watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Redbrick U16s vs Stevenage Boro

Started by TheDaddy, October 26, 2010, 11:11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDaddy

What miserable weather, Wind and constant rain made it a very uncomfortable day for the supporters,
and the coffee from the sports centre "Christ you could have run your car on it" !

As always trying to get 15 and 16 year olds to make a meet on time is nearly impossible,We spent 10 mins throwing crab apples up at our centre backs bedroom window this morning.Yes crab apples two adults and several kids funny as hell until the neighbors came out.It worked as robbie sheepishly came to the door one down one to go Jonah calls "im on my way be there in about 10 minutes" Half an hour later he arrives in a black cab "Tony (manager) have you got money for the fair ".We arrive at the ground with plenty of time and meet up with Garth Crooks (Ref for the game).

Now the changing room is an experience in its self the boys all chill out listening to rap music and sing along taking the piss out of each other if they get the words wrong.Well whilst we wait for the other team to arrive the boys get restless up pops DJ Daddy with a rendition of something that went like "Me bust me girl and she do swell so me leave it" the room goes quite job done ! Apparently i've sung in english I had sex with my girl and now shes pregnant so im leaving her ! Lets start the match report .

The first 10 mins sees Stevenage have most of the possession ,With Redbrick playing too narrow Stevenage exploit the left wing and pass the ball into the ten yard box for a simple tap in at the far post 1-0 Stevenage Boro.

It doesn't far any better and 8 minutes later go 2-0 up .A free kick from around twenty yards trickles into the goal ,the keeper saw it coming but took his eye off the ball and went for the player running in .Redbricks first attack comes to nothing.

On the 34th  minute the Redbricks keeper runs out to collect the ball from Stevenages forward, with both stretching for the ball the forward jams his studs into the ground and falls forward  into the back of Redbricks keeper.Both players are in pain and from the loud snapping sound it appears the forward may have snapped a tendon or ligament the lad was taken straight to hospital .As for our keeper Nick he got most upset that we were going to sub him we agreed to give him ten minutes to shake off the  injury.

On the 40 minute Redbrick attack but again it comes to nothing the keeper is showing that he has good safe hands.Half time whistle blows.

2-0 Stevenage Boro.....

The second half starts with Redbrick attacking from the off ,Corner! It arrives at the back post Ben gives it a back heal and it brushes the outside of the post.Yet another attack sees the ball whistle past the near post lots of Redbrick possession and  attacks.

However this was there undoing because on the 53rd  minute Stevenage counter attack and score 3-0 .

Straight away from kick off Redbrick are given a penalty when Zat beats the keeper who has gone to ground but pulls onto his leg , Ben steps up and places the ball bottom right 3-1 (later i found out he broke what i call one of the golden rules .Changing his mind were to place the ball during his run up ).

On the 70th minute Ben receives a knock down from Big D , Beating the defender and seeing the keeper rushing out he tries a delicate lob which just falls over the cross bar .However i belive they should have had a penalty as the keeper had no intention on going for the ball only the player (but in comes to nothing) Ex pros should be refs ? well they get in wrong too guys !

The last 10 minutes is all Redbrick pressure but the final ball was missing so it ended 3-1.

A fair result if im honest Stevenage should have been out of sight in the first half but the second half went to Redbrick a good competitive game .

I wont tell you how much the McDonalds/KFC cost on the way home all i can say is them boys were hungry all 15 of them !.

"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

FatFreddysCat

RidgeRider

TheDaddy, again I really appreciate reports. Great stuff and we'll be looking for 3 points for Redbrick in the next match!

BarryP

15 - 15 year olds at a a fast food joint, my sympathy to the wallet that funded that excursion!  Too bad about match loss but thanks for the report.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: BarryP on October 27, 2010, 02:02:33 AM
15 - 15 year olds at a a fast food joint, my sympathy to the wallet that funded that excursion!  Too bad about match loss but thanks for the report.
Try the Chicken Cottage 2 for £2  in Future Daddy, much cheaper.

RidgeRider

and the worst of it is KFC is the worst kind of death sentence food you can buy! Get these kids better food.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: RidgeRider on October 27, 2010, 02:14:04 AM
15 - 15 year olds at a a fast food joint, my sympathy to the wallet that funded that excursion!  Too bad about match loss but thanks for the report

and the worst of it is KFC is the worst kind of death sentence food you can buy! Get these kids better food.
Yeah Doner kebab next week   :54:

finnster01

Quality report as always Mr Daddy.

Please keep them coming. I love the stuff. :Sparkyticus:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

sipwell

Excellent report! It is funny to read that you actually seem to put the meeting hour some hours before the game as you have "plenty of time" before the game even though one of your players was at least a half an hour late :D That is efficient management!

Enjoy your next game! In Belgium youngsters get oranges at half time. Do you have the same tradition as well?
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

CorkedHat

My Grandson who is currently training with Arsenal lives in Stevenage and I assume if the Gunners don't sign him then Stevenage Borough probably will.
One day we could be on opposite teams, Mr Daddy, but in the interim I shall support Redbrick  :yay:
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

CorkedHat

Quote from: sipwell on October 27, 2010, 12:05:16 PM
Excellent report! It is funny to read that you actually seem to put the meeting hour some hours before the game as you have "plenty of time" before the game even though one of your players was at least a half an hour late :D That is efficient management!

Enjoy your next game! In Belgium youngsters get oranges at half time. Do you have the same tradition as well?

When I was playing sixty years ago we used to get oranges at half time. When I saw my Grandson play when I was over there a couple of years ago I didn't see any oranges but they seemed to be drinking sports drinks. If I was playing I would want a hot toddy in that bloody weather  :031:

TheDaddy

Oranges arrive at half time if we remember as it was tuesday i had to run to the cafe and get 15 bottles of water as the manager forgot.Also if Mrs manager turns up in the morning the boys get Sausage sarnies .
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

finnster01

Quote from: CorkedHat on October 27, 2010, 01:04:18 PM
My Grandson who is currently training with Arsenal lives in Stevenage and I assume if the Gunners don't sign him then Stevenage Borough probably will.
One day we could be on opposite teams, Mr Daddy, but in the interim I shall support Redbrick  :yay:
Mr CorkedHat,
Good luck to your grandson!! :yay:

However, if he is over 12 years old and lives in England I am not sure he fits Arsene Wenger's requirements...

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

jarv

Good job, good read.
The best (post match) drink I have had, this season, in the over 60 league in massachusetts against a bunch of Portugese guys. One of them produced a flask with espresso and sambuca, it was magnificent after the game. I guess your lads are a bit young for that.

CorkedHat

Quote from: finnster01 on October 27, 2010, 01:14:46 PM
Quote from: CorkedHat on October 27, 2010, 01:04:18 PM
Mr CorkedHat,
Good luck to your grandson!! :yay:

However, if he is over 12 years old and lives in England I am not sure he fits Arsene Wenger's requirements...

Tomorrow he celebrates his eleventh birthday. He has been running around with the Arsenal kids for a year now which shows you how early they can detect talent. I wonder if he'll go all the way with it, however, as only one in a thousand actually make it; but if he keeps up his current form he should be able to get a game with Stevenage Borough or some other lower League club. There again he might follow his granddad and discover that booze and women are infinitely more attractive and concentrate on them instead. :005:

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: TheDaddy on October 27, 2010, 01:14:33 PM

Oranges arrive at half time if we remember as it was tuesday i had to run to the cafe and get 15 bottles of water as the manager forgot.Also if Mrs manager turns up in the morning the boys get Sausage sarnies .
I might come and support if sausage sarnies are on offer  :dft012: