watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

‘I will die at this Club’

Started by Jimsbeerbelly, February 02, 2019, 08:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimsbeerbelly

Were Tony Kahn's exact words on Twitter the other week, whilst telling an FFC fan to 'go to hell'.

Going to hell is exactly where we are heading this season, back to the Championship without a whimper, and a complete embarrassment in front of the rest of the Premier League.

I for one hope Tony Khan steps down from his role as DOF, or, from the the owners point of view, is made to stand down, as it's been a complete and utter car crash.

What pains me, is that we had such a glorious oportunity to put this club back on the Premier League platform, yet, poor decision after poor decision has killed us.

For me, I don't mind Tony 'dying at this Club' I just don't want him dying here in the Director of Football role, or we'll end up dead.

Let him play with his new wrestling venture, and draft in an experienced head to take care of transfers, and the general dealing of day-to-day football business, as he's clearly to inexperienced.

Thank you fir your efforts Tony, but it really isn't for you..

davew

Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on February 02, 2019, 08:09:09 PM
Were Tony Kahn's exact words on Twitter the other week, whilst telling an FFC fan to 'go to hell'.

Going to hell is exactly where we are heading this season, back to the Championship without a whimper, and a complete embarrassment in front of the rest of the Premier League.

I for one hope Tony Khan steps down from his role as DOF, or, from the the owners point of view, is made to stand down, as it's been a complete and utter car crash.

What pains me, is that we had such a glorious oportunity to put this club back on the Premier League platform, yet, poor decision after poor decision has killed us.

For me, I don't mind Tony 'dying at this Club' I just don't want him dying here in the Director of Football role, or we'll end up dead.

Let him play with his new wrestling venture, and draft in an experienced head to take care of transfers, and the general dealing of day-to-day football business, as he's clearly to inexperienced.

More importantly, it isn't for us, some of us have been with FFC for nearly a lifetime, we deserve more!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

bobbo

Davew , I feel like that too , whilst lots on here been going longer than me I completed 60 years last October . But it was my choice originally and been my choice since. We all know we wouldn't change. The likes of tony Khan almost certainly doesn't register with our feelings with the club . IT IS part of our lives.
There's better and more qualified people around to make the decsions that he's made so poorly, is it an ego trip for him because financial reward wouldn't be the attraction. Sadly it appears to be too late now to put it right. I know I'm preparing myself for championship football next season but it'll be far from a walk in the park.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

nose returns

Quote from: davew on February 02, 2019, 08:21:18 PM

More importantly, it isn't for us, some of us have been with FFC for nearly a lifetime, we deserve more!!

What you have said encapsultes all my despair and frustration with this wasted season.

Nero

OK Tony goes who comes in and  what difference is that going to make to the scout report that say these players are good enough

Woolly Mammoth

Everybody has their place in the world, but Fulham FC is certainly not the owners sons place, when he happens to be here.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Hoppus

I wanted to die watching that second half against Palace.

Twig

Quote from: Nero on February 02, 2019, 08:48:07 PM
OK Tony goes who comes in and  what difference is that going to make to the scout report that say these players are good enough

I am not sure I understand your English, but I think you are asking who could make an improvement over TK? How about Ralf Rangnick, Les Reed, Steve Walsh?

BedsFFC

andyk

I'm sure Tony Khan is trying to do his best for Fulham, but the comment " I will die at this club", is just the same crap these guys come out with all the time. This club has had rich millionaires (billionaires) as chairman for most of my life.  From Ernie Clay, David Bulstrode, to Mo and the Khans, these people come and then, just as quickly, they go.  They are never seen at the club again, and have virtually no interest in the club once they leave.  Tony will be the same. 
The only people who will die at this club are us lot, no matter where we end up, as long as there is a football club, called Fulham, playing at Craven Cottage, we'll be there, till our last breath. As for Tony, I doubt it.

nose returns

Quote from: andyk on February 03, 2019, 09:19:54 AM
I'm sure Tony Khan is trying to do his best for Fulham, but the comment " I will die at this club", is just the same crap these guys come out with all the time. This club has had rich millionaires (billionaires) as chairman for most of my life.  From Ernie Clay, David Bulstrode, to Mo and the Khans, these people come and then, just as quickly, they go.  They are never seen at the club again, and have virtually no interest in the club once they leave.  Tony will be the same. 
The only people who will die at this club are us lot, no matter where we end up, as long as there is a football club, called Fulham, playing at Craven Cottage, we'll be there, till our last breath. As for Tony, I doubt it.

I do not think owners understand the amount of time and emotional involveement we have with the club.

Many of us will strain close family relationships to support the club. Spending too much time away from home, changing arrangements and holidays to fit the fixtures, or just not turning up to family events on match day.

We know far more than the owners think and as far as the closed shop merry go round of failed managers is concerned, no outsider would ever get a look in. And yet whilst not a brilliant player, my lack of pace and first touch forced me to become one of the world's foremost tacticians and if i would have been in charge, we would not have lost yesterday, or at least not in such shambolic style.

But the owners are negligent in the way the treat us with such contempt. Not showing up, sickly sweet PR pieces making vague proises and bland statements that just cannot be met.

The manager wanted to bring in a leader, mr khan said he would support him, but no leader appeared. As for TK, enough words have been written about his incompetence.

I have loads to worry about, serious non football stuff at the moment. Football should be a pleasurablediversion.. i cancope with losing and even relegation, but this season rates as the most pointless dispiriting event since bulstrode. All i can think about is the wasted money in summer and the lack of any effort to fix it in january. Then sacking the manager and to replace by a clown is just ludicrously wrong, but yesterdays team selection beat all of that, the manager is now the number one problem, worse than even i imagined possible.

Woolly Mammoth

He will not die at this club, because he is nowhere near qualified to.
As for Fulham Supporters going to hell, he is wrong there also, because we will all go to heaven as we have already been to hell supporting Fulham.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

You're right. Southampton had a great scouting report for Anguissa too, making offers on him for a little less than Fulham. I also had a French Football Fan tell me that Anguissa was the next Patrick Viera and a Full Time Professional Sports Coach (mostly tennis) with degree in sports science tell me that Anguissa was a bargain at 30 million (although he had only seen him play once against Australia and once against Germany) and after he had a big laugh at Fulham's mistake when he saw Anguissa against Manchester United.

Anguissa fooled a lot of people and while Fulham valued him higher than other teams, most teams would have loved to have signed him for 10-15 million then (which none would pay now). And, maybe TK knew he was only worth 15 million, but thought FFC need another midfield its deadline day (i got Mito at a bargain a few weeks ago) lets pay $7 million extra as there is no time left.

The joke is "we would be out of the relegation zone if we just beat Burnley away and drew with Huddersfield away" i think we recruited a good enough squad to be expected to achieve those results.

I would point out that since Anguissa has joined Fulham, i am sure every Clubs in the world has dropped their estimation of his value. Whether FFC recruitment buy good or bad players, Fulham need to be a club where young players improve and increase in value after joining.

nose returns

Quote from: The Rational Fan on February 04, 2019, 02:59:05 AM

You're right. Southampton had a great scouting report for Anguissa too, making offers on him for a little less than Fulham. I also had a French Football Fan tell me that Anguissa was the next Patrick Viera and a Full Time Professional Sports Coach (mostly tennis) with degree in sports science tell me that Anguissa was a bargain at 30 million (although he had only seen him play once against Australia and once against Germany) and after he had a big laugh at Fulham's mistake when he saw Anguissa against Manchester United.

Anguissa fooled a lot of people and while Fulham valued him higher than other teams, most teams would have loved to have signed him for 10-15 million then (which none would pay now). And, maybe TK knew he was only worth 15 million, but thought FFC need another midfield its deadline day (i got Mito at a bargain a few weeks ago) lets pay $7 million extra as there is no time left.

The joke is "we would be out of the relegation zone if we just beat Burnley away and drew with Huddersfield away" i think we recruited a good enough squad to be expected to achieve those results.

I would point out that since Anguissa has joined Fulham, i am sure every Clubs in the world has dropped their estimation of his value. Whether FFC recruitment buy good or bad players, Fulham need to be a club where young players improve and increase in value after joining.

I think you will find the supporters from his previous team didn't think much of him and said that we had been stiched up good and proper when he was sold. The reports in france were he is talented but contributes little to the team effort as he does not understand the dynamic of the game going on around him.

from my observation he gives up when he loses poseesion and that must have been apparent to anyone watching him. and finally, watching a player at international level only is a bad indicator of how they may be for club because the game is very very different.

sunburywhite

It can be arranged

I know some heavy dudes
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

toshes mate

Why is it that some people on here cannot seem to get their heads around 'evidence' rather than opinion, statistical merit, or other circumstantial matters?  Anguissa and Seri were touted by an agent who was also involved with Sala's, the young player from Nantes who died when his light aircraft crashed into the sea off of Guernsey (the wreckage having now been found on the seabed).  That agent admits to having told porky pies about the valuations of and the interest from other clubs in the players he touted.  That is fact.  Is he alone in such methods or are they copied by other agents at will? 

Let all that factual evidence percolate through our grey matter and perhaps enable us to understand the scenarios that may face and have faced our recruiters every time they enter the transfer market viz - how can you tell the difference between truth and fiction in the marketplace and what measures should be or are in place to ensure no one is ever taken for a ride? 

cottage expat

Quote from: davew on February 02, 2019, 08:21:18 PM

Amen to that !

Sting of the North

Quote from: toshes mate on February 04, 2019, 03:43:09 PM
Why is it that some people on here cannot seem to get their heads around 'evidence' rather than opinion, statistical merit, or other circumstantial matters?  Anguissa and Seri were touted by an agent who was also involved with Sala's, the young player from Nantes who died when his light aircraft crashed into the sea off of Guernsey (the wreckage having now been found on the seabed).  That agent admits to having told porky pies about the valuations of and the interest from other clubs in the players he touted.  That is fact.  Is he alone in such methods or are they copied by other agents at will? 

Let all that factual evidence percolate through our grey matter and perhaps enable us to understand the scenarios that may face and have faced our recruiters every time they enter the transfer market viz - how can you tell the difference between truth and fiction in the marketplace and what measures should be or are in place to ensure no one is ever taken for a ride?

I am fairly sure that such methods or other shady methods are present in a substantial number of all high value transfer cases. I cannot know this of course, but given the amounts involved it seems likely. Agents will always look for ways to increase the price of a player, albeit some will go further than others.

So, it is a fact (if it is verified, which I don't know) that an agent claimed to have tried to increase the value/ trick clubs into pulling the trigger regarding two of our summer signings among others? It is however not a fact that this is what convinced us to buy them, or even that it increased the price or had anything to do with it. It is in fact just a fact that an agent referenced them in order to brag about how terrific he is in selling a player. Conclusions drawn from this evidence would be labelled as speculation surely?

Or am I missing something here, has there been further evidence provided other than an email?   

Jem

"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

HV71

Rational Fan - your French tennis coach probably thought he was worth 30 m because he was good at getting the ball over the net