more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Fosu-Mensah

Started by bog, March 18, 2019, 09:12:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Quote from: bog on March 18, 2019, 04:49:44 PM
In the Mail today Fosu-Mensah is the fastest player in the Premier League this season! 21.24 mph.

092.gif

It would be nice to see that pace in attack occasionally as we are not getting behind defences these days.

snarks

Quote from: Frackleheath on March 18, 2019, 01:28:14 PM
For their first goal he ran off Firmino allowing him to get well into the box, just as Odoi did with Hazard in the Chelsea game for their goal - they were identical!!! Why not confront the attacker well outside the box, when there is more cover behind you, if a foul is committed then you have a chance to defend it. Lay off the attacker and any mistimed tackle becomes a penalty if we can see it why can't the coaching staff??
Don't know what you saw but that didn't happen. Mane ran at TFM who backed into the box. Firmino ran from outside the box past our back four, Frank let him run, Mane passed to Firmino then Mane ran across goal into our back 4 not being directly picked up by anyone. TFM didn't go with him, Firmino passed back and easy tap in. Just a really good move by Liverpool. Harsh to blame any individual for an error better to praise a good move and well worked goal.

fulhamben

Quote from: Andy S on March 18, 2019, 09:33:44 AM
That is a little harsh. After another scape goat are we?
we are literally having the worst season in our entire existence. There is no such thing as a scape goat in our squad. Only crap players who some stick up for in blind loyalty.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

snarks

Quote from: fulhamben on March 18, 2019, 06:23:48 PM
we are literally having the worst season in our entire existence. There is no such thing as a scape goat in our squad. Only crap players who some stick up for in blind loyalty.

Sorry that's  hyperbole clearly relegation to the bottom division and just surviving there were worse seasons, getting relegated from the top division has happened to Fulham before on more than one occasion

fulhamben

Quote from: snarks on March 18, 2019, 06:26:39 PM

Sorry that's  hyperbole clearly relegation to the bottom division and just surviving there were worse seasons, getting relegated from the top division has happened to Fulham before on more than one occasion
how many points did we get in that season? Because by you definition, we are having what somewhere around our 25th best season ever purely because of the league we are in

snarks

Quote from: fulhamben on March 18, 2019, 06:29:16 PM

how many points did we get in that season? Because by you definition, we are having what somewhere around our 25th best season ever purely because of the league we are in

In all honesty that's how I feel. Given the division we're in, it can't be our worst ever season

Chutney

He struggled. Not good enough unfortunately, but we are far from blessed with defensive options.
C O Y W

fulhamben

Quote from: snarks on March 18, 2019, 06:33:39 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on March 18, 2019, 06:29:16 PM

In all honesty that's how I feel. Given the division we're in, it can't be our worst ever season
well it is, do you think derby pro claimed it a good season she  they amassed just 11 points, because they were in the prem. We are well on course for our worst ever season, that's just how it is.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: @jolslover on March 18, 2019, 10:35:46 AM
I thought he played well on the whole and is better than Christie / Odoi in the RB position. Had he played there for all the games those two did I think we may be in a slightly? better position.

This was my view.

He played narrow (leaving a lot of space on the wing) because he was apparently told to play narrow.   Joe played the same way on the left, left the same amount of space...yet Joe had Babel helping him out.  Ayite gave TF no assistance on the right.

He's better than Odoi and Christie at RB.

Considering he was thrown into a game to defend Sadio Mane, I thought he did well.

On the goal Mane score, Timbo released him at a point...not sure what he could have done to prevent Mane from scoring.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: toshes mate on March 18, 2019, 01:05:55 PM
HV71 and filham summed TFM up for me.  He was better than previously but not by very much, IMO.  Notes suggesting he was better than Odoi in the right back area are fanciful to say the least. 

Not sure we have a decent right back in the squad since Fredericks was lost to us, and I would like young S Sessegnon to at least be given a chance to show what he can do, but I guess that may have to wait until the when and if we are officially down.

Explain why he isn't better than Odoi at right back?

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: ALG01 on March 18, 2019, 03:41:53 PM
FM was poor IMO he was rash in his decison making, didn't get close enough quick enough to the player in possesion and stood off too far.
When he went forward he certainly took way to long and made to little effort in getting back.

You completely miss that 30 yard sprint he did to get to Robertson in the 1st half?   At an angle where Robertson should have clearly got to the ball before him yet Timothy got there at exactly the same time as him.

I agree that he is rash, and I agree that he takes too long to close on a player.   Joe Bryan has the same fault, as does Odoi.   I think Christie is a little better than it.

ALL the defenders not named Chambers look like they need a rest every other offensive possession so I don't think Timbo should be singled out.     

Matt10

Instructions for both our FBs looked to contain and only commit if can make a sure tackle. That's why we didn't get beat with pace down the sides as much. TFM played an outstanding game. He dove into tackles when 100% sure and he made contact with the ball. He slowed down the attack, allowing our numbers to regroup, even if it meant he would need to be isolated.

Brawn

Match of the Day this season is always a laugh, watching our defenders getting borderline abused by the pundits is somewhat comical.

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbank gave TFM an absolute bollocking, he didn't get across to close down Mané and Robertson at any point (unlike Bryan on the other side), went flying in and missed early on, linked up terribly with Ayité defensively, and all in all looked horrible. Bryan on the other side did much better and I really like the look of him now.

We look absolutely horrible down our Right no matter who plays there. Odoi never commits to the tackle, and with Nordtviet out (any update on that, by the way?), Christie is probably the best of a bad bunch there - that said, Christie was good at Championship level when he deputised for Fredericks, but the fact Freddo has yet to be replaced there is probably one of the biggest things TK got wrong in July and January.

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: bog on March 18, 2019, 01:22:54 PM
I cannot understand why S Sess has not been given chance. Have to say i do not share the feeling that Odoi is our best right back.   

092.gif

I agree.  I am hoping S Sess will be given his chance next yr in the Championship!

toshes mate

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on March 19, 2019, 01:53:06 AM
Quote from: toshes mate on March 18, 2019, 01:05:55 PM
HV71 and filham summed TFM up for me.  He was better than previously but not by very much, IMO.  Notes suggesting he was better than Odoi in the right back area are fanciful to say the least. 

Not sure we have a decent right back in the squad since Fredericks was lost to us, and I would like young S Sessegnon to at least be given a chance to show what he can do, but I guess that may have to wait until the when and if we are officially down.

Explain why he isn't better than Odoi at right back?
You explain to me how he was better than Odoi on Sunday first.  Since you cannot possibly do that (unless you have a magical power of time travelling to kick off with Odoi in the side which you could put into practice with my express approval right now!) then it is reduced to opinion - smart ass.

filham

[/quote
Yes a lot of us remember those times when it looked like we may fall out of the football league, Dicks out and all that.
The difference is of course is that in those days we didn't have two pennies to rub together and our plight was understandable. Now we have spent £100 million on players we expect a lot better

snarks

Quote from: filham on March 19, 2019, 09:59:23 AM

[/quote
Yes a lot of us remember those times when it looked like we may fall out of the football league, Dicks out and all that.
The difference is of course is that in those days we didn't have two pennies to rub together and our plight was understandable. Now we have spent £100 million on players we expect a lot better

Exactly that, the club isn't in financial trouble, good crowds and for the last 2 home games better football to watch. As for this seasons points/goals conceded well as we've proved repeatedly stats aren't everything. (My glass is a full pint today - even if it has some space in the top half)