more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sting of the North

Quote from: Two Ton Ted on July 11, 2019, 01:30:07 PM
Unless we have a keeper who can catch a ball in the six yard box and a pair of centre halves who can head a ball away then we will not be bothering the promotion places, and to be honest I not sure we have either.

I'm not entirely sure our current keepers or centre halves fit that criteria.

Well, compared to our last season in the Championship, we have replaced Kalas with Mawson and MLM, and we have replaced Button with Fabri and Rodak. We finished third then, so maybe not out of the realm of possibilities that we may be bothering the promotion places?

Chutney

Quote from: Sting of the North on July 11, 2019, 01:47:32 PM
Unless we have a keeper who can catch a ball in the six yard box and a pair of centre halves who can head a ball away then we will not be bothering the promotion places, and to be honest I not sure we have either.

Well, compared to our last season in the Championship, we have replaced Kalas with Mawson and MLM, and we have replaced Button with Fabri and Rodak. We finished third then, so maybe not out of the realm of possibilities that we may be bothering the promotion places?

We haven't replaced Kalas with Mawson, Mawson doesn't, and never will play right side the centre backs. We only currently have Odoi that can play there.

We've also downgraded Targett to Bryan and Fredericks to Christie.

Our defence is worse then it was when we went up, significantly.
C O Y W

Hoppus

Quote from: Chutney on July 11, 2019, 01:58:54 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on July 11, 2019, 01:47:32 PM

We haven't replaced Kalas with Mawson, Mawson doesn't, and never will play right side the centre backs. We only currently have Odoi that can play there.

Spot on!

Sting of the North

Quote from: Chutney on July 11, 2019, 01:58:54 PM

Most centre backs can play either side if they get some time to get used to it. Mawson can use both feet well. The post a replied to talked about centre backs and goalies, not full backs. But to add my opinion, I disagree that we have downgraded on the left, as I have seen nothing suggesting that Targett is better than Bryan really. Agree that we have slightly downgraded on the right, but mostly going forward.

David I

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Chutney on July 11, 2019, 12:39:58 PM
Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on July 11, 2019, 12:34:44 PM
Quote from: Skatzoffc on July 11, 2019, 10:18:03 AM
Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on July 11, 2019, 09:41:51 AM
Quote from: Skatzoffc on July 11, 2019, 08:39:52 AM
The problem is we don't keep clean sheets.
We are hopeless at the back imo.
We concede first in most games, usually from the very first opposition corner.
This has been the same for FOUR seasons.

We need a class RCB and a new RB. Then we can concentrate on attack as midfield is fine.

History repeating itself again and again and again.
No wonder all our kids think we are a joke club and are leaving us.

Get it sorted.
COYW!

Well, that fact is completely made up, but ok.

Opposition scored against us first in 66% of games.
Only topped by Huddersfield at 74%

From Soccerstats.com

We have needed a CB for four seasons.
We got Mawson late in the window last season and he was unfit for most of it.
MLM makes 1-2 catastrophic errors in each game. Not all result in a goal, but against decent opposition generally do.
We can't defend corners or free kicks.
Half the time with give the ball away when it's our throw in.

We conceded more goals than any other top 6 team in our promotion year.
We got promoted to EPL purely on the fact we scored more than we conceded.

That's not what we need if we are to gain promotion and stay up.

COYW!

I think MLM will do fine in the Championship, his main errors are being sloppy in possession and in the Championship teams don't press as much as the EPL, so shouldn't be as bad. He is aggressive and will be up for the fight. I'd like to see how Mawson does in pre-season because he's supposed to be good in the air. Odoi and Ream not quite so reliable in the air, Odoi can actually jump quite high but he has an annoying habit of inexplicably ducking under a cross for some reason.

We just lost 3-1 to League 2 Cambridge UTD, MLM was at fault for two of their goals yet you think he'll be fine in the championship..... I'll have whatever your're drinking.

It's a friendly game, players aren't match fit and it's about building up fitness.

David I

Quote from: Maidstone Lee on July 11, 2019, 12:03:24 PM
Quote from: Skatzoffc on July 11, 2019, 10:18:03 AM
Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on July 11, 2019, 09:41:51 AM
Quote from: Skatzoffc on July 11, 2019, 08:39:52 AM
The problem is we don't keep clean sheets.
We are hopeless at the back imo.
We concede first in most games, usually from the very first opposition corner.
This has been the same for FOUR seasons.

We need a class RCB and a new RB. Then we can concentrate on attack as midfield is fine.

History repeating itself again and again and again.
No wonder all our kids think we are a joke club and are leaving us.

Get it sorted.
COYW!

Well, that fact is completely made up, but ok.

Opposition scored against us first in 66% of games.
Only topped by Huddersfield at 74%

From Soccerstats.com

We have needed a CB for four seasons.
We got Mawson late in the window last season and he was unfit for most of it.
MLM makes 1-2 catastrophic errors in each game. Not all result in a goal, but against decent opposition generally do.
We can't defend corners or free kicks.
Half the time with give the ball away when it's our throw in.

We conceded more goals than any other top 6 team in our promotion year.
We got promoted to EPL purely on the fact we scored more than we conceded.

That's not what we need if we are to gain promotion and stay up.

COYW!

Yet some people believe our current defence will be enough to see us through  064.gif 064.gif
Exactly...... what was it - 89 or 83 conceded in 38 games last year and that was including Chambers who came good as DM protecting the defence.
🤡

f321ffc

Quote from: St Eve on July 11, 2019, 02:49:01 AM
Rumors that we are closing in on Andy Carroll
That's good news😂 hopefully Mawson is back to full fitness that leaves a vacancy on the treatment table Carroll will be a permanent replacement there😂
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

FFC1987

Luke Garbutt going to Ipswich on loan. I remember when we loaned him as the next Baines and how that went.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: David I on July 11, 2019, 02:20:51 PM
Quote from: Maidstone Lee on July 11, 2019, 12:03:24 PM

Yet some people believe our current defence will be enough to see us through  064.gif 064.gif
Exactly...... what was it - 89 or 83 conceded in 38 games last year and that was including Chambers who came good as DM protecting the defence.
🤡

Mmm! we only "conceded one goal per game" against the bottom six teams in the second half of last premier season. If we continue to "only conceded one goal per game" against teams outside the top 13 premier league teams, then we will need to score around 79 goals to be promoted.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: f321ffc on July 11, 2019, 02:46:44 PM
Quote from: St Eve on July 11, 2019, 02:49:01 AM
Rumors that we are closing in on Andy Carroll
That's good news😂 hopefully Mawson is back to full fitness that leaves a vacancy on the treatment table Carroll will be a permanent replacement there😂

I hope these reports are as accurate as Mitro leaving for just about anywhere. As you say the rebuild will have to have an injury room just for AC based on his West Ham days. A No.9, (although a plan B for Mitro and a plan C for when he is out is needed), is a bit of a way down the list surely.

LVBPTS

Ive just been told that there is a signing being announced tonight. no name guarenteed but its likely Cabral.

would make sense as were in Portugal at the moment. watch this space
Supporter since 2000

David I

Quote from: LVBPT on July 11, 2019, 03:43:35 PM
Ive just been told that there is a signing being announced tonight. no name guarenteed but its likely Cabral.

There was another post (maybe further up this thread) about a twitter post with his face blocked out saying he couldn't wait to start for Fulham so you may be right?

FFC1987

Quote from: David I on July 11, 2019, 03:50:01 PM

There was another post (maybe further up this thread) about a twitter post with his face blocked out saying he couldn't wait to start for Fulham so you may be right?

A signing to get excited about? I know absolutely nothing about him

LVBPTS

i saw that and to be fair took it with a pinch of salt but i have just been told the announcement is tonight so logiclly it must be him

got to say, i know nothing about him though
Supporter since 2000

hovewhite

junior white

Quote from: hovewhite on July 11, 2019, 03:57:33 PM
Who's Cabral?
Jovane Cabral is a winger from Portugal think he is at Sporting

Tabby

Googled the name and found a post to the Fulham subreddit from a Sporting fan from when the rumour started about a month ago.

QuoteJust some info about the player: he's a physically very strong player, that started the season extremely well as a super sub with Peseiro, but has lost importance in the team (some will say unfairly) with Keizer. He always seemed far more comfortable coming on as a sub (his impact was great in that role, lots of decisive goals and assists) than as a starter, where he'd rarely show up.

As a player he's a right footed left winger. Best qualities are his shooting ability (good in all aspects: long range, finishing close range, shooting with both feet; crossing is also quite good), his "sixth sense" to put himself in good positions to score, his physicality (dude's built like the ex-Porto player Hulk), and decent pace. His weaknesses are mainly down to his mediocre dribbiling ability / 1v1 success rate, just doesn't have the skills to pull it off, close control isn't great.

Sounds like a better version of Kamara to me.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: LVBPT on July 11, 2019, 03:53:39 PM

i saw that and to be fair took it with a pinch of salt but i have just been told the announcement is tonight so logiclly it must be him

got to say, i know nothing about him though

"Jovane Cabral" is a younger version of Ayite from i can work out and so far without any official time off for injuries. He is also a lot like Ryan Sessegnon without his defensive skills.