more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: Camel Club on July 15, 2019, 07:08:19 PM
Sky Sports News also reporting that we are looking at Bristol City's Callum O'Dowda. Another left sided midfielder/winger?

I would prefer a player like this to Knockaert! Go for it Mr Khan

Stoneleigh Loyalist

They want £8 million and we won't pay!

Ruleszz

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on July 15, 2019, 08:42:32 PM
I wouldn't pay that for him

grandad

Quote from: Ruleszz on July 15, 2019, 08:48:32 PM
I wouldn't pay that for him

With fees for Maguire £80 mil & Dunk £45 mil a fee of £8 mil is relatively peanuts.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Matt10

Proven championship player, and young, not to mention an international. Why not?

junior white

Agree, we don't need to be held to ransom. Proven? isn't it just one good season? I may have missed something though I admit that.

JimOG

Wouldn't pay anything like that. We need to ask simple questions now - 'Is Callum Premiership material"? Answer - not a hope. I've watched him a lot playing for Ireland and just wouldn't buy him. We really need to raise our sights - these are journeymen (albeit skilful)

DevonFFC

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on July 15, 2019, 09:14:34 PM
Quote from: mkras99 on July 15, 2019, 08:37:27 PM
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11763862/fulham-in-talks-to-sign-callum-odowda-from-bristol-city

Liking the fact that more and more links are coming out each day

Having just started listening to Peter Crouch pod cast and how on deadline day he messaged a reporter saying he saw a player at the spurs training ground and how it because breaking new and the whole thing was a joke, I take sky sports rumours very loosely

Marcel_Gecov

Incidentally a few seasons back we were in for Odowda and Lundstram from Oxford (as they were at the time ) they obviously went elsewhere. Intriguing weve gone back for him.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: JimOG on July 15, 2019, 09:16:06 PM
Wouldn't pay anything like that. We need to ask simple questions now - 'Is Callum Premiership material"? Answer - not a hope. I've watched him a lot playing for Ireland and just wouldn't buy him. We really need to raise our sights - these are journeymen (albeit skilful)

Ayite is probably the same standard, so no need to invest big in him. If we could broker a cheap deal, then fair enough.

Dodgin

Didn't we offer £3 Million for Dunk a few years ago

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Dodgin on July 15, 2019, 09:41:43 PM
Didn't we offer £3 Million for Dunk a few years ago

£45 million.....Games going potty.

Ara's bacon crisps

Sky Sports News also reporting that we are looking at Bristol City's Callum O'Dowda. Another left sided midfielder/winger?
I watched him a fair bit at Oxford before he went to Bristol City. For reasons I could never fathom, they used him mostly as a sub and he made a huge difference whenever he came on. Got decent pace, a great engine, a real grafter and chipped in with plenty of goals for a regular sub. The right sort of player to be going after imho and could be a cracking addition if used properly.

brightster

Fabian Delph signs 3-year deal at #efc, tells evertontv: "Every time I've played against Everton, whether home or away, straight away the first thing that comes to mind when you see the fans is passion. Hopefully we can push together, fans and players, to do something special" (From Henry Winter on Twitter), this could open the window for our target  Besic From there?

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: Ara's bacon crisps on July 15, 2019, 09:53:22 PM
I watched him a fair bit at Oxford before he went to Bristol City. For reasons I could never fathom, they used him mostly as a sub and he made a huge difference whenever he came on. Got decent pace, a great engine, a real grafter and chipped in with plenty of goals for a regular sub. The right sort of player to be going after imho and could be a cracking addition if used properly.

From speaking to a few Bristol City fans it sounds like he thinks he's much better than he is. They also said and I quote
"If you give us 8m for him your owner/chairman needs checking".

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: brightster on July 15, 2019, 10:03:45 PM
Fabian Delph signs 3-year deal at #efc, tells evertontv: "Every time I've played against Everton, whether home or away, straight away the first thing that comes to mind when you see the fans is passion. Hopefully we can push together, fans and players, to do something special" (From Henry Winter on Twitter), this could open the window for our target  Besic From there?

Considering Besic was on loan for all of last season, I doubt they have much interest in keeping him, even without Delph.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on July 15, 2019, 10:16:30 PM
Quote from: Ara's bacon crisps on July 15, 2019, 09:53:22 PM

From speaking to a few Bristol City fans it sounds like he thinks he's much better than he is. They also said and I quote
"If you give us 8m for him your owner/chairman needs checking".

I was having a shitter of a day.   You made it a little better. 082.gif

Barrett487

Ayite and Kebano have a lot to prove, however they were part of our successful championship team, so know what it's all about. If we sign no more wide players i won't be overly disappointed.

I know other FoFers want the elite squad, but familiarity,  understanding and history are good qualities.