watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Vietto

Started by BernieBoy, February 09, 2019, 12:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BernieBoy

He's not just good enough and I cannot accept him starting instead of Sessegnon, who is one of our own, homegrown and a bright prospect of English football. He will have a damn sight more passion than some lad on loan from another country.

We are going down... fact! Let's at least put some fight up and play the players who will help us next year and if Sessegnon leaves, at least give him game time to beef his price up! If he can't get into this side he's worth £50 not £50m!

Milo

Vietto picking up ball in lots of space. Positioning is very good. However drops too deep and not much end product. Personally I think he's not doing too bad and problems are at the back.

Would give the ball to Babel as much as possible as he's smart and retains possession well.

Denver Fulham

LOL a moderator removed my question as to why people constantly mention being not from England as a negative. The problem isn't my question, gentlemen.

WindyCity

Vietto has been HUGE disappointment.  Highly touted, WAY over rated.  Should have been 1 nil in first minute.  Just shows that he's not very good.  Been pretty poor for most of his appearances.

bahay18

he seems to try hard enough but he isn't up to the grade. should have at least tested the keeper with that chance in the first min . in the first half picks the ball up in acres in the middle of the pitch and just loses control and runs into jones . This has happened so many times this season. He had one on one with watford at home and just ran in it to the keeper and did the same at everton . Said it before , the players from last season ayite, kebano etc really wouldn't do any worse and deserve their chance after their efforts to get us promoted .

@jolslover

Quote from: Denver Fulham on February 09, 2019, 01:43:39 PM
LOL a moderator removed my question as to why people constantly mention being not from England as a negative. The problem isn't my question, gentlemen.

Spot on mate.
In response to this thread I rate Vietto to be honest. Can see why some don't. I personally think hes good. You could single out any of our defenders to make a thread about.
STH H3

bahay18

the decision making from our back four today was mind blowing.

Twig

Quote from: @jolslover on February 09, 2019, 03:22:07 PM
Quote from: Denver Fulham on February 09, 2019, 01:43:39 PM

Spot on mate.
In response to this thread I rate Vietto to be honest. Can see why some don't. I personally think hes good. You could single out any of our defenders to make a thread about.

Agree, nationality is irrelevant. 
That said I think Vietto constantly flatters to deceive.  Very limited end product.

Baszab

Just got home and haven't seen the replay
But unbelievable he didn't hit the target in the first minute
He's a professional footballer

filham

Vietto has been given a few chances and has looked very ordinary to me but then who in our team is outstanding apart from Metrovic.

Lyle from Hangeland

Vietto is more technically gifted than Ryan Sessegnon at this time. He's actually quicker than Ryan too.  Sessegnon has something special but what his best position is, I don't know. Rainieri sees this too, I think. He's actually not quite good for any one position, either LB or LW/IF -- he's something between the two.

Dodger53

Vietto is not good enough at anything at this level, like a lot of this squad, a poor loan aquisition. Another poor TK signing.

FFC1987

The simple reason why people mention English and home grown is 1) the home grown element means he's been with the club for the majority of his progressing career and its always good to see the fruits of the academies and of local kids and 2) the English part because, all clubs aspire to bring through young stars that play for their national side ie UK teams. There's more pride associated with a world cup star having come through the ranks at fulham and made it on the biggest stage going. This doesn't mean people want Vietto to do badly, or that, by rights he should start, but I think people around fulham get more of a buzz if Sess does well, than Vietto, a guy on loan, compared to the wonder kid from the academy. I don't see anything wrong with that.

snarks

Quote from: bahay18 on February 09, 2019, 03:30:55 PM
the decision making from our back four today was mind blowing.

Comes with playing a LCB at RCB to avoid giving S Sess a game.

Statto

He's a tidy all-rounder but on IMO on par with piazon, in other words championship standard. When will people realise that at least half if not more of La Liga is that standard. In the unlikely event we Can sign him for less than £3m he might be a tidy squad player next year but shouldn't be anywhere near the starting XI in an English PL team

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: FFC1987 on February 09, 2019, 05:19:53 PM
The simple reason why people mention English and home grown is 1) the home grown element means he's been with the club for the majority of his progressing career and its always good to see the fruits of the academies and of local kids and 2) the English part because, all clubs aspire to bring through young stars that play for their national side ie UK teams. There's more pride associated with a world cup star having come through the ranks at fulham and made it on the biggest stage going. This doesn't mean people want Vietto to do badly, or that, by rights he should start, but I think people around fulham get more of a buzz if Sess does well, than Vietto, a guy on loan, compared to the wonder kid from the academy. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Neither do I and well said, never forget your roots, and the more the merrier.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

@jolslover

Quote from: Statto on February 09, 2019, 05:42:16 PM
He's a tidy all-rounder but on IMO on par with piazon, in other words championship standard. When will people realise that at least half if not more of La Liga is that standard. In the unlikely event we Can sign him for less than £3m he might be a tidy squad player next year but shouldn't be anywhere near the starting XI in an English PL team

La liga is much better league than the Champ, It is a different ball game completely to English football in terms of physicality and pace which is why Spanish players can sometimes come over here and flop but technically the quality is much better in BBVA
STH H3

YankeeJim

The difference between Sess and Vietto is that Sess has an exquisite first touch. I don't doubt that Sess would have buried that first opportunity that Vietto had. Vietto may be the all around better player at the moment, I still think that Sess is the better option. The kid gives the effort  and is a fast learner. I'd start him ahead of either the German or Vietto.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.