watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Marcus Bettinelli

Started by Southcoastffc, February 03, 2019, 05:25:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

Does anyone know why he wasn't on the bench yesterday please?  Injury?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

MJG

Quote from: Southcoastffc on February 03, 2019, 05:25:03 PM
been carrying a knee injury for weeks, looks like might have an operation. Might as well do it now ready to resume duties next season.
Just the views of a long term fan

Southcoastffc

Quote from: MJG on February 03, 2019, 05:27:07 PM
been carrying a knee injury for weeks, looks like might have an operation. Might as well do it now ready to resume duties next season.
Thanks - and yes, seems sensible at this fairly depressing stage!
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

hovewhite

always amazes me how not playing you end up injured,strange that?

Fulham1959

Quote from: hovewhite on February 03, 2019, 05:32:59 PM
always amazes me how not playing you end up injured,strange that?

Maybe even the subs train during the week ?

Nero

I heard he spoke out of terms during the team dominos and be banished until further notice

The Rational Fan

I believe Fabri is Fulham best goalkeeper at coming out from his line and crosses. While Fabri is our third best goalkeeper, our defense is weak in the air and if we are up against a good goalkeeper Aerial may be considered. Also, if Betts is next years keeper, putting Fabri on the bench improves his resale value. Plus Betts is to some degree injuried and not being on the bench allows him to concentrate on recovery for next season.

Bracken White

Nice theory but the fact is Bettinelli was injured.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

WhiteJC

Fulham and England keeper Marcus Bettinelli set to undergo knee surgery with long-standing injury likely to rule him out of club's relegation run-in

Fulham and England goalkeeper Marcus Bettinelli is set for knee surgery
    He is likely to miss the remainder of the season and England's Euro qualifiers
    Bettinelli has a long-standing knee complaint and hopes operation will fix issue

England international Marcus Bettinelli is set to undergo knee surgery this week.

The Fulham shot-stopper is likely to miss the rest of the season once he undergoes the procedure, potentially ruling him out of the club's relegation run-in and England's opening Euro 2020 qualifiers against the Czech Republic and Montenegro, as well the UEFA Nations League Finals in June.

Bettinelli has been carrying a long-term knee complaint and following talks with manager Claudio Ranieri last week it was decided the shot-stopper should undergo the procedure as quickly as possible to ensure he is fully fit going into the summer and the start of next season.

Fulham goalkeeper Marcus Bettinelli is set to undergo surgery on a long-standing knee issue

Bettinelli is likely to be ruled out of England's Euro 2020 qualifiers at the end of March

The 26-year-old, who broke into Gareth Southgate's squad earlier this season, has produced some impressive performances this year but was omitted from the squad to face Crystal Palace on Saturday ahead of the operation.

And with Fabri still at the club, all parties decided it makes sense for Bettinelli to have surgery now.

Fulham are seven points from safety following their 2-0 defeat at Palace on Saturday.

Bettinelli makes a full-length save to clear an Arsenal cross during a Premier League meeting

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6662673/Fulham-England-keeper-Marcus-Bettinelli-set-undergo-knee-surgery.html

Berserker

I hope he sorts it out as I like Betts

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.