Previous topic - Next topic

Ranieri out?

Ranieri out
220 (84.3%)
Keep Ranieri
41 (15.7%)

Total Members Voted: 261

SG

This was dire today. Lack of fight, structure and crazy selection. Schurrle, Vietto and Babel in the same team, so we are over run in midfield through their lack of work rate. Defence were appalling, with so many unenforced errors.
I would sack him now, not pick any of the overseas loan players, Rico aside and plan for next season in the championship with the players who will be here next season and look to rebuild team spirit

Milo

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 09, 2019, 06:55:09 PM
Gone if we lose next game according talksport radio,they agree he's lost plot..
Wonder if there's betting on it?

9/1

Tempting! But he won't sack two managers in one season again! Surely..

Luka

Quote from: ScalleysDad on February 09, 2019, 04:25:37 PM
A fair few 'bring back Joka' mentions across the piece, predictable I suppose, but back at the time of his demise were we not equally abysmal, were the threads not full of words like disgrace, woeful, and pathetic and most importantly were there not rumblings of discontent from the changing rooms and Motspur Park?
A couple of his coaching team left early in the season along with Stuart Gray virtually pre season so it was not like we made the usual wholesale changes that usually accompany the frontmans demise so it would seem the changes were focussed on JOka himself. Anyway that's all history now. Should we not move on........ again.
I think the Slavisa out call back then was because it was genuinely believed the squad were good enough and so it was a manager problem.
Now I think it's been recognised it's actually the squad that are not good enough and that Slavisa was not the problem.
Now we have an inept squad with an inept manager an inept recruitment team and are going to be  relegated.

davew

Odds won't be very good Mince, currently he is 8/1 (4th favourite) to be the next PL manager to be sacked, shorter odds on Everton (13/8), Leicester (4/1) and Chelsea (6/1) managers. Ranieri could be a good bet!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Quote from: Milo on February 09, 2019, 07:01:32 PM

9/1

I hope we do!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

ScalleysDad

9/1

Yup that would be really, really stupid. Ineptitude of the first order showing a complete lack of thought and planning.

I do not gamble but it's worth a bet is'nt it.

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: SG on February 09, 2019, 06:56:31 PM
This was dire today. Lack of fight, structure and crazy selection. Schurrle, Vietto and Babel in the same team, so we are over run in midfield through their lack of work rate. Defence were appalling, with so many unenforced errors.
I would sack him now, not pick any of the overseas loan players, Rico aside and plan for next season in the championship with the players who will be here next season and look to rebuild team spirit

Agree 100%

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Luka on February 09, 2019, 07:04:40 PM
Quote from: ScalleysDad on February 09, 2019, 04:25:37 PM
A fair few 'bring back Joka' mentions across the piece, predictable I suppose, but back at the time of his demise were we not equally abysmal, were the threads not full of words like disgrace, woeful, and pathetic and most importantly were there not rumblings of discontent from the changing rooms and Motspur Park?
A couple of his coaching team left early in the season along with Stuart Gray virtually pre season so it was not like we made the usual wholesale changes that usually accompany the frontmans demise so it would seem the changes were focussed on JOka himself. Anyway that's all history now. Should we not move on........ again.
I think the Slavisa out call back then was because it was genuinely believed the squad were good enough and so it was a manager problem.
Now I think it's been recognised it's actually the squad that are not good enough and that Slavisa was not the problem.
Now we have an inept squad with an inept manager an inept recruitment team and are going to be  relegated.

Yes I suppose a few months on we would not be expecting the word inept to be thrown about so much and with so little progress in team development this rabble might not have been a success under anybody. However I still believe there were more add ons with Joka's dismissal that we will learn about when the book is published.

Matt10

Even if our players are not the highest of quality, the issue I have is a manager that talks to the press about his players in a negative fashion, especially the captain. Team morale is vital. It's one thing to talk to the press, and say he's not good about things, then to actually follow through and bench him makes it "more than words".

See how often Vietto passes to Cairney when he's come on, almost instantly. Ranieri seems to want to be right, versus wants the players to be happy. It's as clear as day.

I backed him in a tactical standpoint of understanding what decisions he's made. However, when he starts talking about "soldiers" are needed, that branches into the psychology of player and team dynamics. Nothing to do with tactics, and everything to do with personnel. He failed at that. He failed to lift up the team, the crowd and that is what is inexcusable for me.

New Kid on the Block

Cardiff's 'success' in this league, proves that it's all about motivation and team spirit. Virtually everyone agrees that their style of football is not good to watch, and none of their players are that great, to be fair. But each one of them would run through a brick wall for each other, and Colin instils in them the belief that they can beat anyone on their day. And they do. Says it all, really.

LittleErn

Quote from: Hoppus on February 09, 2019, 02:21:39 PM
Even the best manager in the world would have serious trouble with our defence.
MLM, Odoi, Ream, Bryan. PL quality???

+1

LittleErn

Quote from: bahay18 on February 09, 2019, 03:26:00 PM
He leaves out players like cairney and sess because they aren't aggressive enough and replaces them with vietto and schurrle . Schurrle's kit looked cleaner than the start of the game when he went off . If he thinks he is too good and wants to leave at the end of season , I'm free this week i can drive him to the airport and i won't even ask for the petrol money.

Ranieri , trying to be clever isn't working. The reason the brighton came turned round was cairney getting on the ball and actually passing to a player in a white shirt . He made himself available for seri so he could pass first time and not get caught because he has no one to pass to. The passes into Mitro were then from 15 or 20 yards so he could actually get on the ball and not launched from 70 yards away.

Ranieri i think your time is up .
+1

bobbo

I find it very embarrassing to be changing the manager so often . But decisions results and performances have proved he's not for us. Mind you quite a few players fit that bill too.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Nero

Hes making Warnock look like a tactical genius

Twig

Quote from: Matt10 on February 09, 2019, 07:31:11 PM
Even if our players are not the highest of quality, the issue I have is a manager that talks to the press about his players in a negative fashion, especially the captain. Team morale is vital. It's one thing to talk to the press, and say he's not good about things, then to actually follow through and bench him makes it "more than words".

See how often Vietto passes to Cairney when he's come on, almost instantly. Ranieri seems to want to be right, versus wants the players to be happy. It's as clear as day.

I backed him in a tactical standpoint of understanding what decisions he's made. However, when he starts talking about "soldiers" are needed, that branches into the psychology of player and team dynamics. Nothing to do with tactics, and everything to do with personnel. He failed at that. He failed to lift up the team, the crowd and that is what is inexcusable for me.

I agree with you Matt and his latest public assertion that Sess is not fit enough is absolutely mind boggling.

Enfield

How on earth can anyone have voted to keep him !!!!

One Martin Thomas

9/1

We've done it before ...

The Rock

Really surprised. Wish we had SJ but CR is fine. No one can save this team.

Spirit of 2000

151 out and 22 in is quite a distinct demonstration of fans feelings towards Ranieri and his tenure. Add to that the loud rendition of "you don't know what you're doing" after the substitution.

filham

I usualy support our manager right up to the end, I honestly felt that Kit should have been given longer.

Ranieri however is proving a disaster and is not in agreement with our captain, he has to leave.
The only excuse he has is to ask where is his much needed right back and centre back.