Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DevonFFC

Quote from: jelmo on July 11, 2019, 03:59:38 PM
Info on Cabral
https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-target-deal-for-exciting-attacker/

Anyone actually seen or heard of him before being linked? Interested to get someone's point of view

junior white

Quote from: Tabby on July 11, 2019, 04:02:49 PM
Googled the name and found a post to the Fulham subreddit from a Sporting fan from when the rumour started about a month ago.

QuoteJust some info about the player: he's a physically very strong player, that started the season extremely well as a super sub with Peseiro, but has lost importance in the team (some will say unfairly) with Keizer. He always seemed far more comfortable coming on as a sub (his impact was great in that role, lots of decisive goals and assists) than as a starter, where he'd rarely show up.

As a player he's a right footed left winger. Best qualities are his shooting ability (good in all aspects: long range, finishing close range, shooting with both feet; crossing is also quite good), his "sixth sense" to put himself in good positions to score, his physicality (dude's built like the ex-Porto player Hulk), and decent pace. His weaknesses are mainly down to his mediocre dribbiling ability / 1v1 success rate, just doesn't have the skills to pull it off, close control isn't great.

Sounds like a better version of Kamara to me.
Possibly, from what I understand he is a winger, where as AK is a striker who we play wide.

Tabby

In former Fulham player news, Jesse Joronen has moved to Brescia in the Serie A. He apparently turned Villa down.

Might be wise to bet on Rodak considering how well our former keepers are doing.

junior white

Quote from: Tabby on July 11, 2019, 04:10:07 PM
In former Fulham player news, Jesse Joronen has moved to Brescia in the Serie A. He apparently turned Villa down.

Might be wise to bet on Rodak considering how well our former keepers are doing.
Apparently moving for 5 million euros too, good move for him and both clubs i reckon

Statto

Quote from: Tabby on July 11, 2019, 04:10:07 PM

IIRC it was Joronen that Magath played in goal after our last relegation. Glad to see him doing well now. I felt really sorry for him and the young defender, Cameron Burgess, during that brief period. They were really out of their depth but it wasn't a reflection of their talent or effort.

FFC1987

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on July 11, 2019, 04:41:15 PM
Quote from: DevonFFC on July 11, 2019, 04:06:27 PM
Info on Cabral

Anyone actually seen or heard of him before being linked? Interested to get someone's point of view

Adama Traore is the best comparison I could make. He's quite strong and quick, but has a shall we say questionable end product.

if he's remotely like Traore, i'm excited. Exactly the kind of player we need.

The Rational Fan

Info on Cabral

Adama Traore is the best comparison I could make. He's quite strong and quick, but has a shall we say questionable end product.

Accroding to Fifa 19 stats, the most similar player is Helder Costa, Adama Traore, Ayite and Aluko are kind of close.

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 11, 2019, 04:42:11 PM
Info on Cabral

Bit of a mix of Traore and Aluko. The common theme of the two being they aren't exactly reliable end product wise. I think he'd be a good signing though, as long as it was in addition to another winger- and not the only winger.

FFC1987

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on July 11, 2019, 04:44:21 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on July 11, 2019, 04:42:11 PM
Info on Cabral

Bit of a mix of Traore and Aluko. The common theme of the two being they aren't exactly reliable end product wise. I think he'd be a good signing though, as long as it was in addition to another winger- and not the only winger.

Injecting pace into this side to provide and get in behind for Mitro is a massive step in the right direction. We get this guy and have Kamara in and around it, I think we'll do very well, especially against opposition that might sit back against us at times.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 11, 2019, 03:10:50 PM
Luke Garbutt going to Ipswich on loan. I remember when we loaned him as the next Baines and how that went.

Held himself in high esteem,and thought himself better than us when he was on loan.
Read at the time Everton fans saying he big head.
Want be the first prospect to slowly disappear of the scene.

FFC1987

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 11, 2019, 04:53:29 PM
Luke Garbutt going to Ipswich on loan. I remember when we loaned him as the next Baines and how that went.

Held himself in high esteem,and thought himself better than us when he was on loan.

Oh really? Didn't know that. just assumed he had hit air blown up him too soon. Always sad to hear younger players losing way due to attitude.

filham

So, none of us have seen or heard of him, he is from overseas, can't beat his marker, sounds like a risk to me with at least 6 months to acclimatise.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: LVBPT on July 11, 2019, 03:43:35 PM
Ive just been told that there is a signing being announced tonight. no name guarenteed but its likely Cabral.

would make sense as were in Portugal at the moment. watch this space

Was it him who had the medical this morning?
:022:😋

FFC1987

Quote from: filham on July 11, 2019, 04:56:00 PM
So, none of us have seen or heard of him, he is from overseas, can't beat his marker, sounds like a risk to me with at least 6 months to acclimatise.

Sporting have a good record of creating and nurturing talent though.

Ruleszz

Quote from: David I on July 11, 2019, 03:50:01 PM
Quote from: LVBPT on July 11, 2019, 03:43:35 PM
Ive just been told that there is a signing being announced tonight. no name guarenteed but its likely Cabral.

would make sense as were in Portugal at the moment. watch this space
There was another post (maybe further up this thread) about a twitter post with his face blocked out saying he couldn't wait to start for Fulham so you may be right?

Why must it be cabral if we in Portugal, he was spotted in the uk yesterday lol could of done the deal in Portugal dont make sense

St. Andrews White

Had no idea Garbutt was 26 too, been on loan his entire career. Feel a bit sorry for the lad never settling anywhere

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

The Rational Fan

Jovane Cabral is exactly the kind of player we need now before the preseason starts, because it means we have a matchday 18 for the first game and won't need deadline day signing to play on first day like Joe Bryan last season.

Matchday 18 (with 7 homegrown) against Barnsley: Betts, Rodak; Christie, Odoi, Mawson, MLM, Ream, Bryan; McDonald, Anguissa, Johason, Cairney; Jovane Cabral, Kamara, Fonte, Mitro, Kebano, Ayite

Additional Players (or their replacements): Fabri; Fossey, S.Sess, Djola, Edun; Cisse, Seri, Riley; Torres, Another CF and R.Sess

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 11, 2019, 04:58:37 PM

There'd be two or three Sporting players I'd want ahead of Cabral. Specifically Bruno Gaspar, Domingos Duarte and Iuri Medeiros- but he should still be good for us as long as it wasn't instead of going for a "big" signing like a Cavaleiro.

But anyway, let's hope it's actually true that there's an announcement tonight (and it's Cabral) before getting ahead of ourselves.

FFC1987

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on July 11, 2019, 05:10:35 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on July 11, 2019, 04:58:37 PM

There'd be two or three Sporting players I'd want ahead of Cabral. Specifically Bruno Gaspar, Domingos Duarte and Iuri Medeiros- but he should still be good for us as long as it wasn't instead of going for a "big" signing like a Cavaleiro.

But anyway, let's hope it's actually true that there's an announcement tonight (and it's Cabral) before getting ahead of ourselves.

true. I wonder where Cavaleiro ends up. I kinda thought the whole Mendes podcast mention was a bit of a shout out to fans that it was him we were getting.

very different subject but did Sako end up anywhere? I'd love to see him at fulham.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 11, 2019, 04:53:29 PM

He was very poor for us.