watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rico was appalling tonight

Started by Spirit of 2000, February 22, 2019, 10:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karlos

Time to give Fabri a go, Rico is going at the end of the season anyway and if Fabri does ok may help us sell him on.

Southcoastffc

We didn't lose the game just because of Rico.   Even given the handball, it was an overall abject performance, players and coaching staff included.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Mince n Tatties

Odoi was dreadful again,letting Anderson run at him and cutting inside all the time,letting him get it on his best foot for a cross.
At one stage him and Ream were ball watching like they were kids looking at a plane in the sky...League 1 defenders could have done better.

bog

Had Rico swapped to trainers for their 2nd goal?  :doh:

092.gif

grandad

I noticed that the cheating scumbag Hernandes stood right in front of Rico at corners, thus preventing him from coming off his line. This should have been spotted & put one of our own players there who could give Rico more space. If I saw this problem why did the coaching staff do something about it. They had 12 corners & we failed to do anything about it for every one.
Where there's a will there's a wife

HV71

Their 3rd goal was the one that , for me , typified our defensive failings. The cross is allowed to come in  , Antonio is on his own ( yet we have abundant defenders in the box ) and he manages to score with an accurate , but weak header from beyond the penalty spot!!

Pathetic defending all round

Milo

Quote from: grandad on February 23, 2019, 09:10:56 AM
I noticed that the cheating scumbag Hernandes stood right in front of Rico at corners, thus preventing him from coming off his line. This should have been spotted & put one of our own players there who could give Rico more space. If I saw this problem why did the coaching staff do something about it. They had 12 corners & we failed to do anything about it for every one.

Interesting analysis from G Neville that V D Sar and Schmeichal used to want a defender alongside/in between the man who stands on the keeper... yet Rico had no one. Neville suggested that meant Rico's mind was completely on Hernandez rather than the ball.. instead of letting a defender take responsibility.

filham

Rico is a god shot stopper but quite hopeless at dealing with crosses, he also has a nasty habit of punching balls that shpuld be caught.

These strengths and weaknesses were well demonstrated time and again last night. West Ham were aware of the weaknesses and may of there crosses were within a good keepers reach.

A shame Betts is injured, he could be proving himself as a premier league keeper.

hovewhite

Honestly think if fit Betts would be a better keeper as Rico I haven't seen him catch a cross at all.