watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

next season in the championship (maybe)...just a thought

Started by jarv, March 04, 2019, 03:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

Several years ago, Newcastle got relegated but by some piece of good management managed to hold on to premier players, bounced back much stronger. Perhaps Fulham can do what it takes to hold on to Cairney, Sess, Mitro, Chambers and hope Mawson becomes a fixture.

Wishful thinking but good times would return to the cottage.

cookieg

Quote from: jarv on March 04, 2019, 03:38:04 PM
Several years ago, Newcastle got relegated but by some piece of good management managed to hold on to premier players, bounced back much stronger. Perhaps Fulham can do what it takes to hold on to Cairney, Sess, Mitro, Chambers and hope Mawson becomes a fixture.

Chamber is on loan so would go back but it would be great if Mitro gave us a season to score the goals to get us back up.

Buffalo76

0001.jpeg

Jamie88

Quote from: cookieg on March 04, 2019, 03:41:20 PM

Chamber is on loan so would go back but it would be great if Mitro gave us a season to score the goals to get us back up.
It would be incredible if we kept Mitro but he is entering potentially some of the best footballing years of his career and will want to play at a higher level than the championship I think

Statto

Been saying the same for ages. For me it's a no brainer. IMO we have a binary choice between keeping this team together and trying to come straight back up, or go for a rebuild and stay down for 4-5 years. The "2 year rebuild" option suggested by some is, for me, just not a realistic aim. 

St Eve

MJG

Expecting Seri, Mitrovic and maybe Sess if he doesn't sign contract. Other than that I don't see why we would let any of the others go. Time then to integrate three or four of the best u23's and add a few signings to squad. Try to challenge but no panic and allow two year window of getting back.
Just the views of a long term fan

SP

I've lost track of who we have out on loan, is it Fonte & Djalo or did we sell them?

The Rational Fan

If Cardiff, Huddersfield and Fulham go down; then i think we will start the season with a squad that will be favourites with the bookies to win the Championship. I think next years squad will be almost as good as this years.

The way FFP rules work is rich owners are most helpful in bad times and we are writing off crap signings with equity investments.

We didn't do the typically buying old experienced players to keep us on the premier league, we got a squad that should get better next season. I expect apart from losing Sessegnon, Schullre and one year loans our buys will exceed our sells.

Mitro has been offered 30m at his current wages by Tottenham, if he wants to go, then he can drop his wages until he gets 45m and we can buy two top top strikers including wages for that price. Same for Seri, drop your wages a lot and you can go for 25m too.

My guess is Mitro might stay cause he knows Fulham has to sell him at current wages in two years when parchate payments end, he has a chance of breaking records in the championship for goals scored ever, he'll still make his national team and if he leaves at 26 yo he'll be young enough to make an impact in champions league.

The other factor to consider is if one thinks we recruited well the summer of 2018, then you have to blame the team not gelling quickly enough with lots of signings. If the Khans blame having the newest  squad as the reason we did badly, then the logically thing to do is not change it.

If TKs recruitment is not at fault (which is not really correct), the solution is keep everyone in the squad and get promoted. In my opinion the best DOF for next season is one that sells no one and renews our loans. And maybe sells Sess and gets him back on loan.

AnOldBrownie

Mitro, Sess and Cairney need to be the heart of the team next season and build the front line around them.

Chambers will be gone to Arsenal...probably.   Look at their midfield and their CB's now.  Would Chambers get ahead of any of their current players?   Would he be ahead of any free agent they bring in during the off season?

Small chance Chambers would return.

No way I place my hopes on Mawson to lead the defense.   I do think the CB spot needs to be addressed though.
I like Adam Webster at Bristol.

Definitely need a starting FB.   Joe Bryan is OK, but if he's the starter on the left the team needs to upgrade over Odoi and Christie on the right.

..FOF..

You are talking about good management but then sidetracked to the players.

Here is what is needed based on your priority;

The management should lined up a few "promotion proven" coaches for interviews right now.

Our manager-recruitment setup demands a very specific type of coach to play nicely with Tony Khan.

Bill2

We will lose several players in the summer but apart from Sess none will be top teams. TC and Mitro will be in demand from a number of the lower half teams, when I discussed this with other top team fans they all said Mitro was too slow, which I have to agree with. If he did go to the top clubs it will only be as back up striker for the likes of Harry Kane.

So we do have a chance to hang on to the majority of players, people like Alfie Mawson will still be with us, not sure anyone would want him with his absences this season, missed more games than played, who else damages their knee changing their boots. People like Seri and Anguissa have not shone but could do with a season in the Championship to build their experience in English football up.

filham

A lot of our best players will want Premier League football and it is difficult to see how we can stop them moving on.
I expect us to lose Sess., Cairney, Mitrovic, Chambers and Seri in the summer and be sure we will not replace with players of equal strength, we never do when we sell players.

Robbie

Controversial - many of our players have not been good enough for the PL. Speed, fitness, passing accuracy, ability to stay on-side and finishing (even for some of our favourites) has not been that great.

I am not sure many of players would get picked up for first team PL football.

We may have another problem .... getting rid of players who will be de-motivated and can't be turned around.

Holders

A lot will be down to what their contracts say and they probably won't all be the same - whether we have a relegation clause to reduce wages, whether they have such a clause to have the right to move on. Then, even if we were able to keep whom we wanted, FFP would come into play, offset by parachute payments. It isn't a given that good players will automatically leave if they wish to, it's subject to contract and the benefit to us.  Sess seems to me to be the biggest unknown.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Jims Dentist

Sorry to bang that old drum again, but we will struggle all the time we still have an amatuer as DOF.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Jims Dentist on March 06, 2019, 05:21:02 PM
Sorry to bang that old drum again, but we will struggle all the time we still have an amatuer as DOF.

If DoF is an idoit but he gives FFC, a good manager, 3 good goalkeepers, 9 good backs, 6 good midfielders and 7 good forwards. Job Done. 049:gif

St Eve

The problem is that there is really no reason why Mitrovic, Sess and TC would waste a year with us in the championship.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on March 07, 2019, 12:36:09 AM

If DoF is an idoit but he gives FFC, a good manager, 3 good goalkeepers, 9 good backs, 6 good midfielders and 7 good forwards. Job Done. 049:gif

But he won't, he will bring more chaos. He is as welcome as a snake in a lucky dip.
It's like you employing a chauffeur who has never driven a car, and has no license.
There is only one outcome.
Even the Athiests are praying he is replaced.
Therefore, I cannot take you seriously until you accept this man is surplus to requirements, even if his father won't accept it. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 07, 2019, 01:43:11 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on March 07, 2019, 12:36:09 AM

But he won't, he will bring more chaos. He is as welcome as a snake in a lucky dip.
It's like you employing a chauffeur who has never driven a car, and has no license.
There is only one outcome.
Even the Athiests are praying he is replaced.
Therefore, I cannot take you seriously until you accept this man is surplus to requirements, even if his old man won't accept it.

If he brings in Parker as manager, doesn't sell anyone, signs or loans Norveidt, Kalas, Babel, Markvoic and Vietto, brings back Johason and Kamara to craven cottage, allows Parker to promote Rodak, Steve Sessegnon and Mat Riley to first team bench. I think we need a DoF that sticks with what we have and rather than bringing in chaos, we "sell to buy" it will surely be total disaster.

What else does the DoF need to bring in? What positions would like to see added to this team? Isn't not sellling much the key?