watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just turned around and came home

Started by Riversider, January 29, 2019, 03:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Just been in to town to meet my daughter for lunch, with the intention of going to the game via the barber and the pub,
She asked if I was going to the game, which I said I was, she said"" you must be mad, they keep sending me e-mails trying to flog me tickets, I thought Brighton at home midweek in the snow when they've done nothing in the transfer window, no thanks""
We carried on our lunch but it planted a seed in my mind,
When we parted I thought to myself "what am I doing here, we've done next to f*** all to improve our chances"
So I jumped in to my car and headed home, this is my 49th season and I've never got to London before then headed home,
Sincerely hope we win 4 nil tonight, will I be gutted that I missed it ? Nope not in the slightest,  I will be as happy as anybody else, in fact I'm praying to God that the Gods of Fate think that it would be hilarious for Fulham to have their best win of the season and for me to miss it,
Got to level with you all, I'm absolutely sick to death of this season and it can't end quick enough for me,
I'm sick of The Premier League and all it stands for, I  sick of Tony Khan and the way he runs my club (and yours) and I'm sick of seeing so many s*** players all wearing the white shirt simultaneously ,
Points were there for the taking against Burnley, Spurs and Brighton and we've done next to nothing to give Claudio a fighting chance, feel really sorry for him.

Baszab

Agree

But I have to go.... I paid for the season ticket

filham

Yes, I too am tempted to give it a miss tonight, snow forecast at 9pm so journey home could be bad.
However I have a season ticket and it is a habit I can't kick so I will be leaving at the usual time I guess.

Regret I have to agree their is nothing exciting about this team and it is hard seeing us well beaten match after match.

SuffolkWhite

Would go if I lived in London but cant make the midweek games anyway as cant get time off work, this season I am kinda glad I cant make all the games.

Roll on March for my next games as cant make the Utd game either, although March could be very painful viewing unless there is a Fulhamish miracle.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

nose returns

all of what you say is true, but here is the difference
i have to go, I just have to be there

and I do love being in the prem but the people that run it are reprehensible.

Statto

Got to say it is a rather depressing thought going to the Cottage in a few hours knowing that even if we win 5-0, I'm unlikely to remember the game for more than a few months and in the meantime I'll still feel just as depressed in the knowledge that we're still going down. Some on here moan about the moaning, but when you wait several years to get promotion and good team, it's painful to see it pi$$ed away and reduced to this so quickly and stupidly, in just a few months. I think people are entitled to bang on about it until their frustration subsides, which understandably may take many months or even years.

Dodger53

I agree that this team fails to excite, l am going to keep going until the bitter end and try and look forward to the championship next year although the current management even taint the thought of that. Especially as I live near Brighton this is one I would love us to win so I don't have to listen to my brother in law crow next time I see him. If they thrash us you will all probably hear him. In the Putney end!  Anyway must get going now, blankets and shovel loaded.

MikeTheCubed

Mirrors a dream I had last night where I was parked outside the ground the whole game (weird in itself as I've only ever travelled by train), then watched our supporters make their exit following a win. While I've never genuinely thought about not going (bar the minute after seeing that Lee Probert is the referee) I am indifferent to the result as I am indifferent to relegation.

Dodgin

I won't make my seat tonight, wife has hidden the car keys. " It's a twenty mile drive, your in your eighties, heavy snow round here tonight  and you can stream it" OK dearest.

H4usuallysitting

Aren't we introducing our new signings Mbappe & Neymar tonight...... Must admit I don't blame you - I don't live far from the ground so no criticism from me....enjoy your evening in the warm

bill taylors apprentice

I have very similar feelings to the OP and won't be going tonight.
I'm ST holder and  have a 300 mile round trip but all the negatives, the weather, my bad back, the pain of losing and the PL kick off times is nothing compared to the disappointment in those running the club.

I genuinely believe we have owners who mean well but they keep fu@king up the team with there recruitment methods and that's the depressing bit.

Many will say be careful what you wish for but it makes it worse knowing we have pi$$ed the money away and ended up with a worse team.

Sting of the North

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on January 29, 2019, 05:22:24 PM
Aren't we introducing our new signings Mbappe & Neymar tonight...... Must admit I don't blame you - I don't live far from the ground so no criticism from me....enjoy your evening in the warm

Sadly, Neymar is injured. It won't stop us from signing him, but he won't be introduced tonight. Mbappe really don't like snow, which unfortunately our stats failed to show, so he won't come either (he has actually been allowed a few days in the sun, but has promised to keep reasonably fit). They will both be ready any month now however.

fcfulham55

My mate is a ST holder, he can't make it tonight. And he can't even give them away for free.

We're going through tough times, whats harder to swallow is the fact that we now are probably years away from building anything remotely as good as we had last year.

Especially under TK.   Though he does appear to mean well, he doesn't have a clue.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

Milo

Quote from: fcfulham55 on January 29, 2019, 05:40:52 PM
My mate is a ST holder, he can't make it tonight. And he can't even give them away for free.

We're going through tough times, whats harder to swallow is the fact that we now are probably years away from building anything remotely as good as we had last year.

Especially under TK.   Though he does appear to mean well, he doesn't have a clue.

We have gone back five years... in two months, as Statto says!

It looks to have gotten even worse this window as our Championship ready players are rumoured to be on their way out. We still haven't sent S Sess and O'Reilly out on loan...

General

Quote from: Riversider on January 29, 2019, 03:08:25 PM
Just been in to town to meet my daughter for lunch, with the intention of going to the game via the barber and the pub,
She asked if I was going to the game, which I said I was, she said"" you must be mad, they keep sending me e-mails trying to flog me tickets, I thought Brighton at home midweek in the snow when they've done nothing in the transfer window, no thanks""
We carried on our lunch but it planted a seed in my mind,
When we parted I thought to myself "what am I doing here, we've done next to f*** all to improve our chances"
So I jumped in to my car and headed home, this is my 49th season and I've never got to London before then headed home,
Sincerely hope we win 4 nil tonight, will I be gutted that I missed it ? Nope not in the slightest,  I will be as happy as anybody else, in fact I'm praying to God that the Gods of Fate think that it would be hilarious for Fulham to have their best win of the season and for me to miss it,
Got to level with you all, I'm absolutely sick to death of this season and it can't end quick enough for me,
I'm sick of The Premier League and all it stands for, I  sick of Tony Khan and the way he runs my club (and yours) and I'm sick of seeing so many s*** players all wearing the white shirt simultaneously ,
Points were there for the taking against Burnley, Spurs and Brighton and we've done next to nothing to give Claudio a fighting chance, feel really sorry for him.

49 Seasons is impressive - and I'm sorry you feel so disenchanted with everything going on, you're not alone, but I have noticed a few of your posts recently have taken a turn for the negative and in quite a strong way.. A shame to see. I appreciate that strength of emotions come from caring a lot about the club and you've put a lot into it, but surely having been a fan for so many years - whilst Tony Khan's transfer business and this season so far has been bordering on atrocious - a wimper and blip, surely as a fan you've seen worse than this..

I personally struggled a lot more dealing with the mess that was Lawrie Sanchez and when MAF refused to put any money into players... Whilst I personally have come increasingly to the point of laying the blame solely at TK's feet for this shambles of a season so far, I've felt worse.

I even remember watching Fulham play Arsenal in a league game when I was in a refugee camp and It was so bad I thought I'd take myself on a walk around the UN compound (which has nothing in it and was in the middle of arid land), than watch the second half.

Perhaps I'm slightly naive, but having almost accepted our fate, I still hold out hope on two counts - one the Khan's are to blame and put money in, but the fact they put money in and are to blame means in order to improve they have to be self-critical.. FINALLY, our transfer policy may change/improve or we may get someone in who knows what they're doing.

Secondly, they've proven that if they can and are within means they're happy to spend - whilst they should've had players in before the last three games if possible, I'm not going to be uber critical of them just yet as we nearly drew against Tottenham last time out (albeit without Kane etc).. I look at the fact they've left it late AGAIN as a key moment of idiocy by them, but with a few days remaining and none of the players we've been linked with having signed for anyone else, there is still hope deals will be got over the line..

IF those deals are got over the line, whilst it will be a very difficult proposition - especially if we lose tonight, I do think we have the squad up front, if supported by a proper defence - Cahill, Valencia or Moses and Drinkwater for me is all we need, to go from a team propping up the table to getting a good run of results behind us.

Small margins, ifs and buts, but there are worse things than seeing the inevitable, accepting your fate but knowing it could be a lot worse..

ffcthereligion

Don't blame you. Just wish the season would end. But for me I have to go

davew

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on January 29, 2019, 05:22:24 PM
LOL, that was kept secret!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Madman Maddle

Sess Mitro Kamara
Johansen McDonald Cairney
Targett Ream Odoi Fredericks
Bettinelli

It's not like we lost many key players. We still have the whole promotion XI, other than both fullbacks. Piazon, Kalas, Norwood are all nice players, but when you get promoted you don't pay ridiculous fees for players who weren't even regulars in the Championship. Btw there is no way we would have fared any better with Fredericks and Targett in the PL. Remember one didn't want to come back anyway and the other one wasn't allowed to join us at a reasonable price. Bryan is very comparable to Targett, or do you think Targett would've turned into a PL ace for us? Christie was already with us for half a year and did well in his Championship appearances.

Could we beat Brighton tonight with the above lineup including Bryan and Christie? More importantly, would we contend for promotion next season in the Championship with this lineup? I'm not sure. It just worked out last season and this season the wheels fell off.

In hindsight it would have been better to stay passive in the summer and look how we fare with our promotion squad plus some depth additions. The Khans aimed higher though and were praised by all pundits, the general public and especially on this forum. This forum would have gone crazy over being too cheap and not investing enough in the summer. Now we complain about the bad business.

The business wasn't really bad at the time we made it, but it didn't work out and looks really bad now. It's also wrong to claim that everything got ruined. As I pointed out, most of the promotion squad is still here. Even if we would have been successful in the PL right away, our promotion squad was never really a squad to build around for a PL future. Most of us could tell in the summer that we would need better pure defenders and a more physical midfield. Be it a larger Odoi, a stronger Johansen, a faster McDonald...

BestOfBrede

Should change your name from Madman to Senseman
Well said

ScalleysDad

Alas we baled as early as yesterday as the tickets were still available today, according to a raft of emails from the Club. However tempting attending might have been the prospect of the M3 and A303 later on sort of quashed the enthusiasm. Have to say I was easily persuaded to bale based on the decidedly unexciting events on the pitch. Its such a shame.

Anyway safe home everybody.