Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ara's bacon crisps

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on July 15, 2019, 10:16:30 PM
Quote from: Ara's bacon crisps on July 15, 2019, 09:53:22 PM
Quote from: Camel Club on July 15, 2019, 07:08:19 PM
Sky Sports News also reporting that we are looking at Bristol City's Callum O'Dowda. Another left sided midfielder/winger?
I watched him a fair bit at Oxford before he went to Bristol City. For reasons I could never fathom, they used him mostly as a sub and he made a huge difference whenever he came on. Got decent pace, a great engine, a real grafter and chipped in with plenty of goals for a regular sub. The right sort of player to be going after imho and could be a cracking addition if used properly.

From speaking to a few Bristol City fans it sounds like he thinks he's much better than he is. They also said and I quote
"If you give us 8m for him your owner/chairman needs checking".
Well, he's only a Kidlington lad. Maybe the bright lights of Bristol have turned his head.

@jolslover

O'Dowda and Knockaert aren't on the same level - Knockaerts prem output is much better than O'Dowdas championship output and that's in a much tougher league
STH H3

David I

Quote from: Dodgin on July 15, 2019, 09:41:43 PM
Didn't we offer £3 Million for Dunk a few years ago
Something like that but short about 500k of asking price.... that would have been a shrewd investment.

wheelerdeeler

Think I said it a page or two ago when the Knockaert stuff came out, I'd really like us to try for another Irish Left-Winger in Robbie Brady. Would be Set-Pieces sorted, and he'd probably be available for the right price given Burnley are likely going to have McNeil and Gudmundsson as their first choice wingers.

Statto

Quote from: David I on July 16, 2019, 12:03:32 AM
Something like that but short about 500k of asking price.... that would have been a shrewd investment.

Mackintosh's typical negotiation technique...

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on July 16, 2019, 12:39:10 AM
Quote from: David I on July 16, 2019, 12:03:32 AM

Mackintosh's typical negotiation technique...

David Levy will make the same mistake this season and just miss out of Sess.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: @jolslover on July 15, 2019, 11:02:49 PM
O'Dowda and Knockaert aren't on the same level - Knockaerts prem output is much better than O'Dowdas championship output and that's in a much tougher league

Surely, O'Dowda is a long term replacement of Kebano and Knockaert is a replacement of Sess.

Mince n Tatties

Really?
Did you watch any Championship games last season?
I'd have O'Dowda any day before the Brighton lad.
This boys a good player grafter,and has something we lack,he can cross a ball.
If we can get him for around 6mill,he will be much better value imo.

Mince n Tatties

Talksh++ saying Swansea want Mawson back.
That want happen.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 16, 2019, 06:01:00 AM
Talksh++ saying Swansea want Mawson back.
That want happen.

I should cocoa, Talk Sh++ talk sh++.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Sir Craven

Quote from: Camel Club on July 15, 2019, 07:08:19 PM
Sky Sports News also reporting that we are looking at Bristol City's Callum O'Dowda. Another left sided midfielder/winger?

I reckon this could be a good signing as he played 2 seasons on the left flank with Joe Bryan at Brizzle.

filham

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 16, 2019, 05:51:27 AM

Really?

Well we have six players for our front three, Cave/Kebano,  Mitro/Fonte, and Kamara/Ayite.
That is looking pretty good to me, the weakness as is if Mitro is missing as Fonte is unlikely to be up to the task but Kamara and Ayite can do a job in that position.

Be an improvement if we could move Fonte on and get a good substitute striker like Peter Crouch for instance.

FFC1987

Quote from: filham on July 16, 2019, 10:26:36 AM

Really?

Well we have six players for our front three, Cave/Kebano,  Mitro/Fonte, and Kamara/Ayite.
That is looking pretty good to me, the weakness as is if Mitro is missing as Fonte is unlikely to be up to the task but Kamara and Ayite can do a job in that position.

Be an improvement if we could move Fonte on and get a good substitute striker like Peter Crouch for instance.

I'm of the opinion that Fonte was largely poor since joining us but I still think there's a technically gifted player there and maybe in a better team with pace around him, we could get more from him. I think he could be a bit of a luxury backup striker that most teams at this level won't have. On top of that we also have Taylor Crossdale whose an unknown quantity. Quick, strong and has scored goals at levels played in so could also be an unknown quality.

I do think we need more pace on wings (full backs mianly) still but we really aren't far off being quite a special team for this division.

DevonFFC

Sheffield United are set to enter contract talks with free agent Ravel Morrison.

Blast from the past and still only 26

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 16, 2019, 10:35:12 AM

Really?

I'm of the opinion that Fonte was largely poor since joining us but I still think there's a technically gifted player there and maybe in a better team with pace around him, we could get more from him. I think he could be a bit of a luxury backup striker that most teams at this level won't have. On top of that we also have Taylor Crossdale whose an unknown quantity. Quick, strong and has scored goals at levels played in so could also be an unknown quality.

I do think we need more pace on wings (full backs mianly) still but we really aren't far off being quite a special team for this division.

I don't see Fonte as a forward or a winger, more like a Gera playing just behind the forward or in Cairney's  current position. Think he may be a useful back up to Cairney moving forward but certainly not a starter.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Riversider

Spurs being linked with Gareth Bale , if this happens where does it leave Ryan Sessegnon ?

FFC1987

Quote from: Maidstone Lee on July 16, 2019, 01:07:59 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on July 16, 2019, 10:35:12 AM

Really?

I don't see Fonte as a forward or a winger, more like a Gera playing just behind the forward or in Cairney's  current position. Think he may be a useful back up to Cairney moving forward but certainly not a starter.

Fonte is a striker, always has been. he might do a job there or looked like potentially he could play there but hes a striker.

Lighthouse

Seri linked to a loan deal at Galatasaray in Turkey. Shame I wanted money for him now. Option to buy
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

jelmo

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 16, 2019, 04:31:32 PM
Seri linked to a loan deal at Galatasaray in Turkey. Shame I wanted money for him now. Option to buy

urgh. This would be a bit pointless from our perspective. We need some transfer cash to make our own signings.

junior white

Quote from: jelmo on July 16, 2019, 05:02:01 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on July 16, 2019, 04:31:32 PM

urgh. This would be a bit pointless from our perspective. We need some transfer cash to make our own signings.
Seri's agent said he was in Italy talking to clubs, they were perm deals from what i read. The club should not loan him, sells him or keep him