watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Woodrow again

Started by Twig, March 30, 2019, 04:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twig

Cauley has scored an excellent goal today.  With our only out and out striker injured I feel we could have done with him at the Cottage.  What a woeful lack of depth we have in some positions with a surplus of very average options in others. I guess it just set me thinking about h ow unbalanced our squad is.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Our players also scored freely when playing at a lower level.
Perhaps Woodrow fits into their system better than ours.

ALG01

Woodrow is a very good player and way better than the ones we have except mitro as a proper forward. The ability to control the ball, pick a pass and an incredible goals per minute on the field should have seen him regular in our side.
He will make monkeys of us next seasonas we slip through the divisions.

Sgt Fulham

We've done this Woodrow thing enough times.

ALG01

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on March 30, 2019, 05:00:16 PM
We've done this Woodrow thing enough times.

So don't join in
Personally I do not think wee have done it enough.

ffcne

Picked regularly for U21'S by Southgate

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: ALG01 on March 30, 2019, 04:30:13 PM
Woodrow is a very good player and way better than the ones we have except mitro as a proper forward. The ability to control the ball, pick a pass and an incredible goals per minute on the field should have seen him regular in our side.
He will make monkeys of us next seasonas we slip through the divisions.

Banter.

Mince n Tatties

Be Fulhamish to go sign him back for Championship.😵

Woolly Mammoth

He should be playing for Fulham.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Statto

He is a League One player. So exactly the sort of player we need if Tony Khan is going to remain in charge.

filham

Well if we are going to continue with just the one striker you would have thought there was enough cover provided with Mitrovic, Ayite, Babel, Vietto and even Shurrle at £100,000 per week)

grandad

He will be playing against us next season.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Twig

Quote from: filham on March 30, 2019, 07:19:55 PM
Well if we are going to continue with just the one striker you would have thought there was enough cover provided with Mitrovic, Ayite, Babel, Vietto and even Shurrle at £100,000 per week)

That's my point. Both Babel and Schurrle are wide players so not proper cover for a central striker. Vietto has played that role for previous clubs but we haven't seen anything to suggest he is capable and any way has said he is off at season end.  So really there is zero cover for a Mitro.

toshes mate

We haven't had decent strike force depth under any manager since Dembele and McCormack departed.  Just another example of how poor recruitment has been across the board especially when throwing money away on less essential recruits.

DanVerSar

He left us permanently after his loan spell. May well have been a buy back clause inserted by Fulham but highly doubt it! I think he would do a job for us. His work rate and desire will be exactly what we need when the squad is decimated and we start again in the summer. Could do a lot worse than have him in the squad.