watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

5 hours 30 minutes until we potentially know our fate

Started by JoelH5, January 29, 2019, 02:12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelH5

Even Ranieri has said this is a game we have to win..

Who's nervous?  :wine:
I was there, standing in the Putney end

fulhamben

Not really, there's no way we will score enough goals to beat Brighton. We will probably need at least 3. And I've known our fate for months
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Jimpav

No nerves for me.

Any optomism I had left died at the end of the Spurs match. We should have won that match in hindsight.

ByTheRiver

As a concerned fellow white, I can help calm your nerves and offer you a glimpse into the future... Follow the simple steps below:

1). put the following link into your browser of choice - www.fulhamfc.com
2). click on 'fixtures'
3). scroll down to 'March 2019'

There you will find our fate mapped out, long before (and regardless of the result in) the game against Brighton and Hove Albion tonight

You're welcome  082.gif

Milo

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Atomhead

Quote from: ByTheRiver on January 29, 2019, 02:25:13 PM
As a concerned fellow white, I can help calm your nerves and offer you a glimpse into the future... Follow the simple steps below:

2). click on 'fixtures'

There you will find our fate mapped out, long before (and regardless of the result in) the game against Brighton and Hove Albion tonight

You're welcome  082.gif

But then you look at April / May and theres 6 games we can definitely get something out of. Not to mention 3 games in Feb which we can be positive about. A win tonight and belief returns.

JoelH5

Quote from: Atomhead on January 29, 2019, 02:31:06 PM

2). click on 'fixtures'

You're welcome  082.gif

But then you look at April / May and theres 6 games we can definitely get something out of. Not to mention 3 games in Feb which we can be positive about. A win tonight and belief returns.

No, no! You're not allowed to be positive. To the doom mongers above, you don't sound like you're enjoying it at the moment.

If any of you go to the games, can I have your tickets?
I was there, standing in the Putney end

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Atomhead on January 29, 2019, 02:31:06 PM

2). click on 'fixtures'

You're welcome  082.gif

I know, I know. It was fairly tongue in cheek. I'd love to stay up as much as anyone (albeit I do think its too late and we have left ourselves to do, in a league that is much stronger than the previous Great Escape). Gallows humour...

Woolly Mammoth

We are D oomed ❗️ I tell you D oomed ‼️ 👎🏴‍☠️💣🧨🔚✖️⛔️💀👎

Never forget your Roots.

Sting of the North

I am still fairly positive. I tend to not get nervous until it closes in on kick off. It goes something like this:

- Right before the game, and during the first 5 minutes or so I am a wreck and convinced that we will get thrashed.
- If we can keep a clean sheet for those 5 minutes or so, I usually start to feel gradually more optimistic.
- If we score first, I feel great for a few minutes and then gets extremely nervous again for as long as we are in the lead.
- If we get to maybe a three goal lead I just feel good.
- If we let in the first goal, or an equalizer or fall behind, I feel defeated for a while which is actually better for my nerves.
- If we are behind, as stated above I start out really pessimistic but if we play decent I start to feel that we may just turn it around. At that point though, I am not too nervous as I feel we no longer have anything to lose.
- During the last 5-10 minutes if we are in the lead or if we have a vital point then I am an absolute wreck again.

ex-Pat

Our fate was sealed when we lost to Burnley, enough of this struggling game after game, roll on the Championship,

Mince n Tatties

I haven't been optimistic of late,but I've got a good feeling about tonight.
Think we'll hump them 3-0 or 4-0.Coyw

SuffolkWhite

It's the hope that kills you, but if you have no hope it cant kill you!  093.gif  :Get Coat gif:

I am a glass half full person but realistically we just arn't at the races this season and we have no luck. 

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

filham

I always said that at home we needed two goals in order to win, now two is insufficient as our defence means we need at least three. Problem is the attack has only the single goal in them at the best.

Woolly Mammoth

The whole season been a 🔥 bonfire 🔥, and only the players can put it out.
Unfortunately so far it's the players that need a bucket of cold water 🚿🚰 thrown over them more than the bonfire.

Never forget your Roots.

Statto

Quote from: ex-Pat on January 29, 2019, 02:55:41 PM
Our fate was sealed when we lost to Burnley, enough of this struggling game after game, roll on the Championship,

Exactly

Atomhead

You see, I just don't get this kind of post. Yeah, the Championship was great when we had a strong side and were desperately wanting to get promoted. As it is currently, If we go down theres nothing to say that we'd come straight back up, and judging by your post, thats not what you want anyway, so what do you want? to be a mid table championship side? To be good, but not quite good enough? That would be utterly depressing if you ask me. Look, we messed up our return to the prem massively, but despite how bad we've been were not quite dead yet (unbelievably really, considering how bad its been) Our best bet is to scrape staying up - we only have to be the 4th worst team in order to do that - and with what we know now make a sensible and sustainable plan for building a stronger side for next season. If we want to survive and thrive as a football club we have to be in the Prem, not some bit part player in the championship.

Twig

Quote from: Atomhead on January 29, 2019, 03:57:40 PM
You see, I just don't get this kind of post. Yeah, the Championship was great when we had a strong side and were desperately wanting to get promoted. As it is currently, If we go down theres nothing to say that we'd come straight back up, and judging by your post, thats not what you want anyway, so what do you want? to be a mid table championship side? To be good, but not quite good enough? That would be utterly depressing if you ask me. Look, we messed up our return to the prem massively, but despite how bad we've been were not quite dead yet (unbelievably really, considering how bad its been) Our best bet is to scrape staying up - we only have to be the 4th worst team in order to do that - and with what we know now make a sensible and sustainable plan for building a stronger side for next season. If we want to survive and thrive as a football club we have to be in the Prem, not some bit part player in the championship.
I agree in that I see no attraction in dropping down a division and also agree that it would be way better to scrape a way to stay up. I just don't see that happening.

WindyCity