window closes, what does everybody feel is the bare minimum requirement we need, and do you think it will happen ?
For example , I think we must sign a left back, a right back and a centre back (which is basically what we needed in the summer)
No I don't think it will happen, though I do think we will sign a centre back.

My feeling is we need at bare minimum a LB and CB as I think we're weaker in LB than we are at RB.. that said I think the club are going for a RB and CB.. I think in an ideal world we'd sign cahill, valencia, drinkwater and a LB.

Sting of the North

Unless that are very obvious upgrades that are not too far of match fitness, I would not want to bring in too many players, since I don't believe we will be able to bring in many players that are good enough to just walk into the team. My thinking takes into account that any player acquired most likely have lacked playing time recently or may need time to adjust to the PL, and that they also may need time to adjust to the team. In short, they need to be of a unlikely high quality to make up for the aforementioned potential problems.

Therefore, I would go primarily for a CB, preferably one that can slot directly into the team within a week. Vida would be great I think (although no PL experience), not sure about Cahill but hopefully he has some left in the tank. I also would like cover/competition for either LB or RB, hopefully a player that is a clear upgrade once settled and fit.

Other than that, everything else is a bonus really. I think the players we have for midfield and attack is definitely good enough to keep us up, assuming that the defence is upgraded/steps up a notch. With that said, a player like Babel has managed to look like an immediate upgrade, so wouldn't hurt to get some additional competition in.

Mince n Tatties

Can see Cahill deciding to come to us at last minute,or he will be left out in the cold at Chelscum.

Deeping_white

Kamara is going to Turkey, he's posted an image on his instagram story of a Turkish airline

hovewhite

A CB for sure ,Cahill would be my pick for sure.
LB wise to,sess is a better player at LB than Ryan.
Also think Steve sess should be a contender at RB pushing Christie who is getting better.

JoelH5

Quote from: Deeping_white on January 30, 2019, 04:55:58 PM
Kamara is going to Turkey, he's posted an image on his instagram story of a Turkish airline

Yep, just going to say that. Good news as it means it gives us a bit more on the wage budget to play with.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

JoelH5

Malatyaspor have basically just confirmed AK

I was there, standing in the Putney end

junior white

Quote from: JoelH5 on January 30, 2019, 05:07:32 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on January 30, 2019, 04:55:58 PM

Yep, just going to say that. Good news as it means it gives us a bit more on the wage budget to play with.
Depends on the deal, hope we have a fee and wages covered, however it maybe no fee and only part covered. Let's hope for the former

davew

Quote from: DevonFFC on January 30, 2019, 12:54:47 PM
Any rumours
There will be a traffic jam at Finlay Street tomorrow with so many players arriving at the cottage for their medicals!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Southcoastffc

I will be very surprised if we get anyone. 
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

@jolslover

Just read were trying to sign Drinkwater and Johansen is close to moving to Fenerbache.
Don't think we need Drinkwater personally. With Seri Cairney and Chambers performing well and Anguissa nearing return from injury. Feels like unnecessary expenditure when we desperately need a CB/RB.
STH H3