watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Respect to Tony Khan

Started by Facts Not Fiction, February 07, 2019, 11:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facts Not Fiction

Over the last few days, he has donated nearly £8k to 3 good causes.

People may scream and shout at him for making mistakes, but he's clearly a very generous individual.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on February 07, 2019, 11:16:29 PM

People may scream and shout at him for making mistakes, but he's clearly a very generous individual.
I think you will find few people who do not believe that he is a decent bloke, but most of the criticism aimed at him is towards his inability to do his job for which he is clearly 'unqualified'.  Doesn't make him a bad person, but people are clearly frustrated by how things have gone this season.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Robin Hood was apparently a good person.

Not a critisism of TK, just an attempt at humor
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Andy S

What's all the fuss about? Three clubs are relegated every year. So why should we be exempt?

ffcne

So what
I think we would all be very generous individuals if we had his sort of money.
I know i would .

Woolly Mammoth

That does not excuse him for being incompetent at his job.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Lots of folk who don't have the wealth of the Khans give to charities, some pensioners getting ripped off by some of them,that its cost them their lives.
Only thing the wife and I donate to is local animal rescue centre,and not money either we take every so often food to them like lots of others do.
Charities never see half the money that is collected for them,just go ask the top brass of Oxfam living in his 10 bedroom abode in the Cotswolds...😣

Woolly Mammoth

Not that it matters, but who were these good causes, as one mans good cause is another mans unworthy cause.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: rogerpnowinFlorida on February 08, 2019, 12:58:57 AM
Robin Hood was apparently a good person.

So was Maid Marion I am to understand, but that's another story.

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 08, 2019, 06:57:59 AM
Not that it matters, but who were these good causes, as one mans good cause is another mans unworthy cause.

Not me I sent him a begging letter last year saying my shed's roof was leaking and I desperately needed £100,000 to repair it....He never even answered my letter,I don't know some people.😳

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 08, 2019, 07:05:26 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 08, 2019, 06:57:59 AM

Not me I sent him a begging letter last year saying my shed's roof was leaking and I desperately needed £100,000 to repair it....He never even answered my letter,I don't know some people.😳

I agree that's a poor show mince, but I think that £100k was spent on Boxing lessons for AK, and a Hospital Ward at Motspur Park for injured new signings.

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

Of course we are not familiar with the reasons for TK's generosity which may have been for any number of loosely philanthropically related reasons.  Personally speaking I would say the OP's message is presumptuous since he doesn't know a thing about TK's underlying nature and why should he?

nose returns

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 08, 2019, 06:53:02 AM
Lots of folk who don't have the wealth of the Khans give to charities, some pensioners getting ripped off by some of them,that its cost them their lives.
Only thing the wife and I donate to is local animal rescue centre,and not money either we take every so often food to them like lots of others do.
Charities never see half the money that is collected for them,just go ask the top brass of Oxfam living in his 10 bedroom abode in the Cotswolds...😣

You are on a very interesting feature of many of the big charities. how little actually gets through is a scandal. The money is lost on a gravy train at this end and often incompetence at the other.  if people knew how little arrived at where it was supposed to go they would often not donate.
And then there is the political aspect of the charities. they involve themselves in intefering in overseas countries politics, not because they want to do good but because of gravy train issues.
I could be wrong of course.

Animal rescue centers are a fine and worthwhile activity to support especially if you spend time and makke direct offerings of food, well done.  082.gif

nose returns

Nobody doubts he and his dad are fine people.
our concern is  his ability to do the job for which he has been entrusted.

Twig

What on earth is the relevance of the OP?  Many give to charity or actively get involved by volunteering. It is impossible to compare TK's alleged 8k donations with what other less (and in a few cases more) wealthy individuals contribute.
Furthermore it has zero bearing on his ability to fulfil the role of a Director of Football at which he is clearly not competent.

Southcoastffc

What a strange thread.  TK has done some good (well done say I). I have no idea why he has but he has.  Does it affect Fulham Football Club's on and off field performances? I don't think so.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Baszab

Just to put into perspective

Reuben brothers gave $100 million to a charitable trust in 2002 to help "life in the UK"

Jimsbeerbelly

Quote from: Andy S on February 08, 2019, 01:30:00 AM
What's all the fuss about? Three clubs are relegated every year. So why should we be exempt?

What an odd reply, to go with a very odd thread.

Woolly Mammoth

Seeing as you are his PR man and appear to be very close to TK, as you seem to know his personal financial arrangements, and as he is into good causes at the moment. He should reflect on another good cause, and if you have any influence, can you request him to contribute to another even more deserving cause by stepping down as Recruitment Dude and do the club a massive favour.
Now that is what I call a good cause.

Never forget your Roots.