Main Menu

Team for Palace game

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, January 30, 2019, 05:45:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

What do you think?

I want him to start Cairney and Sess.

Use Schrulle as an impact sub.

Dread to think how our defence will cope with Saha and Andros etc. However good win yesterday and we live in hope.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on January 30, 2019, 05:45:20 AM
What do you think?

Dread to think how our defence will cope with Saha and Andros etc. However good win yesterday and we live in hope.

When your 5th defender is Ream, you may as well play 4 at this level.

If Bryan is fit, put Sess in for Schurrle.

Bassey the warrior

Same team as 2nd half. Possibly Sess for Vietto.
Ideally we have a few new players by then.

DevonFFC

What do you think?

Hoping that someone comes in and buys Zaha before we play them

fulhamben

What do you think?

if schurrle starts on the bench, then theres a great chance that we wont even need an impact sub
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: fulhamben on January 30, 2019, 08:21:13 AM
What do you think?

if schurrle starts on the bench, then theres a great chance that we wont even need an impact sub

Your hatred of Schurrle is becoming intense,your not thinking of doing something bad are you,like sticking pins in his doll. 064.gif

fulhamben

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 30, 2019, 08:24:36 AM
What do you think?

Your hatred of Schurrle is becoming intense,your not thinking of doing something bad are you,like sticking pins in his doll. 064.gif
after the first two goals, i have decided to bring back my Parker effigy's. is there a worse defensive coach in the entire world? and as to schurrle, its not so much hate of him, as it is a desperate wish to stay up. surely now more have come over to my side, and seen that we are far superior when he doesnt play. christie is better when he doesnt have him in front of him, and again mitro shows how much better he is when he has decent players running alongside him. 
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Carborundum

If Seri, Chambers, Cairney and Babel start then I'd be confident that we'd win the battle of midfield.  That of course doesn't stop Palace doing a counter-attacking number on us as they did in August. We don't really have a player that Zaha can't skin, so we might as well stick with the approach for last night's second half and hope momentum carries us through.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: fulhamben on January 30, 2019, 08:30:15 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 30, 2019, 08:24:36 AM
What do you think?

after the first two goals, i have decided to bring back my Parker effigy's. is there a worse defensive coach in the entire world? and as to schurrle, its not so much hate of him, as it is a desperate wish to stay up. surely now more have come over to my side, and seen that we are far superior when he doesnt play. christie is better when he doesnt have him in front of him, and again mitro shows how much better he is when he has decent players running alongside him. 
👍

Statto

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on January 30, 2019, 06:57:29 AM

Agree

For me it would be

Rico

Christie   Odoi   MLM   Bryan

Chambers Seri

Babel     Cairney     Sessegnon

Mitrovic

Stephen Sessegnon has to be on the bench and on for Christie at some point, unless the game is so finely balanced that we need to use the subs for other tactical changes.

twang

Rico
Odoi - McDonald - Le Marchand - Bryan
Chambers - Seri
Vietto - Cairney - Babel
Mitrovic

Bench: Bettinelli, Christie, Ream, Cisse, Johansen, R Sessegnon & Schurrle

Sting of the North

Quote from: twang on January 30, 2019, 09:57:51 AM
Rico
Chambers - Seri
Vietto - Cairney - Babel
Mitrovic

Bench: Bettinelli, Christie, Ream, Cisse, Johansen, R Sessegnon & Kebano

I am curious about your inclusion of McDonald. What is your reasoning behind this? I mean, not only is he not really match fit, but you also wants to play him out of position, so I am wondering if there is a specific thought behind this?

Statto

I'd forgotten about Vietto... toss up between him and Sessegnon IMO... as long as Schurrle is dropped

Also... I know it won't happen but actually I reckon even Ryan Sessegnon would do a better job than Christie at right back. He's good with both feet and intelligent enough to work out how to play on the other side.

twang

Quote from: Sting of the North on January 30, 2019, 10:03:52 AM
Quote from: twang on January 30, 2019, 09:57:51 AM
Rico
Chambers - Seri
Vietto - Cairney - Babel
Mitrovic

Bench: Bettinelli, Christie, Ream, Cisse, Johansen, R Sessegnon & Kebano

I am curious about your inclusion of McDonald. What is your reasoning behind this? I mean, not only is he not really match fit, but you also wants to play him out of position, so I am wondering if there is a specific thought behind this?

IMHO KMac should have been tried in central defence as soon as Mawson got injured and I can't understand why he's barely been included since Ranieri took over. If that's down to injury then it's more than I know and what I've heard from the club.

He's played in central defence in the past and never let us down. I can see how he's not quick enough to play in midfield at Premier League level but at central defence pace is less of an issue and his reading of the game and leadership qualities are much needed.

Bottom line is that, in my opinion, that would be the best back four available at the moment.

Wingnut

Wouldn't change a winning team if, I'm being honest. Start with the same XI that started the second half and see how it goes. If we can replicate that second half performance on Saturday, I think we'll get a draw from this, at least.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

elgreenio

Quote from: Statto on January 30, 2019, 09:54:40 AM

Agree

For me it would be

Rico

Chambers Seri

Mitrovic

Stephen Sessegnon has to be on the bench and on for Christie at some point, unless the game is so finely balanced that we need to use the subs for other tactical changes.

So much pressure on whoever plays RB for us as they basically have to play as a winger as well. Not something I'd particularly want thrust upon S Sess. Not to mention Zaha running at him, no thankyou for this one.

Same team that started the second half if possible, with R Sess on for Babel, his legs gave up after 75 last night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
touch my camera through the fence

nose returns

Quote from: Wingnut on January 30, 2019, 10:42:47 AM
Wouldn't change a winning team if, I'm being honest. Start with the same XI that started the second half and see how it goes. If we can replicate that second half performance on Saturday, I think we'll get a draw from this, at least.

i would usually agree but think our two full backs are so rotten that I would play sess rather than bryan otherwise the same AND the smae tactics of attacking and dominating possesion and moving the ball quick. palace will try and put a wet blanket over us but they will need to attack too as thy need the points too so maybe a few more gaps to expoit. what we d need to worry about are townsend and zaha on the counter attack, we will probably have to outscore them because i do not think we can stop them for 90 minutes.

Baszab

Bet he starts with same first 11 as last nite - assuming Bryan and Shirley are OK

General

Quote from: Statto on January 30, 2019, 09:54:40 AM

Agree

For me it would be

Rico

Chambers Seri

Mitrovic

Switch out Christie for Valencia, Odoi for Cahill and then someone else in for Bryan and it's starting to look like a pretty good outfit..

JoelH5

Quote from: DevonFFC on January 30, 2019, 08:04:33 AM
What do you think?

Hoping that someone comes in and buys Zaha before we play them

Or he gets sent off tonight
I was there, standing in the Putney end