Main Menu

The more I watch Rico the more I see why we are so poor at the back

Started by Baszab, February 22, 2019, 09:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mitch

Quote from: fulhamfever on February 22, 2019, 09:18:32 PM
Fabri was not given a fair chance

Steady on.

Rico is a good shot stopper, but lacks in command of his area. Fabri wasn't really good at anything. Betts more commanding, but not as good a stopper as Rico.

Of the three Rico is the best, but he's also in poor form. We will always notice that more from a keeper than another position.

Mitch

Quote from: MikeW on February 22, 2019, 09:59:49 PM
At one point we Bryan marking Diop and the keeper being clearly distracted (and fouling) Hernandez.  Why didn't we put a defender between keeper and Hernandez to relieve the pressure? Sunday League stuff!

+1 We don't react do we? If we're badly set up from the start, we're done.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Mitch on February 23, 2019, 02:11:20 PM

Steady on.

Rico is a good shot stopper, but lacks in command of his area. Fabri wasn't really good at anything. Betts more commanding, but not as good a stopper as Rico.

Of the three Rico is the best, but he's also in poor form. We will always notice that more from a keeper than another position.

Great analysis on Fabri from 2 games 🙄

RaySmith

Earlier in the game I'd turned to the bloke next to me, and said he should have caught it, when he flapped and weakly punched at a cross, and nearly cost us.

His errors have cost us crucial goals, though his shot stopping and reflexes have also saved us at times. Unconvinced that he's better than Betts though.

Another very frustrating game, again - when we looked as if we could and should have got something,  but wre undone  by defensive errors, and failing to take the few chances we created.

I noticed, and wondered if it was significant, that the players all came over to clap the fans, though we were already heading down the steps to the exits - those who still remained at the end -- I've never seen so many Fulham fans leave early at an away game.

Mitch

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on February 23, 2019, 02:34:41 PM
Quote from: Mitch on February 23, 2019, 02:11:20 PM

Steady on.

Great analysis on Fabri from 2 games [emoji849]
He was poor pre season too. It wasn't just 2 games.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk