watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Clause in Claudio Ranieri's Contract

Started by chrisburt13, February 25, 2019, 10:06:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisburt13

This is just a theory, so bare with me - but what if the reason Ranieri hasn't been sacked yet is because there's a clause in his contract that he goes with no pay off if we're relegated?

It would just seem to make sense as clearly we haven't improved under Ranieri, so letting him go for nothing when it's confirmed may make more sense than paying out the remainder of his contract.

hovewhite

ALG01

Then pay him and have one last try to survive no matter how unlikely.

If they can throw away £100M on third rate players they can afford to pay off the Italian.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: chrisburt13 on February 25, 2019, 10:06:58 AM
This is just a theory, so bare with me - but what if the reason Ranieri hasn't been sacked yet is because there's a clause in his contract that he goes with no pay off if we're relegated?

It would just seem to make sense as clearly we haven't improved under Ranieri, so letting him go for nothing when it's confirmed may make more sense than paying out the remainder of his contract.

Given he has mentioned being around next season even if we're relegated, that is probably not the case.

ToodlesMcToot

Always thought that "I want to stay, even if we are relegated." statement was him saying that he has a  contract and he's not going to give up on money he's due by resigning. If we want him gone, we'll be paying for his exit.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

hovewhite

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on February 25, 2019, 02:36:06 PM
Always thought that "I want to stay, even if we are relegated." statement was him saying that he has a  contract and he's not going to give up on money he's due by resigning. If we want him gone, we'll be paying for his exit.
he might be what the Khan's want a yes man,a itillian 🐩!!