https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Odoi(He did it again)

Started by Mince n Tatties, March 03, 2019, 05:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snarks

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on March 03, 2019, 07:23:58 PM
Quote from: Twig on March 03, 2019, 07:02:18 PM
Why do we have a "blame" thread today? For god's sake let's acknowledge a hugely improved performance.  The armchair fans can dissect everything but i'm Sure that everyone who was there left with some pride and faith restored.
[/quot

Give it a rest,your quick to blame other players for their faults,and I believe it was his fault the second goal.
I'm at the game not armchair OK.

That's just it though, it came from a pass not the winger coming inside and scoring, find it hard to blame the defender when the pass is square or indeed slightly backwards and in to the middle

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: snarks on March 03, 2019, 07:31:28 PM
Why do we have a "blame" thread today? For god's sake let's acknowledge a hugely improved performance.  The armchair fans can dissect everything but i'm Sure that everyone who was there left with some pride and faith restored.
[/quot

Give it a rest,your quick to blame other players for their faults,and I believe it was his fault the second goal.

That's just it though, it came from a pass not the winger coming inside and scoring, find it hard to blame the defender when the pass is square or indeed slightly backwards and in to the middle

Well Lineker has just said on line and agreed with me it was schoolboy defending by Odoi.
Think he might know little more than you.

snarks

As several people replied he had to cover the overlap too, kinkier does know more than me but it doesn't always make him right

SG

Our view was that he kept showing him inside when he should have been doing the opposite.

HV71

Hazard invariably cuts inside but most defenders in the premier league cant stop him ( so why we think we should single out Odoi ) is a tad mysterious to me . The guy does his best - as did the team today and I was bloody well relieved to see it !

In fact we were a tad unlucky not to get a point.

Certainly no recriminations  from this fan

COYW !!!!!

KH17

My take is show inside if you're defensive line is high as then you show into cb / cdm strength. If you show line and they skin you your whole defense is running back and it's a lot harder to defend and mark once they get to byline.

If your deep or see the overlap show line, if they beat you they either run out of space or your defensive line is now side on and you can track runs and ball.

Agree with Mince and you show line but wouldn't blame here. Defending is a lot more complex than the classic trained theory and then there's hazard and there's the finish. (Don't bite I don't post often)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Southcoastffc

I was very worried that Hazard v Dennis Odoi and Willian v Joe Bryan were both huge mismatches but fair play to both our full backs who did really well to stick to their tasks.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Twig

[/quot

Which players would they be?

filham

Actually, I am becoming a fan of Odoi's, he always gives us maximum effort and is quiet good going forward. Ok he is liable to make a critical mistake from time to time but we have no better right back at the moment.

HobGoblin

Lineker best defender ever to grace the game, knows everything about defence.............

davew

Twig, I and am sure others object and take offence to your comment "I am at the game and not an armchair supporter"! This has been said many times this season so we won't bring up all the old comments except 1, the armchair supporters are able to replay footage and are therefore better qualified to judge what has happened. Please bare in mind we are all supporters of FFC whether or not we are able to watch the team at the Cottage or away or just on TV/Internet!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Matt10

He played well. Did Odoi things with losing the ball by dribbling into too many players, but nothing significant came badly as a result. He showed Hazard inside because threat of overlap, and he couldn't step up because it's Hazard, we couldn't afford being caught out like that.

The strange play for me was him bumping Higuain for no reason on the goal, then simply releases him without telling Nordtveit. It looked like he was going to stay tight on him, then...I'm not sure.

He had another moment of confusion for me when he chooses not to jump on Higuain's header. Similar looking to how he did against Spurs. Just squats there...

Overall though, he was good. Think he held off Hazard, as best as anyone could, pretty well. Saw an overlap too which was promising to see as a whole. Odoi is probably our best RB right now, and I'm still warming up to him. 

KJS

Its quite simply Odoi is not a right back and is playing there due to Slavisa and Ranieri not filling that spot adequately in the summer of January windows!

jarv

Mince, I agree with snarks theory. I was a right footed left back. Always showed the inside (my strength) and puts a right footed winger on his left (his weakness).

Milo

Quote from: KH17 on March 03, 2019, 08:20:37 PM
My take is show inside if you're defensive line is high as then you show into cb / cdm strength. If you show line and they skin you your whole defense is running back and it's a lot harder to defend and mark once they get to byline.

If your deep or see the overlap show line, if they beat you they either run out of space or your defensive line is now side on and you can track runs and ball.

Agree with Mince and you show line but wouldn't blame here. Defending is a lot more complex than the classic trained theory and then there's hazard and there's the finish. (Don't bite I don't post often)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree he tended to show him inside ... which ordinarily would be a bad idea but we seemed to always have 2 DMs ready to shield the defence when he did come inside.