watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Good Luck to Scott Parker

Started by The Swan, March 01, 2019, 07:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

Good luck to Scott Parker as he sets out to try and save Fulham from Relegation.

Ten games to play and hopefully gain enough points to save us from the drop.
The Swan

gurru991

I just watched an Interview with Scott Parker & am totally impressed.. Classy Guy.
I wish him lots of Luck.

The Enclosurite

Wasn't overly excited by the prospect of Parker when it was being discussed over the past few months, however, Claudio had to go and so it makes sense that he comes in now on a caretaker basis.  Although not mathematically relegated, we have to be prepared for it.

After hearing him talking and reading the glowing references that have been given for him I am starting to warm to him.  It's says something as well when you look at the training pictures and you see the players smiling again.

Not that he is probably bothered but he has my support until the end of the season.  I don't expect him to save us from relegation but I'd like him to put a smile on the supporters faces once again too.  I think that's least we can ask for.

As for Tony Khan...
¡COYW!

The old mucker

He has nothing to lose hopefully the new manager bounce lasts for ten games!

filham

Quote from: The old mucker on March 01, 2019, 08:04:26 PM
Parker has taken on an impossible task and for that alone he deserves our gratitude. No way can we expect him to save us from relegation, the best he can give us is a few good performances where we are at least in contention in the match.
Good luck Scotty.

davew

Quote from: filham on March 01, 2019, 09:02:00 PM
Quote from: The old mucker on March 01, 2019, 08:04:26 PM
Parker has taken on an impossible task and for that alone he deserves our gratitude. No way can we expect him to save us from relegation, the best he can give us is a few good performances where we are at least in contention in the match.
Good luck Scotty.
I too wish him good luck, yes given an impossible task but a nice pay increase also, but what has he offered in his previous role, wasn't he helping as a defensive coach, if so that really worked wonders didn't it!! I will say that SP is a true professional but this will be another patch up answer by the Khans to a problem they don't really understand, they can create it but not fix it!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

ALG01

you of little faith...
It is not impossible there are 30 ppints to play for and that makes a total for the season of 47 which would be quite a good finish.
However, it is improbable, I choose to now believe.

F(f)CUK

Quote from: gurru991 on March 01, 2019, 07:52:36 PM
I just watched an Interview with Scott Parker & am totally impressed.. Classy Guy.
I wish him lots of Luck.
I just watched it as well. I could understand what he said!!!

milis

Good luck Scott! I believe in miracles.  :clap_hands:

Woolly Mammoth

Scott is a professional, and I feel we are in good hands while he is at the wheel.
Let us remember before anyone starts jumping down his throat if things do not go well at the start.
Have you seen the fixture list coming up.
But I reckon he will do just as good as the next man under the current circumstances, and he has Fulham already in his blood.
So he is no stranger to the set up.
So it may be better to save our conclusions as whether he is an improvement further down the line.
Because he has to pick up the pieces, and it's no easy task.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Riversider

Good luck to him, we all want to see our team do well, but ! I will be mightily disappointed if the search for our next manager hasn't started in earnest behind the scenes,
Let's not forget Parker was pretty much hated as a Fulham player, with his continuous pointless little turns,
And how about his coaching skills ? It's fair to say that the level of coaching dipped when he took over from Stuart Gray , so much so in fact that the club have realised their mistake and brought Gray back to replace him !
No problem with Parker doing the job until the end of the season as long as he goes in the summer.

filham

Quote from: Riversider on March 02, 2019, 12:10:10 PM
Good luck to him, we all want to see our team do well, but ! I will be mightily disappointed if the search for our next manager hasn't started in earnest behind the scenes,
Let's not forget Parker was pretty much hated as a Fulham player, with his continuous pointless little turns,
And how about his coaching skills ? It's fair to say that the level of coaching dipped when he took over from Stuart Gray , so much so in fact that the club have realised their mistake and brought Gray back to replace him !
No problem with Parker doing the job until the end of the season as long as he goes in the summer.
Would it not be sensible to make the decision after the next ten matches, as to whether or not Parker leaves at the end of the season, rather than now. 

hovewhite

Feel he is quite brave with us in this position because if results don't pick up that in modern football taint his reputation in the game.
Thank you Scott for stepping up and good luck.coyw

Robbie

The probability of us staying up is 5%.

The point for me with SP is to build a foundation for next season and the season after.
See if we can get a few wins, sort out which players and coaches we want to keep.

Look forward to building in the Championship.

FulForce

If anyone can Super Scotty can!

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: gurru991 on March 01, 2019, 07:52:36 PM
I wish him lots of Luck.
Parker for Fulham could be like lampard for Derby. Let's get behind the new Man

Delboy

In the interviews I've seen, Scotty is making all the right noises. Passion, commit to the cause and leave nothing on the pitch. If the fans get this from our team we will be behind them. Too many games this season have seen some players going through the motions. Come on Scotty, 100% required. COYW.

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Delboy on March 02, 2019, 01:07:59 PM
In the interviews I've seen, Scotty is making all the right noises. Passion, commit to the cause and leave nothing on the pitch. If the fans get this from our team we will be behind them. Too many games this season have seen some players going through the motions. Come on Scotty, 100% required. COYW.

Leave everything on the pitch hopefully Delboy

Bracken White

Think we should congratulate SP on the speedy appointment of Stuart Gray. Thought he had short shrift from us being dismissed in the summer & all credit to him agreeing to return. A wise & canny football man who has a proven coaching pedigree.
Hoping the Parker/Gray partnership is a successful one & gives us something to be cheer about.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique