Quote from: HillingdonFFC on February 18, 2019, 06:44:36 PM
Quote from: Steven Ageroad on February 17, 2019, 06:00:15 PM
Quote from: MJG on February 17, 2019, 12:51:25 PM
Quote from: Steven Ageroad on February 17, 2019, 12:11:54 PM
Quote from: Sir Alec of good Stock on February 16, 2019, 09:18:13 PM
Lee Johnson

+1
why?

Could you tell what kind of style he likes his teams to play?

A winning style, at the moment.

Heard a Bristol City supporting sports journalist on the radio last week, his name escapes me. He said theyre playing some great football & Johnson has done a brilliant job after losing their 3 best players

Lee Johnson for me, I wouldn't touch AVB with a barge pole, the mans toxic.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: hovewhite on February 18, 2019, 05:32:43 PM
Slavisa.(don't think he'd come back however)
Beg his forgiveness and get him in on a long, lucrative deal!
The owners would need to lett him have a bigger say in player ins and outs as they will trying to attract anyone.
Other than that get back the other best footballing manager we have seen (as someone has suggested)....
Jean Tigana!

Luka

If OGS doesn't get the United gigg, he might fancy a stint in the capital.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Southcoastffc on February 16, 2019, 04:04:35 PM
Who, of currently unemployed candidates would be on your short list of, say, 3?  Assume Joka won't be. In no particular order I'd have David Moyes, Andre Villas-Boas and Giovanni van Bronckhorst .  (GVB not unemployed at the moment but has apparently said he's leaving Feyenoord this year)

Please explain what management/tactical characteristics of David Moyes would make you want him as Fulham's manager.

Hell...I'd triple Joka's salary and beg him to come back before I'd even consider Moyes.

jarv

:Get Coat gif: 064.gif 049:gif  ok, forgive me for being a Moyes promoter. I agree with the rest of you now.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on February 18, 2019, 09:44:06 PM
Who, of currently unemployed candidates would be on your short list of, say, 3?  Assume Joka won't be. In no particular order I'd have David Moyes, Andre Villas-Boas and Giovanni van Bronckhorst .  (GVB not unemployed at the moment but has apparently said he's leaving Feyenoord this year)

Please explain what management/tactical characteristics of David Moyes would make you want him as Fulham's manager.

Hell...I'd triple Joka's salary and beg him to come back before I'd even consider Moyes.
As said above, IMO he'd be a worthy but uninspiring appointment. But with over 900 games as a manager and a win rate of 42%, he'd be in with a shout.    Perhaps you'd please explain what management/tactical characteristics of David Moyes would not make you consider as Fulham's manager?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Southcoastffc on February 18, 2019, 10:09:57 PM

As said above, IMO he'd be a worthy but uninspiring appointment. But with over 900 games as a manager and a win rate of 42%, he'd be in with a shout.    Perhaps you'd please explain what management/tactical characteristics of David Moyes would not make you consider as Fulham's manager?

He's a reactive manager.   He reacts to the strengths of the opposition instead of developing a team identity and running with it.

Slav, on the other hand...even though he lacks Moyes experience, he has an identity.   His teams have a style of play that Slav wants to implement.

Whomever comes into fill Claudio's shoes in the Championship, I hope will have a distinct identity for the teams style of play and will make the other teams adjust to playing us.  Not the other way around.

imo.

Milo

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on February 18, 2019, 11:10:44 PM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on February 18, 2019, 10:09:57 PM

He's a reactive manager.   He reacts to the strengths of the opposition instead of developing a team identity and running with it.

Slav, on the other hand...even though he lacks Moyes experience, he has an identity.   His teams have a style of play that Slav wants to implement.

Whomever comes into fill Claudio's shoes in the Championship, I hope will have a distinct identity for the teams style of play and will make the other teams adjust to playing us.  Not the other way around.

imo.

Loved the game V QPR last year when they worked out the high press got us in an almighty mess!

Just remember Betts passing to Ream and Odoi who were practically pegged back into their own corner flags!