News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Where has that Anguissa and Joe Bryan been all season?

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, March 17, 2019, 04:47:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

Two players I have criticised all season. But today Anguissa was excellent and Bryan for the last few games has noticeably improved.

Could we be seeing signs of Scott Parker being a good man manager?

ken 44

A good and accurate post, pleased to see someone can get over disappointment and see the positives. Ken44

Holders

If we'd played like we have in the last three games from the beginning of the season we wouldn't be where we are now.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Woolly Mammoth

Yes I was impressed with both today, as I was with others and with the teams application.
It's just individual mistakes that are constantly costing us, but I am impressed so far with the way Scott Parker is handling the job, because it cannot be easy.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Holders on March 17, 2019, 04:51:48 PM
If we'd played like we have in the last three games from the beginning of the season we wouldn't be where we are now.

The 2 home games against big teams we've looked like we belong in the league.

AnOldBrownie

Anguissa needed time to adjust to the pace of the league, and his endurance was SHITE.

The few games he started he would be ok for the first 50 minutes...then he would hit the wall and play slow, lethargic and careless.

He'll be a good player in the Championship and he'll be a big part of Fulham coming back up.

I'm going to honorable mention Fosu Mensah in this thread.   He too played probably his best game as a White today.   No, he didn't try to drive forward like Joe Bryan did, but I thought he defended well considering he was attacked by Mane and Robertson the entire first half.

Holders

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on March 17, 2019, 04:54:03 PM
Quote from: Holders on March 17, 2019, 04:51:48 PM

The 2 home games against big teams we've looked like we belong in the league.

Yes, the results are largely irrelevant now. It just emphasises what a bad fit CR was for us and, maybe, how we missed Stuart Gray.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

ken 44

F.luke

Mensah.  We're you at the game ? Horrible for most of the game. Seemed to wake up when we scored tho

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: F.luke on March 17, 2019, 05:04:10 PM
Mensah.  We're you at the game ? Horrible for most of the game. Seemed to wake up when we scored tho

We're YOU at the game?   We scored right after he left the pitch.   I saw at least good tackles...a good recovery where he had to beat Robertson to a loose ball over a 30 yard sprint where Roberton had the angle but Fosu's pace got him to the spot in time to challenge.  yes...Robertson retained control of the ball..but Fosu's challenge led to a poor attempt at goal.

Firminho tried a back leg flick to an open offensive player right in front of Rico, yet fosu's leg prevented the pass from getting through.   

I saw offensive play where two Liverpool players (Mane being one of them) tried to body Fosu off the ball, yet he fought through both players to drive the ball the the half line then pass the ball away.

What game were YOU watching?

He made two poor passes...and he was told to play narrow which left a lot of open space to Liverpool's winger.   

WokingFFC

I think Joe has played very well in the past 3 games, marked improvement on previous. Zambo looked like a player for the first time this season, maybe we will get a return on our investment after all!

Matt10

Well, Anguissa was injured since Man United away, which was December...then Ranieri played him vs West Ham in which he played well, but the system was set up poorly for all players involved in that match. After that, Anguissa plays a bit against Chelsea and looked good. Finally, now, Parker has given him a vote of confidence by starting him for 90 minutes, in a system with Seri beside him. That's good coaching imho, and we've now seen what Anguissa is capable of. May it continue on.

Bryan's been playing solid, really not hesitating anymore and not afraid to show his skills. Leicester given man of the match, completely dominating that left-hand side. He did well pair up with Ream on his side again, able to pretty much contain Salah today.

Quite happy with both performances from them. Hopefully they can finish the season with the same types of performance.

The Cravenette

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on March 17, 2019, 05:12:39 PM

We're YOU at the game?   We scored right after he left the pitch.   I saw at least good tackles...a good recovery where he had to beat Robertson to a loose ball over a 30 yard sprint where Roberton had the angle but Fosu's pace got him to the spot in time to challenge.  yes...Robertson retained control of the ball..but Fosu's challenge led to a poor attempt at goal.

Firminho tried a back leg flick to an open offensive player right in front of Rico, yet fosu's leg prevented the pass from getting through.   

I saw offensive play where two Liverpool players (Mane being one of them) tried to body Fosu off the ball, yet he fought through both players to drive the ball the the half line then pass the ball away.

What game were YOU watching?

He made two poor passes...and he was told to play narrow which left a lot of open space to Liverpool's winger.   

I'm with you. Thought TFM had a v good strong game. I was also there.

Tbf there were no bad performances really. Although Rico is beginning to annoy me with his constant pushing the ball back into dangerous positions.
Zambo my motm.

wormbridge

that was Anguissa's 9th start I think.  People may juuuuust have been a little bit quick to write him off.

filham

I am thinking that I may have to eat humble pie in view of the things I have said about Anguissa but lets see a couple more performances first.

wormbridge

Can we stop with the "were you at the game" as well?   What difference does that make?   I was a S/T for 8 years and now watch on TV and still come to similar judgements.   

General

I think you perhaps when critical of players fail to understand the significance of man management and its role in football (an in general life). Making someone feel understood, valued and to the point they feel comfortable and themselves and can and want to give back is probably the key thing in life between have and have nots, success and failure..

Chutney

Parker played anguissa's role and was one of the best in the league at it for a decade, anguissa will hopefully learn a lot from him.
C O Y W

General

Quote from: wormbridge on March 18, 2019, 11:13:48 AM

Can we stop with the "were you at the game" as well?   What difference does that make?   I was a S/T for 8 years and now watch on TV and still come to similar judgements.   

And you get in game analysis as well as replays. Although there is always more to be seen in the wider picture as the camera tends to focus on the player on the ball, but still.. the difference is marginal for most things.

wormbridge

Quote from: Chutney on March 18, 2019, 11:23:17 AM
Parker played anguissa's role and was one of the best in the league at it for a decade, anguissa will hopefully learn a lot from him.

It's a really interesting point, although the bloke's played in a european final already so not completely green.  But sure some premiership know-how can be imparted.