watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham FC fan in California sues over 'racist' number plate row

Started by BigbadBillyMcKinley, April 10, 2019, 07:25:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logicalman

So I guess we shouldn't push for getting Black N Tan served at the local bar then  :005:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

RaySmith

I think it makes a difference that this happened in the States, where few know much, if anything, about  football in England, or 'Soccer', and the phrase 'come on you whites' might only have non -sporting associations.

Someone might take out a gun and  shoot someone if they thought they were part of the Ku Klux Klan or similar.

Not to defend  what happened, but maybe not as much 'pc gone mad' as it would be in this country, where most people would  know what coyw referred to. I'd like to know more about this casse to make a better judgement, but I'm already bored stiff  with it, and similar cases!

I don't agree with a lot of what goes on these days, like stopping people speaking- I've always  thought that  you should hear what people have to say and discuss it, rather than shutting it up.

But the whole thing has becme a  minefield, so that even old school feminists like Germaine Greer are banned from speaking in many places because she said that transgender women are not real women, but men dressed up.

But there is a point here -  sport is one, where former men, say they're women and entitled to compete against actual women, and thus have an obvious advantage, or a man could put on a skirt, say he'd changed sex and walk into a female toilet or changing room. Though probably not really that easy to do this.

But I can see both sides of the debate too.The thing is  we have  become very intolerant, on all sides, the opposite to 'liberal' in fact.

Fulham76

New Zealand's rugby team will be lucky to get a game anywhere with these sort of rules...