https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Gone, Parker Appointed Caretaker Manager

Started by ALG01, February 28, 2019, 04:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFCpmd

Quote from: Neil D on February 28, 2019, 04:57:08 PM
Quote from: Two Ton Ted on February 28, 2019, 04:52:59 PM
I wish him well, but with the squad he's got the outcome isn't going to be any different.
Sadly true but maybe they'll go down with a bit more self-respect?  Interesting to see if he starts to build with next season in mind - more opportunities for the ones who will still be with the club, marginalising the loanees and the relegation-clause merchants...

...and maybe give some of the club's youngsters a run-out?

Kentish Gent

It's crystal clear that Ranieri was presiding over a demotivated and dysfunctional team - the way it was shaping the team wouldn't have won a single point for the rest of the season. At least SP might bring some fight and determination. Give the guy a chance!

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: David I on February 28, 2019, 05:01:11 PM
The puppeteers have appointed their yes man..We are proper fu££3D!!

Little coaching experience and no managerial experience.... what can go wrong!??

He's caretaker because we obviously havent got anyone lined up....Someone has to take charge.

FulForce

♫♫We can see clearly now Ranieri's gone♫♫
♫♫We can see all obstacles in our way...♫♫

MikeCdawg

Quote from: Asotosyios on February 28, 2019, 04:56:02 PM
Quote from: bobby01 on February 28, 2019, 04:52:37 PM
Have I got it wrong or is their a dig at Slav there as well.

I thought the same thing.

Possibly. But if he'd any sense it was a dig at his son. Get rid

Mince n Tatties

Neil D

Quote from: FFCpmd on February 28, 2019, 05:02:08 PM
Quote from: Neil D on February 28, 2019, 04:57:08 PM
Quote from: Two Ton Ted on February 28, 2019, 04:52:59 PM
I wish him well, but with the squad he's got the outcome isn't going to be any different.
Sadly true but maybe they'll go down with a bit more self-respect?  Interesting to see if he starts to build with next season in mind - more opportunities for the ones who will still be with the club, marginalising the loanees and the relegation-clause merchants...

...and maybe give some of the club's youngsters a run-out?
That's what I was suggesting.  Mind you, I'd still find a place for Mitro, even though he will be gone.   

FulhamStu

Parker needs to be given our support.  He did not pick the teams, he did not direct the tactics.  He coached what he was told to coach by 2 completely different tacticians.  Parker will have learned good and bad from Slav and Ranieri and has a huge amount of experience as a player at the top level.  Will he be any good, I don't know.    I am much happier about his appointment as caretaker manager than as a very highly payed over the top player and will give him a chance.  He certainly has an almost impossible start game wise, then again expectations will be very low so less pressure on him and the players.

john dempsey

if he is caretaker what is he doing in a tracksuit
surely he should have a brown overall and a broom.

The Enclosurite

I was hoping it was a dig at Tony. 
¡COYW!

Lewes White

Good luck Scotty you may need it, it was Scott who suggested that Chambers changed position, so let's see what other changes he makes...!!!!

Statto

Quote from: The Enclosurite on February 28, 2019, 05:17:04 PM

I would like to think so but it sounds like wishful thinking

It is either very very good (acknowledgement of his son's failings) or very very bad (distancing us from jokanovic, the only thing to have gone right in the last 6 years and arguably the best person to save us)

JoelH5

Still think it's irrelevant unless we change the recruitment policy
I was there, standing in the Putney end

SG

chrisburt13

Quote from: Statto on February 28, 2019, 05:19:37 PM
Quote from: The Enclosurite on February 28, 2019, 05:17:04 PM

I would like to think so but it sounds like wishful thinking

It is either very very good (acknowledgement of his son's failings) or very very bad (distancing us from jokanovic, the only thing to have gone right in the last 6 years and arguably the best person to save us)

Could be a dig at both of them? I guess we'll find out in the summer, should the recruitment policy change.

Twig

At least it provides a chance to clear the air.  Potentially re-engage TC, Sess et al.  Great news.

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: JoelH5 on February 28, 2019, 05:20:30 PM
Still think it's irrelevant unless we change the recruitment policy

0001.jpeg   The King is dead long Live the temporary King.......hasn't got the same ring to it has it!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Woolly Mammoth

He has to start somewhere, and let's face it, so far this season we have been mediocre under two other well respected Managers, so there is nothing to lose, and maybe just maybe something to gain.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

win-dup

Depends what the players feel towards Parker. If they like and respect him perhaps they'll put in more effort so we can at least get relegated with some grace.

Twig

Quote from: HV71 on February 28, 2019, 04:57:00 PM
" but be assured he is not solely to blame for the position we are in today"

So who else is? Any candidates come to mind ?Any sanctions to be taken against them ? Any change in policy  and modus operandi ?

Do please tell

Tony Khan!