watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Paper talk

Started by H4usuallysitting, January 27, 2019, 04:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

Stef Jo could be off to Celtic or Leeds..... Won't we need him next season in the championship (if we go down)

Fulham76

We ARE going down & yes, we'll definately need players like Johanssen. A proven excellent championship player who will cost us nothing.

Selling these type is players would be stupid.

Milo

... and (if true..) shows poor man mangement to add to the Kamara saga?

Woolly Mammoth

The worrying aspect here is, that so far this season has been full of poor man management, and Ill judged decisions from within the club, with lack of leadership on and off the pitch, and the trail goes back to preseason preparation. I shan't mention recruitment, as that has been flogged to death, but all these issues have contributed to the club and the team having no Heart Beat at all this season.
With morale lower than a snakes belly.
So to transfer the kind of individuals and characters that we will probably need next season smacks of lack of foresight and vision, I would like to have thought they had learnt something by now.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: Fulham76 on January 27, 2019, 05:05:46 PM
We ARE going down & yes, we'll definately need players like Johanssen. A proven excellent championship player who will cost us nothing.

Bang on ... agree 100%

MJG

or maybe release a space in midfield for a younger player to come through. His contract is up and while we have an option maybe if we are planning say to bring on O'Reilly or Torre next season then letting him leave would nit be a bad option.
And I write as someone who has his signed shirt hanging up on my wall.
Just the views of a long term fan

cookieg

Quote from: MJG on January 27, 2019, 05:44:51 PM

or maybe release a space in midfield for a younger player to come through. His contract is up and while we have an option maybe if we are planning say to bring on O'Reilly or Torre next season then letting him leave would nit be a bad option.
[/quote

And he will be 2 years older and maybe past his best which we saw last season.

davew

Do you think he will really want to play for us after the way he has been neglected this season, doubt it?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Fulham76

Maybe. Who knows what the club are thinking!

That said, we know Johannsen is good enough, his price is simply a continuation of his current contract (maybe we get pushed into to a small increase), but no significant expense.

Hoping the youngsters are going to be good enough doesn't seem a sensible option.

bobby01

I would think that is a good idea, but unfortunately, I do not believe Ranieri will be the man to blood younger players.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

MJG

Quote from: Fulham76 on January 27, 2019, 06:01:47 PM

That said, we know Johannsen is good enough, his price is simply a continuation of his current contract (maybe we get pushed into to a small increase), but no significant expense.

Hoping the youngsters are going to be good enough doesn't seem a sensible option.
you never know if you block them forever

MJG

Quote from: bobby01 on January 27, 2019, 06:02:16 PM

I would think that is a good idea, but unfortunately, I do not believe Ranieri will be the man to blood younger players.
I agree, but I don't expect him here and if I was planning it this way he wouldn't be.

filham

Sorry to see Johansen leave, he performed so well last season as part of the Cairney, MacDonald, Johanson  engine room which was the best in the Championship.
I think perhaps he should have been used more this season in a midfield that has failed us.

bobby01

Quote from: MJG on January 27, 2019, 06:38:47 PM
Quote from: bobby01 on January 27, 2019, 06:02:16 PM

I agree, but I don't expect him here and if I was planning it this way he wouldn't be.

Fair enough, we are in agreement then,lol.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Fulham76

Quote from: MJG on January 27, 2019, 06:38:11 PM
Quote from: Fulham76 on January 27, 2019, 06:01:47 PM

you never know if you block them forever

True, but a silly idea to pin your hopes to them - not fair on them or the club in general.

Any youngsters with potential need to be  eased in slowly, just the way Sessegnon was.

hovewhite

Midfield this year,has been rubbish and no desire unlike  last year which never gave up.
This year midfield never started desire wise.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

we should have kept hold of players like Humphrys until the summer as well
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

I Ronic

Quote from: davew on January 27, 2019, 06:00:58 PM
Do you think he will really want to play for us after the way he has been neglected this season, doubt it?

He started the season with the manager that picked him last year and he didn't get much game time. CR hasn't used him much either. I don't think either manager was/is being disrespectful in not picking him. He was a big part of why we got promoted. He's in the same boat as several other players who did well for us last year. The same scenario is played out across the country with teams who get promoted. I hope things work out for him. Whether he stays with us or goes. Last season won't be forgotten though.

bigalffc

Instead of selling the likes of Stefjo and Kmac we should loan them out for the rest of the season thereby keeping the options open for the Championship
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum