watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Another name to add to the list !

Started by Riversider, April 05, 2019, 09:21:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

As incredible as this may seem, I've been reading this morning that Chris Hughton is under growing pressure at Brighton,  this despite leading them to Wembley,
Apparently there is a growing "Hughton Out" campaign down on the south coast fuelled primarily by a desire for more attacking football,
Reminds me of the time Charlton supporters were getting bored of mid table finishes,
Out of all the names mentioned so far as a possible next manager for Fulham , Chris Hughton is the first name that genuinely  excites me,
So go on Brighton fans,  keep your campaign going and drive him out, he won't be out of work for long.

hovewhite

That would be a great fit for Fulham.

Wingnut

I've a sneaky suspicion that they may part company at the end of the season and I'd be after him straight away. He'd be a fantastic fit for our club. Proven the Championship and the PL.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Buffalo76

I'd happily have him over SP. Excellent record,  particularly in the championship.

Bill2

Some times I cannot comprehend football club owners. He is a well respected, well liked manager who while operating on a shoe string budget has consistently helped Brighton punch above their weight.

HV71

Good manager - and comes over as a really decent bloke. Would be very happy with him

toshes mate

Quote from: HV71 on April 05, 2019, 10:30:49 AM
Good manager - and comes over as a really decent bloke. Would be very happy with him
+1

aaronmcguigan

I'd imagine he'd take time out and wait for a top level job instead of dropping down to a league he's got promotion from  twice

SuffolkWhite

Solid manager and would fix the defence quickly!!!! Would also put fire in the belly of the players . Sign him up!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Nero

Thats the problem with football fans, they want promotion they want premier league then they have to suffer the dull boring football that will keep them there, Then the chairperson wants to keep the fans happy and they demand exciting football sack the manager bring in a more attacking coach who then promptly starts losing and then the call for Big Sam and Pullis goes out to keep them in the league and they back to even more dire football

Southdowns White

Living in the Brighton area I can say that there is movement from some supporters to replace him. Some think he has run out of ideas other than to get his players to look for fouls to create set pieces and to rely on a really good team spirt which runs through the team. It's a team that lacks quality and has relied on players who are too old and will need replacing as well as others who are just not good enough if the team is to improve. I don't know how much of this is down to Brighton and it's manager not being a draw for better players or whether there is a lack of investment at a team level by the owners. The set up of the club is very good having a really good training facility and a ground which can hold over 30,000 which rumour has it could be extended even further ( although a bit of a pain to travel to and from on match days ) Supporters are quite worried though as to where the next points are going to come from as two wins from Cardiff a team they still have to play and its the Championship with us for Brighton.

hovewhite

Quote from: Nero on April 05, 2019, 11:09:47 AM
Thats the problem with football fans, they want promotion they want premier league then they have to suffer the dull boring football that will keep them there, Then the chairperson wants to keep the fans happy and they demand exciting football sack the manager bring in a more attacking coach who then promptly starts losing and then the call for Big Sam and Pullis goes out to keep them in the league and they back to even more dire football
mediocrity would have been happy with that this season!

ALG01

this man is genuinely good in the championship and just a bit to nice for the Prem. He has a track record of not quite being able to keep it going. So if it was him very good but would need a change if we went up IMO.

Mince n Tatties

grandad

Any manager who condones the cheating of players such as Knockaert. Hernandez & Mane would always be a no no for me.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Riversider

Quote from: grandad on April 05, 2019, 03:56:11 PM
Any manager who condones the cheating of players such as Knockaert. Hernandez & Mane would always be a no no for me.

Yep, would much rather get relegated before Easter each time with a manager that isn't streetwise
😩🙈

MikeTheCubed

Good manager for a club of our size on paper but don't think he can work well with the players we're likely to be left with.

filham

Well if Chris Hughton is about to leave Brighton he must at least make our short list, be nice to have a number of possible new managers to choose from by the end of the season, although if Parker can now achieve four wins from the remaining five matches I would think the job is his.

jarv

He did a decent job at Newcastle, then got screwed by their fine upstanding owner (Ashley). If the same happens again to him I think he would be good for Fulham.  If he is not available til August, that will fit in nicely with Fulham management usual schedule of appointments. 094.gif

Luka

Where has everyones ambition gone.
An average manager, who plays boring football and who is currently happy at boring little club. Bring Chris Hughton to Fulham....no thanks.

I want a progressive top class manager that plays an exciting brand of football and who see's us as a challenge. A manager that has ambition to manage an equally progressive club challenging for imeadite promotion back to the PL. I want a manager that demands £150m and a free reign to make it happen.

Are you listening Tony K ?