more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (01/02/19)...

Started by WhiteJC, February 01, 2019, 08:11:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Kamara joins Malatyaspor

Fulham forward Aboubakar Kamara has completed a loan move to Turkish side Yeni Malatyaspor on transfer deadline day.

The French forward always looked certain to leave Craven Cottage during the January window following an eventful month where he missed a penalty against Huddersfield having refused to hand the ball over to Aleksandar Mitrovic, was embroiled in a fight with the Serbian striker at Motspur Park and was arrested on suspicion of actual bodily harm following an altercation with a club employee at Fulham's Motspur Park training ground.

The 23 year-old joined Fulham from Amiens in July 2017 for a fee believed to be in the region of £5m and scored seven times in 32 league appearances as the Whites won promotion to the Premier League via the play-offs. Kamara scored five goals in 15 appearances this season for the Whites, but will remain in Turkey until 30 June.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2019/01/kamara-joins-malatyaspor/

WhiteJC

Nordtveit Joins On Loan

The Club is delighted to confirm the signing of Håvard Nordtveit on loan from TSG 1899 Hoffenheim until 30th June 2019.

A versatile player who can operate at centre-back or in midfield, 28-year-old Nordtveit adds further Premier League experience to the Fulham squad, having spent a season with West Ham United.

Nordtveit had his first taste of senior football in his native Norway in August 2006 when he became FK Haugesund's youngest ever player at the age of 16.

A year later – having been personally scouted by Arsene Wenger – Nordtveit joined Arsenal, and during four years as a Gunners player took in loan spells with UD Salamanca, Lillestrøm SK and FC Nürnberg.

After impressing during his season on loan in Germany, he returned to the Bundesliga six months later when he agreed a permanent transfer to Borussia Mönchengladbach.

During his five full seasons at the club, Mönchengladbach secured three top four finishes, peaking when they ended the 2014/15 campaign in third place, and he then featured in all six of their UEFA Champions League matches the following term.

After making 187 appearances – in which time he scored 12 goals and laid on a further 11 assists – Nordtveit returned to London when Slaven Bilic signed him for West Ham.

In his sole season with the Irons, Nordtveit made 21 appearances in all competitions as they secured an 11th place finish in the Premier League.

He then moved back to Germany in a big money deal, helping Hoffenheim to a third place Bundesliga finish in his maiden season with the club, and he departs having appeared for them 34 times.

Nordtveit made his senior international debut for Norway aged 20 in a 1-0 win over Lithuania in 2011, in a side captained by Brede Hangeland and which also featured John Arne and Bjorn Helge Riise. Nordtveit now has 45 caps and two goals to his name.

Speaking to fulhamfc.com, Nordtveit said: "I'm really happy to have the opportunity to come back to the Premier League and hopefully help Fulham to a safe place. That would be a something that I would put high on my list in my career.

"The situation Fulham is in now, it's more or less the same that Borussia Mönchengladbach was in when I went to them from Arsenal. They were down the bottom of the table, a much worse situation, eight points off a safe place, and we made it. It's a feeling that I want again because it's a feeling you can't get anywhere else, just on a football pitch.

"I haven't spoken to Brede about coming here but he is a good friend of mine. Of course, nothing would make me more happy than if I could fill half of his boots. He had a great career here. That's a guy to look up to. Hopefully, I can make some good moments, like he did in a Fulham shirt."

Tony Khan added: "Havard is a talented defender, he's versatile and intelligent, has extensive international and top-tier league experience, and he comes recommended as an excellent teammate.

"His scouting profile and his data profile are both excellent, and he arrives with the support of our Manager. I believe this is a smart loan for Fulham, and we look forward to welcoming Havard to our squad. Come on Fulham!"

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/january/31/havard-nordtveit-joins-fulham-on-loan

WhiteJC

Havard Nordtveit joins Fulham on loan from Hoffenheim

Havard Nordtveit has joined Fulham on loan

Fulham have signed Hoffenheim's Havard Nordtveit on loan until the end of the season.

The 28-year-old, who can play at centre-back or in midfield, joined Hoffenheim in 2017 from West Ham.

Nordtveit spent five years at Borussia Mönchengladbach, where he made 187 appearances, after his time at Arsenal.

Nordtveit has 45 caps for Norway, and made his senior international debut aged 20 in a side captained by former Fulham centre-back Brede Hangeland.

Nordtveit told Fulham's official website: "I'm really happy to have the opportunity to come back to the Premier League and hopefully help Fulham to a safe place. That would be something that I would put high on my list in my career.

"The situation Fulham is in now, it's more or less the same that Borussia Mönchengladbach was in when I went to them from Arsenal.

"They were down the bottom of the table, a much worse situation, eight points off a safe place, and we made it. It's a feeling that I want again because it's a feeling you can't get anywhere else, just on a football pitch.

Nordtveit spent the 2016/17 season at West Ham

"I haven't spoken to Brede about coming here but he is a good friend of mine. Of course, nothing would make me more happy than if I could fill half of his boots.

"He had a great career here. That's a guy to look up to. Hopefully, I can make some good moments, like he did in a Fulham shirt."

Fulham are currently second bottom in the Premier League, having won four games this season.

Vice-chairman Tony Khan added: "Havard is a talented defender. He's versatile and intelligent, has extensive international and top-tier league experience, and he comes recommended as an excellent team-mate.

"His scouting profile and his data profile are both excellent, and he arrives with the support of our manager. I believe this is a smart loan for Fulham, and we look forward to welcoming Havard to our squad. Come on Fulham!"

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11681/11624212/havard-nordtveit-joins-fulham-on-loan-from-hoffenheim

WhiteJC

Premier League predictions: Lawro v NFL stars Mohamed Sanu and Ryan Fitzpatrick

Manchester City have three games in the next week that will "define" their title challenge, according to BBC Sport's football expert Mark Lawrenson.

City, who are five points behind leaders Liverpool, play Arsenal at home on Sunday, then travel to Everton on Wednesday and host Chelsea next weekend.

"The pressure is really on Pep Guardiola's side and they just need to forget about Liverpool because you can take them out of the equation for the moment," Lawrenson says.

"Regardless of how Liverpool do in their fixtures, this week will define whether or not City can win the league. If they win one, draw one and lose one, then things will become very difficult for them."

Lawro is making predictions for all 380 top-flight matches this season, against a variety of guests.

This week he is up against Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarter-back Ryan Fitzpatrick and Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Mohamed Sanu.

The pair, who were in the UK this month for a NFL UK Live show, will be watching Super Bowl LIII on Sunday rather than playing in the showpiece game in Atlanta.

The BBC will bring you comprehensive coverage of Super Bowl LIII between New England Patriots and Los Angeles Rams across all platforms from 22:45 GMT on Sunday, 3 February.

LAWRO'S PREDICTIONS
Crystal Palace v Fulham

Palace's recent performances have been decent and I would expect another positive display from them here, even without the suspended Wilfried Zaha.

I don't think anyone saw Fulham's comeback against Brighton coming - they have been struggling for goals all season so for them to score four in the second half was just ridiculous.

That result will have given them lots of confidence but, if they are going to push on and save themselves, they really need some more of their players to chip in with some goals.

Aleksandar Mitrovic's two goals against Brighton mean he is into double figures in the league this season which is a very good return, but Andre Schurrle, with six, is their only other player who seems to pose a threat.

Lawro's prediction: 1-1

Mo's prediction: 0-0

Ryan's prediction: 0-0

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47070743

WhiteJC

Timothy Fosu-Mensah's refusal to cut his Fulham loan short is a misguided decision

On Thursday, the Manchester Evening News reported that Timothy Fosu-Mensah had turned down a chance to cut his Fulham loan short.

The obstinance of the Manchester United right back is terribly misguided, as the defender is harming both his personal development and Fulham's season in the process.

When the 21-year-old joined in August, he was expected to command the starting right back place in the Fulham lineup. Yet Fosu-Mensah's incosistent form led to Cyrus Christie being preferred ahead of him, and the sacking of Slavisa Jokanovic seemed to seal the loanee's fate in SW6.

Ever since Claudio Ranieri has taken over, the Italian has made it clear Fosu-Mensha is not in his first team plans. The only action the Dutchman has seen since mid-November was a cameo substitute appearance against Arsenal on New Year's Day — even that was an underwhelming defensive display littered with errors.

The logical move would be for Fosu-Mensah to return to his parent club and seek a loan move elsewhere for the second half of the season.

But by refusing to cut his loan short, Timothy Fosu-Mensah is locking himself in a dead-end situation and hindering Fulham by occupying one of the club's two domestic loan slots.

https://tbrfootball.com/timothy-fosu-mensahs-refusal-to-cut-his-fulham-loan-short-is-a-misguided-decision/

WhiteJC

Nordtveit signs for Fulham

Fulham have signed Norwegian international defender Håvard Nordtveit on loan from Hoffenheim until the end of the season, the club have confirmed this evening.

The 28 year-old, who has had two previous spells in English football with Arsenal and West Ham United, helped Hoffenheim to a third-place finish in the Bundesliga last season but has found his first-team opportunities limited this term. Nordtveit had made just eight league appearances for Hoffenheim and jumped at the opportunity to try and help Fulham avoid relegation from the Premier League.

Nordtveit told Fulham's official website tonight:

I'm really happy to have the opportunity to come back to the Premier League and hopefully help Fulham to a safe place. That would be a something that I would put high on my list in my career.

The situation Fulham is in now, it's more or less the same that Borussia Mönchengladbach was in when I went to them from Arsenal. They were down the bottom of the table, a much worse situation, eight points off a safe place, and we made it. It's a feeling that I want again because it's a feeling you can't get anywhere else, just on a football pitch.

I haven't spoken to Brede [Hangeland] about coming here but he is a good friend of mine. Of course, nothing would make me more happy than if I could fill half of his boots. He had a great career here. That's a guy to look up to. Hopefully, I can make some good moments, like he did in a Fulham shirt.

Nordtveit, who can also play as a defensive midfielder, burst onto the scene in his native Norway as a teenager by making his first-team debut with FK Haugesund at the age of 16. He moved to Arsenal, having been watched by Arsene Wenger a year later, but couldn't make the grade with the Gunners and left four years later without having made a senior first-team appearance in north London. He joined Borussia Mönchengladbach and helped his new club finish in the top four on three occasions, including a third-place finish in 2014. He started all six of Mönchengladbach's Champions' League games the following year and, after making 187 appearances, left to join West Ham.

His single season with the Hammers was something of a disappointment as Nordtveit made just 21 appearances, before Hoffenheim came calling in June 2017. The versatile 6ft 2in Norwegian has won 45 senior caps for his country, scoring two goals.

Fulham's director of football operations Tony Khan said:

Havard is a talented defender, he's versatile and intelligent, has extensive international and top-tier league experience, and he comes recommended as an excellent teammate. His scouting profile and his data profile are both excellent, and he arrives with the support of our manager. I believe this is a smart loan for Fulham, and we look forward to welcoming Havard to our squad

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2019/01/nordtveit-signs-for-fulham/

WhiteJC

Fulham sign ex Hammer Nortveidt

Struggling Fulham have moved in on former Hammer  defender/midfielder Havard Nordtveit as they continue their battle at the bottom of the PL.

It hardly seem the sort of move required to keep the south west Londoners up given the player's record with us where he made just 16 appearances in 2016/17 before moving on to 1899 Hoffenheim.

However, Claydio Ranieri has made a late swoop for the Norwegian defensive midfielder as he looks to stage a great escape.

It could mean that one of Nortveidt's first games in Fulham colours will be against us later in February when the Cottagers arrive at the London Stadium.

He will be looking for some revenge over the club that bought him on a five year contract but decided to get rid within a season.

Since his arrival at Hoffenheim he has made just 23 appearances in the first team but Ranieri obviously sees something that he likes as he makes a last rattle of the dice.

https://www.claretandhugh.info/fulham-sign-ex-hammer-nortveidt/

WhiteJC

Fulham sign former Arsenal and West Ham defender Havard Nordtveit from Hoffenheim on loan until end of season

Fulham have sealed a deadline-day loan for Havard Nordtveit from Hoffenheim
    Nordtveit had spells at Arsenal and West Ham and has joined until end of season
    Claudio Ranieri's side are in 19th place in league table, six points adrift of safety

Fulham have completed a deadline-day loan deal for Havard Nordtveit from Hoffenheim.

The former Arsenal and West Ham centre half, who can also play as a defensive midfielder, has joined until the end of the season.

The 28-year-old made no senior appearances for the Gunners during his four years at the club between 2007 and 2011, but played 21 times for the Hammers during the 2016-17 campaign.

Fulham have completed a deadline-day loan deal for Havard Nordtveit from Hoffenheim

'I'm really happy to have the opportunity to come back to the Premier League and hopefully help Fulham to a safe place. That would be a something that I would put high on my list in my career,' Nordtveit told the club's official website.

'The situation Fulham is in now, it's more or less the same that Borussia Monchengladbach was in when I went to them from Arsenal.

'They were down the bottom of the table, a much worse situation, eight points off a safe place, and we made it. It's a feeling that I want again because it's a feeling you can't get anywhere else, just on a football pitch.

'I haven't spoken to Brede (Hangeland) about coming here but he is a good friend of mine. Of course, nothing would make me more happy than if I could fill half of his boots. He had a great career here. That's a guy to look up to. Hopefully, I can make some good moments, like he did in a Fulham shirt.'

Claudio Ranieri's side are currently in 19th place in the Premier League table, six points adrift of safety following a crucial win over Brighton on Tuesday.

Following Nordtveit's arrival, Fulham vice-chairman Tony Khan, said: 'Havard is a talented defender, he's versatile and intelligent, has extensive international and top-tier league experience, and he comes recommended as an excellent team-mate.

'His scouting profile and his data profile are both excellent, and he arrives with the support of our manager. I believe this is a smart loan for Fulham, and we look forward to welcoming Havard to our squad. Come on Fulham!'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6655295/Fulham-sign-Havard-Nordtveit-Hoffenheim-loan-end-season.html

WhiteJC

Memory Lane – Fulham

This season, I am waslking down memory lane back through my 24 years and over 600 games of watching Palace.

For each home game, I will reflect on the highs and lows that I have seen against our opposition. Some clubs, I have a rich history of great Palace moments, and for others, there has been limited encounters but I will try to capture the emotion, context and excitement of the Palace life.

Fulham

Fulham are a team that I have barely seen us play against. Surprisingly, we have only played them eighteen times in our entire history, with only nine coming in the last 32 years.

Highlight

Palace...2 (Johnson, Riihilahti)

Fulham...0

4th October 2005, Premier League

Well, I guess, seeing as I have only seen one win against the West Londoners, then I can only really pick one game. Leading into this Monday night tie, we had got just two points from our opening seven matches and were staring relegation in the face. On the night, Palace legends, Aki Riihilahti and Andy Johnson, gave us a 2-0 win and kick-started our season.

Many years later, in July 2017, I visited Helsinki and tweeted Aki to ask to meet up. My hero replied and invited me to share a coffee and watch his HJK Helsinki side train, where he is the CEO. In Aki's office, he proudly displays a framed picture of him celebrating that goal against Fulham, arms out, with pure joy on his face. It was a beautiful sight. The moment clearly means a lot to our favourite Finn.

Aki's other role is that he is the first Scandinavian to be a board member of the European Club Association, alongside members from clubs such as Barcelona, Real Madrid, Manchester United, Paris Saint Germain, Bayern Munich and others. Soon after Aki joined the board, they all sent polite Christmas messages to each other. Aki joined in and replied to all. He wrote "I would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, especially our Ajax representative, Edwin van der Sar, who'd been in goal for Fulham match back in 2004." Aki then attached a picture of him grinning inanely as his header escaped the grasp of the big Dutchman and flew into the Selhurst net. So fifteen years after Aki's goal helped us to our first Premier League win of the season in 2004, he was still promoting the club inside the inner circle of some of the world's most illustrious clubs twelve years later.

Lowest Moment

Palace...1 (Mariappa)

Fulham...4

21st October 2013, Premier League

This one is easy too. We had started the 2013/14 Premier League season badly – although slightly better than our 2004/05 season – but we all saw this fixture as our chance to kick start our campaign. Just as it had nine years previously. Adrian Mariappa gave us an early lead and everything looked to be going well. Then my friend Dan, who I have a season ticket with, turned up late from work. Out of nowhere, Fulham player, Pajtim Kasami, scored the goal of the season, and Steve Sidwell followed it up with another stunning strike before half time.

In the second half, Palace completely fell apart. We looked so far off the Premier League pace that I wasn't worried about staying up – I was still targeting twelve points to beat Derby's record. I left ten minutes before the end, not in protest or anger, just in despair and a wish to catch the earlier train to get home at a reasonable time. Thankfully, this meant that I missed the overly aggressive protest from the Fanatics against the players and manager.

Two days later, Ian Holloway quit, and while it was clear he was a long way out of his depth, I found it incredibly sad to see a genuinely good man look so lost and beaten. He will never be our greatest manager but he is certainly someone I will always have respect for.

https://theeaglesbeak.com/2019/02/01/memory-lane-fulham/

WhiteJC

Games for the Weekend 02/02
This weekend we're off to Selhurst Park to take on Roy Hodgson's Crystal Palace.
So after our midweek game against Brighton we face a Crystal Palace side sitting 6 points above us however Palace will be without their star striker and talisman Wilfried Zaha who was sent off against Southampton.
The 2nd half performance against Brighton showed our potential, we just need to build on that and get a result, which won't be easy, against Palace before the visit of Man Utd.
Mitro had a great game, continually bulling the defence and scored a couple which proved to be pivotal, Seri had probably his best game and it was good to see Babel get the full 90 minutes, I wonder if we'll see Havard Nordtveit? if he's half as good as Brede it'll be good to have another Norwegian in the team.

Games of Interest
Saturday 2nd
Spurs v Newcastle
Burnley v Southampton
Chelsea v Huddersfield
Palace v Fulham
Cardiff v Bournemouth

come on over to the forum and join in the conversation...
http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?board=1.0

WhiteJC

Baggies recruit Johansen

Stefan Johansen has this evening joined Albion from Fulham for the remainder of the campaign.

The Norway international midfielder, 28, has 46 caps and five goals for his country and has made 12 Premier League appearances for the Lilywhites this term.

He played a prominent role in Fulham's return to the Premier League last season, making 48 Sky Bet Championship appearances, including all three play-off fixtures.

Johansen has not played in this season's Emirates FA Cup and is eligible to play for the Baggies.

"I'm delighted we have been able to bring Stefan into the group," said Head Coach Darren Moore. 
"He has got fantastic experience and as a player, a wonderful range of passing, good leadership qualities and a good scoring record. He will add to our goal capabilities and will be a quality addition to our squad."

https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2019/january/baggies-recruit-johansen/

WhiteJC

Premier League Preview – Fulham

In what will be the third game in seven days for the Eagles, Fulham are the visitors to South London this weekend.

After heading back to South London from the South Coast in midweek with a point in their back pocket instead of all three, Roy Hodgson will have to do without the suspended Wilfried Zaha for the visit of Fulham.

It will be interesting to see how Hodgson chooses to replace the talisman with the likes of Max Meyer, Bakary Sako and Jeffrey Schlupp all vying for a starting spot. There will also be a temptation to start Christian Benteke or Connor Wickham over Jordan Ayew (or even a late, late, transfer deadline day signing *wink*wink*).

Palace will be looking to do the double over a struggling Fulham side who picked up an impressive win in midweek but they currently sit six points from safety with 14 games left to play. Claudio Ranieri has his work cut out to keep the newly promoted side in the Premier League but it will not be for the want of trying.
TEAM NEWS (courtesy of Physio Room)

CRYSTAL PALACE – James Tomkins (hamstring) is a major doubt but Cheikhou Kouyate (ankle) is expected to be fit after both limping off in the game against Southampton. Pape Souare (shoulder) continues to miss out.

FULHAM – Andre Schurrle (knock), Andre Zambo Anguissa (ankle) and Joe Bryan (leg) will face late fitness tests. Alfie Mawson (knee) is unavailable.
ACTION REPLAY

The last time these two sides met was the opening day of the season as the newly promoted hosts entertained Palace at Craven Cottage. Jeffrey Schlupp got the Eagles off the mark with an excellent goal right befor half time and Wilfried Zaha secured the points with ten minutes left to play.

Who Scored man of the match – Aaron Wan-Bissaka (8.6)
FORM GUIDE

Last FIVE meetings between the two sides;

11/08/2018 Fulham 0-2 Crystal Palace
    30/07/2016 Fulham 3-1 Crystal Palace
    01/08/2015 Fulham 1-1 Crystal Palace
    11/05/2014 Fulham 2-2 Crystal Palace
    21/10/2013 Crystal Palace 1-4 Fulham

Last FIVE results for Palace;

30/01/2019 Southampton 1-1 Crystal Palace
    27/01/2019 Crystal Palace 2-0 Tottenham Hotspur
    19/01/2019 Liverpool 4-3 Crystal Palace
    12/01/2019 Crystal Palace 1-2 Watford
    05/01/2019 Crystal Palace 1-0 Grimsby Town

Last FIVE results for Fulham;

29/01/2019 Fulham 4-2 Brigton & Hove Albion
    20/01/2019 Fulham 1-2 Tottenham Hotspur
    12/01/2019 Burnley 2-1 Fulham
    06/01/2019 Fulham 1-2 Oldham Athletic
    01/01/2019 Arsenal 4-1 Fulham

THE RECORD AGAINST FULHAM

Played 44
    Won 12
    Drawn 15
    Lost 17

FORM PLAYERS (courtesy of Who Scored)

Top two rated players from each team so far this season;

Aaron Wan-Bissaka 7.23
    Aleksandar Mitrovic 7.18
    Luka Milivojevic 7.11
    Calum Chambers 6.96

ONE TO WATCH

RYAN BABEL

Former clubs – SV Diemen, ASV Fortius, Ajax, Liverpool, 1899 Hoffenheim, Kasimpasa, Al Ain, Deportivo La Coruna, Besiktas,

The signing of the former Liverpool player caught many by surprise but Fulham signed the Dutch international midway through January from Turkish side Besiktas. Since leaving Anfield in 2011, Babel has moved between a number of clubs including a brief return to former side Ajax. His successful stint in Turkey has seen the attacking player return to the international fold with the Netherlands.
PREDICTION

The visitors will be bouyed by the home win against Brighton last time out after battling back from being two goals down. It gives them the imputus they need to mount a real challenge for survival and will be looking for a repeat of their last visit to Selhurst Park. As for the hosts, one win and one draw in the last four league games suggests improvement is needed to pull away from the danger zone. TEB predicts a narrow win.

TEB prediction – home win
    Fulhamish Pod prediction (see link below) – away win
    Who Scored prediction – home win

BETTING ODDS (courtesy of Paddy Power)

Home – Evens
    Draw – 23/10
    Away – 11/4
    Both teams to score – 3/4

https://theeaglesbeak.com/2019/02/01/premier-league-preview-fulham-2/

WhiteJC

Johansen's West Brom Loan

The Club can confirm that Stefan Johansen has joined West Bromwich Albion on loan for the remainder of the season.

Johansen – who brought up a century of Fulham appearances earlier in the campaign – joins a Baggies side currently sitting fourth in the Championship table.

Everyone at Fulham would like to wish Stefan the very best of luck for the remainder of the season, as he targets a second successive promotion to the Premier League.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/january/31/stefan-johansen-joins-west-bromwich-albion-on-loan

WhiteJC

Johansen joins West Brom on loan

Fulham midfielder Stefan Johansen has moved to West Bromwich Albion on loan for the remainder of the season.

The Norway captain has found his first-team opportunities limited at Craven Cottage this season following Fulham's promotion to the Premier League and hopes to win a second successive promotion from the Championship under Darren Moore at the Hawthorns, with the Baggies sitting fourth in the table at present.

Johansen quickly became a fans' favourite at Fulham after signing from Celtic for around £3m in August 2016, despite being hauled off after just 32 minutes on his debut. His energetic displays quickly saw strike up a superb understanding with Tom Cairney and Kevin McDonald in the Fulham midfield as Slavisa Jokanovic's side reached the Championship play-off semi-finals before going one better and beating Aston Villa to reach the top flight last May.

The 28 year-old midfielder, who has made 46 senior appearances for Norway and scored five goals, has made 104 appearances for the Whites, scoring 21 goals. Johansen has only made three starts for Fulham this season – having been a regular in the first-team previously. His current contract at Craven Cottage expires at the end of this campaign, although Fulham have the option of triggering a one-year extension.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2019/01/johansen-joins-west-brom-on-loan/

WhiteJC

Fulham seal stunning late free transfer for controversial Liverpool man

Fulham have completed a stunning late move for Liverpool winger Lazar Markovic on a free transfer.

The Cottagers left it until the final stages of the January transfer window to land the Serbian international, handing in one of two deal sheets received by the Premier League after the 11pm UK deadline.

That granted them an extra two hours to finalise the move, and Fulham have confirmed that Markovic has joined as their third January signing, and second of deadline day after Havard Nordtveit.

Markovic moved to Anfield for £20m from Benfica in summer 2014, but had found playing opportunities increasingly limited.

His last appearance for the first team came in May 2015, with loan spells at Fenerbahce, Sporting, Hull and Anderlecht proving unsuccessful.

The Serbian's Anfield contract expired in the summer, and Fulham have landed him for free as Liverpool wanted to get him off their wage bill.

"Lazar Markovic is a gifted young player; we're pleased to welcome him from Liverpool for the remainder of the season," chairman Tony Khan told Fulham's website.

"Lazar is known as a great teammate, he has the support of our Manager, and he has the talent to strengthen our attack. Come on Fulham!"

Liverpool Under-23s boss Neil Critchley spoke out in October about Markovic's attitude since being moved to the youth team.

"Lazar has been training with us for a while now and I've got to say he's been brilliant to work with," Critchley told the ECHO.

"We've enjoyed having him around and he's been great with the young lads.

"He's humble, he listens to what's asked of him and he's been professional. He gets on well with the other players. He played as a centre-forward against Arsenal and on the right wing against West Brom.

"We don't know how long he will be with us. Eventually, I'm sure his career will go on a different path but while he's here we want everyone to benefit."

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/fulham-submit-deal-sheet-in-hopes-of-late-move-for-controversial-liverpool-man

WhiteJC

Markovic Signs

The Club is delighted to confirm the free transfer signing of 24-year-old winger Lazar Markovic from Liverpool on a deal until the end of the season.

Fulham received very good recommendations from Aleksandar Mitrović regarding the player.

Markovic made his breakthrough at Partizan Belgrade where he was a teammate of Mitrović and named in the SuperLiga team of the season in each of his two full – and title-winning – campaigns in the first team.

His form attracted the attentions of Benfica in the summer of 2013 but he was only with the Portuguese giants for one season, as his extraordinary success in their treble-winning campaign prompted Liverpool to part with a reported £20m for his services.

Markovic made 34 appearances for the Reds in his maiden campaign with the club, before taking in four loan spells across four different countries at Fenerbahce, Sporting Lisbon, Hull City and Anderlecht.

Since making his Serbia debut in February 2012 Markovic has scored three goals in 22 outings for his country.

Tony Khan said: "Lazar Markovic is a gifted young player; we're pleased to welcome him from Liverpool for the remainder of the season. Lazar is known as a great teammate, he has the support of our Manager, and he has the talent to strengthen our attack. Come on Fulham!"

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/february/01/lazar-markovic-signs

WhiteJC

Fulham seal shocking free transfer of £20m Liverpool man

Fulham have completed a stunning late move for Liverpool winger Lazar Markovic on a free transfer.

The Cottagers left it until the final stages of the January transfer window to land the Serbian international, handing in one of two deal sheets received by the Premier League after the 11pm UK deadline.

That granted them an extra two hours to finalise the move, and Fulham have confirmed that Markovic has joined as their third January signing, and second of deadline day after Havard Nordtveit.

Markovic moved to Anfield for £20m from Benfica in summer 2014, but had found playing opportunities increasingly limited.

His last appearance for the first team came in May 2015, with loan spells at Fenerbahce, Sporting, Hull and Anderlecht proving unsuccessful.

The Serbian's Anfield contract expired in the summer, and Fulham have landed him for free as Liverpool wanted to get him off their wage bill.

"Lazar Markovic is a gifted young player; we're pleased to welcome him from Liverpool for the remainder of the season," chairman Tony Khan told Fulham's website.

"Lazar is known as a great teammate, he has the support of our Manager, and he has the talent to strengthen our attack. Come on Fulham!"

https://www.football365.com/news/fulham-make-shocking-late-move-for-20m-liverpool-man

WhiteJC

Fulham sign Liverpool winger Lazar Markovic

Fulham have pulled off the signing of Liverpool winger Lazar Markovic in the final moments of Deadline Day.

The Serbian will bring an end to his days on Merseyside, and remain in the Premier League with the Cottagers.

Fulham lodged a deal sheet for the player with the Premier League just before the 11pm deadline in the hope of pushing through the move, which they managed to successfully.

Sky Sports News understands Liverpool will recoup around £1.7m in wages and fees for the 24-year-old.

Markovic, who signed for the Reds in a £20m deal from Benfica in July 2014, was due to be out of contract in the summer.

Since falling out of favour at Liverpool, Markovic had loan spells at a series of clubs, including Hull City, Fenerbahce and Sporting Lisbon.

It was a busy final day for Fulham, who failed in their bid for full-back Youssouf Sabaly despite meeting a £12m release clause and the player passing a medical.

His club Bordeaux did not reply in time, putting a stop to any potential switch, though Claudio Ranieri's side were able to bring in Hoffenheim's Harvard Nordtveit on loan until the end of the season.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11681/11624308/fulham-sign-liverpool-winger-lazar-markovic

WhiteJC

Lazar Markovic completes permanent move to Fulham

Lazar Markovic has joined Fulham on a permanent transfer, Liverpool can confirm.

The 24-year-old has departed the Reds for Craven Cottage, bringing his four-and-a-half-year spell with the club to an end.

Markovic originally arrived at Anfield from Benfica in July 2014 and has since made 34 appearances for the first team, scoring three goals.

The forward has also spent time on loan at Fenerbahce, Sporting CP, Hull City and Anderlecht.

Everyone at LFC wishes Lazar all the best at his new club.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/336283-lazar-markovic-completes-permanent-move-to-fulham

WhiteJC

Fulham swoop for Markovic

Fulham have completed a deal to sign Serbian winger Lazar Markovic on a free transfer from Liverpool.

The 24 year-old, who played alongside Aleksandar Mitrovic at Partizan Belgrade, where he helped his boyhood club to back-to-back Serbian titles. He spent a treble-winning season at Portuguese giants Benfica before moving to Liverpool, but Markovic struggled to establish himself at Anfield, despite making 34 first-team appearances in his first season in English football.

Markovic, who has won 22 caps for Serbia, has since spent time on loan with Fenerbahce, Sporting Lisbon, Hull City and Anderlecht. His new club suggested that Mitrovic had 'highly recommended' the tricky winger to the Whites. Fulham's director of football operations Tony Khan said:

Lazar Markovic is a gifted young player; we're pleased to welcome him from Liverpool for the remainder of the season. Lazar is known as a great teammate, he has the support of our Manager, and he has the talent to strengthen our attack.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2019/02/fulham-swoop-for-markovic/