Main Menu

Anguissa - Worst signing in history?

Started by Aaron, February 15, 2019, 11:56:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skatzoffc

Quote from: F(f)CUK on February 16, 2019, 12:02:33 AM
You could get 2 Marlets for 1 Anguissa

Yes but they'd both be dreadful.

Anguissa has more talent in his big toe than Marlet.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

filham

Quote from: Skatzoffc on February 17, 2019, 07:58:04 PM
Quote from: F(f)CUK on February 16, 2019, 12:02:33 AM
You could get 2 Marlets for 1 Anguissa

Yes but they'd both be dreadful.

Anguissa has more talent in his big toe than Marlet.

Perhaps a toe transplant should be considered before Anguissa leaves us.

Woolly Mammoth

A very expensive mistake, and he is 23 not 17, so not a youngster.
Never been match fit from his first kick of a football in England, and he is incompatible with our football.
The fact that Marseilles were dancing in the streets minutes after completing the deal to sell him to Fulham tells the real story.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

FulhamStu

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 17, 2019, 10:38:26 PM
Never been match fit from his first kick of a football in England, and he is incompatible with our football.
The fact that Marseilles were dancing in the streets minutes after completing the deal to sell him to Fulham tells the real story.

What a load of crap.   23 is young, of course it is, especially for a player who has never lived in this country, speaks a different language and is from a completely different culture.

Fans dancing in the streets ?   Really...were you there ?   A few French folk on twitter and you are totally hooked into another negative.

Your posts are becoming increasingly unbalanced and paranoid.  I used to enjoy your stuff but think you are now becoming so anti club it's unhealthy.    Sorry mate, by all means have a go back which I am sure you will however I really fear to many are all just pulling in the wrong direction.

ALG01

I agree. What the Marseilles fans said in very many posts and tweets was how talented the young man is but how lacking  in his ability to blend as a team player. Their posts also made much of the over inflated  price we paid and how they got the better of the deal. For me, Anguisa is a poor signing, to expensive, to unfit and to lacking in his contribution to the team.

I hope, when he is fully fit he may manage to be a bit more effective.

Woolly Mammoth

FulhamStu
How dare you say it's crap, just because you disagree. Then why be stupid enough to buy a player that cannot speak English from a different culture and has never lived in this country, and cost the Kings Ransom he has cost, how daft is that, on that basis you are the one who is talking crap.
As for you missing them dancing in the streets, were you there to say they werent.
I am being realistic, you are in denial.
You don't have to say sorry, you are entitled to your views but so am I.
The reason why there seems to be a divide on this board at times and has turned some of the threads on here a little toxic, is because of mainly one poor little rich boy.
So my advice is to vent your anger at him not little old me.
If you feel myself or many others have become more critical than yourself over the current issues at Fulham on and off the pitch, it is because we care and are passionate and hate to see Fulham in this state, I get no pleasure from it.
When somebody hangs a rat under my nose, I will smell it, and the Recruitment dudes and their leader have done exactly that.
In other words when they have peed on my back and tell me it's raining, then I know my suspicions are founded.
So relax I am not your enemy, so please do not treat me like I am.

Never forget your Roots.

MikeTheCubed

Ibrahima Cissé is only 24 and has looked better than Anguissa in his limited appearances.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: MikeTheCubed on February 17, 2019, 11:38:18 PM
Ibrahima Cissé is only 24 and has looked better than Anguissa in his limited appearances.

I can agree with you there, and I do not think he cost quite as much either.

Never forget your Roots.

MikeTheCubed

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 17, 2019, 11:41:47 PM
Quote from: MikeTheCubed on February 17, 2019, 11:38:18 PM

I can agree with you there, and I do not think he cost quite as much either.

You can get 12 Ibrahima Cissés for the price of an Anguissa!

AnOldBrownie

Maybe he's just a bad fit to play beside Seri.   

Give Anguissa one more season to come good.

the nutflush

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on February 18, 2019, 01:11:17 AM
Maybe he's just a bad fit to play beside Seri.   

Give Anguissa one more season to come good.

And by then we will be planning for life in League 1.

Twig

Quote from: FulhamStu on February 17, 2019, 10:57:31 PM

What a load of crap.   23 is young, of course it is, especially for a player who has never lived in this country, speaks a different language and is from a completely different culture.

Fans dancing in the streets ?   Really...were you there ?   A few French folk on twitter and you are totally hooked into another negative.

Your posts are becoming increasingly unbalanced and paranoid.  I used to enjoy your stuff but think you are now becoming so anti club it's unhealthy.    Sorry mate, by all means have a go back which I am sure you will however I really fear to many are all just pulling in the wrong direction.

Really that was uncalled for. If you disagree fine but say so reasonably. As a matter of fact I was going to say that 23 is not all that young. Sess has been questioned by some on here because he has not fully adapted to the Prem and how old is he? By comparison Zambo is mature.

FulhamStu

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 17, 2019, 11:18:06 PM
FulhamStu
How dare you say it's crap, just because you disagree. Then why be stupid enough to buy a player that cannot speak English from a different culture and has never lived in this country, and cost the Kings Ransom he has cost, how daft is that, on that basis you are the one who is talking crap.
As for you missing them dancing in the streets, were you there to say they werent.
The reason why there seems to be a divide on this board at times and has turned some of the threads on here a little toxic, is because of mainly one poor little rich boy.
If you feel myself or many others have become more critical than yourself over the current issues at Fulham on and off the pitch, it is because we care and are passionate and hate to see Fulham in this state, I get no pleasure from it.
When somebody hangs a rat under my nose, I will smell it, and the Recruitment dudes and their leader have done exactly that.
In other words when they have peed on my back and tell me it's raining, then I know my suspicions are founded.

I love your passion and know you are very devoted to our football club as many of us on here are.  I just get a bit fed up with so many, so over the top posts these days.  My term crap is not that heavy mate, I would tell you your talking crap to your face..I could say things a lot more aggressively I can assure you.

Now as for Mr Anguissa, I totally agree it was a stupid signing, not because Frank is crap, but because our prime needs lay elsewhere, namely the defence.  Spending big on 2 centre halves was far more important, especially as the one we did buy was flipping injured.  I suspect there is a good player in
Anguissa but we needed players to hit the ground running etc etc, Anguissa could be a good long term investment but that was not what we needed.  So 100% understand and agree the criticism, but not the over the top way it's often presented.

As for Tony Khan, I could not care less if he is Daddy's boy or not.  I just want him to be better at his job or my preference as I have posted many times, bring in someone who really knows what they are doing to work alongside him.  The fact that Daddy owns the club and gives his son a roll he would never have got on his own is just the unfair way of the world.  You and I can see people getting preferential treatment because of where they have come from every day, in all walks of life.  It's fine to not like this, buts it's the way it is.  In my view there is little to be gained by people like us getting too upset about it.  That's just me.

colinwhite

23 is regarded in football as a young player,not a prospect but nevertheless young .

SG

Quote from: FulhamStu on February 18, 2019, 08:22:55 AM
FulhamStu

I love your passion and know you are very devoted to our football club as many of us on here are.  I just get a bit fed up with so many, so over the top posts these days.  My term crap is not that heavy mate, I would tell you your talking crap to your face..I could say things a lot more aggressively I can assure you.

Now as for Mr Anguissa, I totally agree it was a stupid signing, not because Frank is crap, but because our prime needs lay elsewhere, namely the defence.  Spending big on 2 centre halves was far more important, especially as the one we did buy was flipping injured.  I suspect there is a good player in
Anguissa but we needed players to hit the ground running etc etc, Anguissa could be a good long term investment but that was not what we needed.  So 100% understand and agree the criticism, but not the over the top way it's often presented.

As for Tony Khan, I could not care less if he is Daddy's boy or not.  I just want him to be better at his job or my preference as I have posted many times, bring in someone who really knows what they are doing to work alongside him.  The fact that Daddy owns the club and gives his son a roll he would never have got on his own is just the unfair way of the world.  You and I can see people getting preferential treatment because of where they have come from every day, in all walks of life.  It's fine to not like this, buts it's the way it is.  In my view there is little to be gained by people like us getting too upset about it.  That's just me.

And me too - nothing we can do about it so until somebody recognises their mistake we are stuck with it.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Barrett487 on February 17, 2019, 12:10:41 PM
Wouldn't it be so Fulhamish if we offload him cut-price, only for him to come good being used differently for another team?

I can see it happening.... sell him for £5 mill to someone like Stoke, only for him to dominate the Championship next year and score his first ever goals against us (i'm not counting the 2 he scored for Cameroon).

Yes, FoF seem to talk like Tony Khan is the dumbiest DOF in the "history of football", but somewhere in SW6 there are Chelsea DOFs that sold Kevin De Bruyne for £19.80m in 2014 and Mohamed Salah for £13.50m in 2016.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: FulhamStu on February 18, 2019, 08:22:55 AM
FulhamStu

If you are so fed up with my so called over the top posts, don't read them if it upsets you, because I would not want anything I say to upset you,  and I can assure you, you would not be saying anything aggressively to my face, for a start you would need a step ladder, and the first thing you would want to do if you saw me, is cuddle me and offer to buy me a large 🍺 pint.
I shall continue to voice my opinion, whether you think it's over the top or not.
So my advice is for what it's worth is to leave it at that and remain good Fulham Supporters.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: colinwhite on February 18, 2019, 09:32:49 AM
23 is regarded in football as a young player,not a prospect but nevertheless young .

Not any more I hasten to add, especially after seeing him play.
He couldn't trap a bag of cement. 

Never forget your Roots.

Two Ton Ted

Any thread that contains the words "Fulham FC" and "Worst Ever Signing", but does not include the words "Mark Cooper" is not taking the subject seriously enough.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

MJG

Quote from: Two Ton Ted on February 18, 2019, 05:02:18 PM
Any thread that contains the words "Fulham FC" and "Worst Ever Signing", but does not include the words "Mark Cooper" is not taking the subject seriously enough.
this
Just the views of a long term fan