watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyone else scared what will happen when we go down

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, January 13, 2019, 12:28:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

We are basically going to have sell a whole team and buy a new one. And we are going to have to get a new manager.

Our recruitment team is nowhere near up to the task.

Fulham76

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on January 13, 2019, 12:28:04 PM
We are basically going to have sell a whole team and buy a new one. And we are going to have to get a new manager.

Our recruitment team is nowhere near up to the task.

All true unfortunately. Very scary

toshes mate

I think, in many ways, we are going to have to make a lot of adjustments between now and end of season regardless of outcome.  The Club needs to look long and hard at this season so far, the summer window, the sacking of SJ, the recruitment of Ranieri etc., and determine how much better they need to be at organising change in whatever way it has to be made and managed.  We need to have polished professionals in every key football club position and no passengers.

One Martin Thomas

After the last relegation any struggle wont be a surprise for me !

EastEndWhite

No, not yet. The mini-league at the bottom of the table is getting smaller but we are still in it.  Whilst there are still games remaining and points to be won I will still believe.  Only until it is impossible for us to survive will I start to worry.

Jimpav

We will be in a better starting position than last time. Starting the season with Magath was suicide - losing our first 8 games in the Championship.

filham

Quote from: EastEndWhite on January 13, 2019, 12:38:48 PM
No, not yet. The mini-league at the bottom of the table is getting smaller but we are still in it.  Whilst there are still games remaining and points to be won I will still believe.  Only until it is impossible for us to survive will I start to worry.
That is right, we must continue to fight while there is a chance of survival.
Avoiding relegation is possible with two or three key signings, promotion from the Championship would mean a whole new team as our best players would leave immediately. A rebuild would take several seasons.

S.F.Sorrow

I would be worried even if we stayed up. Too many loans to be replaced. If we're relegated we probably have to sell at least Mitro, Sess, Seri, Cairney. If the rumours are true that we're already two men down with TFM and AK out the door... and that Johansen+KMac could be leaving... Yes, I can see us heading for League One unless our recruitment team starts planning for the Championship NOW.

Talking about closing the gap is all very well but it's just words. Looking at the remaining fixtures I really can't see it happening. Damage control is what's needed at this point, not desparate spending and get us into trouble with FFP in the Championship. We've already been hit with a transfer embargo a couple of seasons ago. What's the rules for repeated violations? I think points deductions can be used at some point and that's NOT a situations we want to get ourselves into.

At least we will get Fonte back in the summer, lol. He'll get us 3 points against Burton. Oh, wait, they're in League One now. Better send Fonte back on loan until 2020/21 then.

On the positive side I actually woke up this morning with the feeling that we MIGHT just make it and stay up. But then I opened this board and was brought quickly back down to earth. It's not gonna happen, is it?

Sgt Fulham

I'll miss Mitro, Sess, Rico and TC from the players we will lose, the rest I really don't care. We will however have quite a large budget in which to assemble a capable team, and a competent manager assuming Ranieri stays. It's not all doom and gloom; at least we have renewed our parachute payments.

Robbie

Unfortunately I think we are as good as relegated.
We need our owner to continue to support us through another relegation.
That will involve getting rid as quickly as possible all the high cost deadwood.
Rebuild quickly.

The calamity could be Sunderland, Ipswich etc...

gezkc

Quote from: Jimpav on January 13, 2019, 01:02:55 PM

We will be in a better starting position than last time. Starting the season with Magath was suicide - losing our first 8 games in the Championship.

But who would we start with next season? Do you really think Ranieri will be kept on as manager if we do go down this year?

bahay18

We are in a much stronger place than the last relegation , team of old men last time . But this is far from over , this is table from january from 2008 . i bet reading were feeling pretty comfortable at this stage.https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/premier-league/15-january-2008/.

but of course this does assume we start winning a few games and someone has a stinker of a run .

hovewhite

Ask our recruitment team to plan!no hope and Bob hope.