News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who do you keep and who do you get rid of for next season.

Started by fulhamfever, March 21, 2019, 01:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamfever

twang

As long as Cairney stays I don't worry about losing Seri. He'll still have a good reputation so we should be able to recoup much of his transfer fee. Also, I can't think of league worse suited for Seri than the Championship.

Anguissa is youngish, has unfulfilled potential and should be well suited for the Championship. And there's no way a club will pay close to what we did for him last summer. Hopefully the club won't send him on loan to get his wages of the book.

So: Sell Seri if Cairney stays and keep Zambo.

midlandwhites

Get rid of Serri and Anguissa - will not cope in the Championship !

The Rational Fan

FFC results in the Championship without Cairney are truly terrible. The first thing an old ex-West Ham player (if playing off the bench for reseves counts) said to me after Wembley is you need cover for Cairney, and he didn't even know Cairneys injury record or the results without him. Interestingly, the same problem applies to Mitrovoic that needs cover next year.

Interestingly, after that comment the first player we bought is Seri. You cannot integrate a player like Cairney or Seri quickly into a team like ours, as can be shown that both Cairney and Seri first seasons for FFC was poor by their standards.

The big hope for this team is to win the Championship with a team that requires no additions in midfield, so that we have one area of chemistry worked out before improving other areas. The centre of midfield is so core that a club will always go down if they are fixing it in premier league their first season up.

Keep Everyone we possibly can.

clarkey

Get rid of the goal keepers we got last summer

Buy an old US or English keeper like Joe Hart as cover. He would be free or very chep.Build Betts up to be best in the league, he nearly is already.
Keep Seri as back up for Cairney.Get Johansson back ASAP.Sign another box to box player.
Sign Chambers full time.Keep Mawson, Ream and Odoi. Keep McDonald one more season.MLM too.
Get S Sess into the team super fast to see if he is suitable for next year.Get rid of Christie as soon as possible.
Buy Matt Target.
Keep Anguissa
Get a really good striker as back up for Mitro, needs to be big and strong NOT small and lightweight like Vietto or Rui Fonte they do not lead the line.
That means we might need to keep Babel too.
Of course do everything possible to keep Sess

Everyone else au revoir.

bog

T Khan (get rid)

The Rational Fan

Quote from: clarkey on March 22, 2019, 08:07:19 AM
Get rid of the goal keepers we got last summe

Everyone else au revoir.

Well, selling Fabri should be easy the fans from his old club, are saying Fulham FC can keep Ryan Babel we need our Champions League goalkeeper back.

Woolly Mammoth

Both Fabri and Rico are most certainly surplus to requirements, so his old club can have both of them, and there are plenty of mediocre players who have played in the Champions League.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 22, 2019, 11:51:13 AM
Both Fabri and Rico are most certainly surplus to requirements, so his old club can have both of them, and there are plenty of mediocre players who have played in the Champions League.

Yes, well Beşiktaş fans would like to get rid Loris Karius and give them Fabri back.

Milo

I think we need to buy Kalas this summer. Young, plenty of Championship experience, knows a lot of our team, and could be Prem quality in 2-3 years.

I would pay up to £10m. I know there are many who wouldn't.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Sting of the North on March 21, 2019, 02:37:00 PM
Keep both.

Agreed.  Strongly agree Anguissa staying.

I'm pretty sure Cairney will still be here, and if he suffers a knock I'd want Seri to slot into that spot. 

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Why do people keep on about buying Mat Targett.
We will be in the Championship again except this time we will not have the same squad as last time.
The same applies to Kalas..Would they want to come back?

Seri and Sess and Mitro will go and there could well be others.
Who wants to keep unhappy players despite their contracts?

filham

Who stays and who leaves will not really be in the club's control.
I suspect a lot of our players, in spite of their poor performances this season, think they are too good to play in the Championship and their agents are already looking for new clubs for them.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: filham on March 22, 2019, 09:52:12 PM
I suspect a lot of our players, in spite of their poor performances this season, think they are too good to play in the Championship and their agents are already looking for new clubs for them.

Well, the club better get control of who leaves. History shows a team has no chance if they try to get promoted with a new squad.

Wolves 17/18 talked players into believing they will be a premier leaguie club, if Fulham cannot do that forget next season.

Penfold

Quote from: The Rational Fan on March 22, 2019, 09:57:43 PM

Well, the club better get control of who leaves. History shows a team has no chance if they try to get promoted with a new squad.

Wolves 17/18 talked players into believing they will be a premier leaguie club, if Fulham cannot do that forget next season.

Forget next season then

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Penfold on March 22, 2019, 10:13:39 PM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on March 22, 2019, 09:57:43 PM

Forget next season then

Assuming FFC hold on to every player below, you don't think that the team below can succeed in the Championship?

Starting XI : Betts, Christie, Norveidt, Mawson, Bryan, Anguissa, Seri, Cairney, Markovoic, Mitrovoic, R.Sess
2nd Team: Fabri, S.Sess, Odoi, Ream, MLM, McDonald, Johasen,  Atiye, Kebabo, Kamara
3rd Team: Rodak, Cisse, Riley, Eliott

the nutflush

MLM and Seri. I have been Anguissa's biggest critic but his last game showed he might actually have something up his sleeve. No guarantee that he can handle the physicality of the championship though.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: the nutflush on March 22, 2019, 11:16:59 PM
MLM and Seri. I have been Anguissa's biggest critic but his last game showed he might actually have something up his sleeve. No guarantee that he can handle the physicality of the championship though.

No better place for Anguissa to improve his physicality than the Championship. He will be able to handle the physicality of half the teams in the Championship (maybe more), other teams Kevin McDonald will be the obvious first choice ahead of Anguissa (until he adjusts).

Milo

GK - Betts and Rodak can fight it out
RB - New signing
CB - New signing
CB - Mawson
LB - Bryan
DM - Seri
AM - Cairney
AM - Anguissa
LW - Sessagnon
CF - Mitrovic
RW - New signing

New signings should be ~24-25yo Championship players who have a good chance of making the step up to the Prem in 2-3 years time. The Cairneys of two years ago, the Bryans of this year.