more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

does the rest of this season matter...

Started by WhiteJC, April 07, 2019, 10:32:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

...now that we're relegated?

Don't get me wrong I always want Fulham to win however if we are planning for next season, if Scott plays "the youngsters", none of the loanees and then looses every game surely he'll not get the managers role full time? I'm sure Scott won't want the 'tag' of never having won a game as a manger no matter how poor the team. It doesn't matter if you'd like him as the next manager or would prefer a "name" to come in, I'm sure that Scott will want to win some of the remaining games even if its at the expense of building for next season.

Should some of our "star" players start playing to their potential then surely their value can only increase, or are they already 'tainted' and anyway we payed well over the odds for them?

Getting a win (or two?) could really boost our morale, club and fans, even though is wouldn't effect this season it may be the spring board for next?

Of the 5 remaining games I'd like us to get wins over Cardiff and Newcastle, I don't like Colin and would love Mitro to get his first Premier league hat-trick against his old club.
I'm not too bothered by the Everton, Bournemouth (an away win would be nice) and Wolves games, these are the sort of teams that we should have done well against if we were to stay in the Prem, but now we're not going to do the games really matter?

davew

What really matters is what we do in the close season, who goes who stays and who joins, the next 5 games are irrelevant! Just as important also is who manages next season, well the start of it anyway.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

bog

I want some of our youngsters given a go. Mat O'Riley, S Sess to name two. I cannot stomach more abject misery provided by those who are just not good enough.   

092.gif

Statto

Quote from: bog on April 07, 2019, 11:24:53 AM
I want some of our youngsters given a go. Mat O'Riley, S Sess to name two. I cannot stomach more abject misery provided by those who are just not good enough.   

092.gif

Agree

Now we're down, heads will drop completely and I can't see the first team beating anyone. The youngsters will actually play with a little more spirit, I expect. And it's not quality we'll lack against the likes of Cardiff, it's spirit.

davew

Berserker

I'm hoping for a couple of wins. With the pressure of the team I think they may perform better. I'm hoping to go to the rest of the home games to support Scott and the few team members that actually did try to give a go this season.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

toshes mate

The last five games all matter just as much as what went before - they will form part of the record of FFC 2018/19.  They are a chance for FFC to prove that what went before is not a true reflection of the Club's state.  Continuing to fail is not an option and will have repercussions for what happens in the future.  The rot will not stop until all those at the Club make it stop.

gezkc

The vultures will be circling now that we're definitely down and some of our "stars" may well feel this is their last chance to put themselves in the shop window and avoid having to play in the Championship next season. So, for them the remaining games will definitely matter. I therefore think we'll win a few of our remaining games.

From a Fulham perspective, it would be nice to see a few of our youngsters tried out in preparation for next season, but the point about Scott Parker wanting to win games is a valid one, and may stop this happening.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: toshes mate on April 07, 2019, 11:56:42 AM
The last five games all matter just as much as what went before - they will form part of the record of FFC 2018/19.  They are a chance for FFC to prove that what went before is not a true reflection of the Club's state.  Continuing to fail is not an option and will have repercussions for what happens in the future.  The rot will not stop until all those at the Club make it stop.

I think a few victories without loans playing at the end of the season, would prove this squad is good enough to stay up in the premier league and make it clearer what we need to do to get automatic promotion next season, which I think is keep the same permanent squad.

filham

Really no point in playing those that are certain to leave in the summer rather try to develop some understanding among those that are likely to be with us next season.

davew

Quote from: The Rational Fan on April 07, 2019, 02:36:16 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on April 07, 2019, 11:56:42 AM

I think a few victories without loans playing at the end of the season, would prove this squad is good enough to stay up in the premier league and make it clearer what we need to do to get automatic promotion next season, which I think is keep the same permanent squad.
LOL, really?? I do agree however that we should no longer play any of the players who won't be with us next season, on the other hand we have to be able to name a starting 11 and presumably 6 substitutes, only possible if you include some youngsters.

Lighthouse

No point in playing kids who are not ready. Another tonking is not going to do their confidence any good. But we could mix and match. Players who are certain to leave could be dropped but then frankly it hardly matters as they have rarely put in a performance anyway. As others have said really the building goes on outside of the games now. Parker has to show he can win a game or two otherwise there will be no support for him. 

All in all nothing really matters now this season. It would be nice not to finish bottom. However our performances, our coaches, our players and owners have conspired to make this season best forgotten. Whatever happens on the field from now on.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FFC1987

Id say it matters for prep for next season. Building unity, some confidence and a platform to go into pre season is vital. Don't get me wrong, they mean nothing, but for sharpness, attitude to push on and if anything, give something for the fans to cheer about, i'm sure we'll see some professional performances but players looking to make a statement for next seasons selection.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 07, 2019, 05:07:20 PM
No point in playing kids who are not ready. Another tonking is not going to do their confidence any good. But we could mix and match. Players who are certain to leave could be dropped but then frankly it hardly matters as they have rarely put in a performance anyway. As others have said really the building goes on outside of the games now. Parker has to show he can win a game or two otherwise there will be no support for him. 

All in all nothing really matters now this season. It would be nice not to finish bottom. However our performances, our coaches, our players and owners have conspired to make this season best forgotten. Whatever happens on the field from now on.

That old saying "if they are good enough" comes to mind but as the match reports from the other night suggested our youth options might not actually be good enough....... yet. With the caveat that results do not matter then yes play them, with another caveat that Parker should not be held accountable for a winless tenure then yes play them and if it meant 'outing' those have not performed sufficiently then yes play them. What probably won't count in the what to do next conundrum is that I would pay to watch a team minus the loanees and Schurle.

bobby01

All I want to see is some fight In the team, showing they actually care. Whoever will not be here get rid of, decide if SP is going to be the next manager or not. Start planning for next year now. I have listened to TC interview, but I,m sorry to say that in my opinion he has shown a could not care less attitude for most of the season, therefore he really needs to step up as do a fair few others.
The player I feel most sorry for is Odoi, for all his failings he has given his all to the cause this season and then finds himself dropped for mlm and nortvieldt, a decision that makes me question SPs ability to manage this side.
All in all I am absolutely gutted with the way things have turned out this season, I for one never saw it coming after 2 seasons of great football.
So it's time to plan and take immediate action that something can be salvaged from this season, and we have a method introduced so we can get off to decent start next year.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Barrett487

to me this is a no-brainer. We prepare for next year by playing the players we expect to be in the first team squad. SSess should be playing at the very least.

Drop RSess if he's looking to leave, unless he signs a contract with a buy out figure incorporated. He's been a loyal lad and he should continue to do the right thing.

Babel & Chambers shouldn't play, despite being fairly positive additions, because we should be persisting with Kmac and Cisse. We have nothing to lose. I'm unclear about Kebano & Ayite, but if they're going to be with us next season they should get game time as well.

One Martin Thomas

If Parker wants this job the last matches better matter ! I actually like what the Huddersfield mgr has said about being better than us ! Passion ! I don't think it's good for anyone to get the wooden spoon.

bill taylors apprentice

Freshening the team up with a few youngsters and picking up a couple of wins along the way would help lighten the mood.

Having a couple of youngsters enjoy some game time has to be better than playing the you know who's!

There are bigger issues that need resolving and this is a small detail but attending to those small details adds up to achieving better in the long run!

Slaphead in Qatar

The first team starter players have given up a while ago. Yes play the kids. But no , the remaining games matter nothing - roll on the transfer window and let's start with a few wins next season

toshes mate

Quote from: bobby01 on April 07, 2019, 08:28:15 PM
All I want to see is some fight In the team, showing they actually care. Whoever will not be here get rid of, decide if SP is going to be the next manager or not. Start planning for next year now. I have listened to TC interview, but I,m sorry to say that in my opinion he has shown a could not care less attitude for most of the season, therefore he really needs to step up as do a fair few others.
The player I feel most sorry for is Odoi, for all his failings he has given his all to the cause this season and then finds himself dropped for mlm and nortvieldt, a decision that makes me question SPs ability to manage this side.
All in all I am absolutely gutted with the way things have turned out this season, I for one never saw it coming after 2 seasons of great football.
So it's time to plan and take immediate action that something can be salvaged from this season, and we have a method introduced so we can get off to decent start next year.
Spot on.  Odoi has a spirit whenever he turns out for us, and he does set an example (if only others would follow his lead) as happened v. Derby, and v. Villa not so long ago.  The fact he is on low wages also speaks very loudly as to where the finger should point at mediocrity.  I was gutted after Anfield and the futile sacking of Jokanovic which proved to me where FFC's ailments truly lie.  We need to get up off the floor now and at least get heads thinking straight again because at the moment the ship is taking water and nobody is alive and alert to the fact it may sink without trace.