Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rational Fan

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on June 16, 2019, 08:13:42 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 16, 2019, 06:48:25 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 16, 2019, 04:19:26 AM
If Fulham are to achieve 100 points and get promoted then there is work to be done. They will need stronger characters, a few Mavericks and Leaders. More Height, physicality and pace in the team, and players with hearts the size of a football, and a settled and balanced side.
Where is the evidence so far, and do not rely on TK, he couldn't build a sandcastle on Bondi beach, or sell a life belt to a drowning man.
You have to be less optimistic and more realistic. Misfortune weighs heavily on those that expect nothing but good fortune.

Damn Right, there is work to be done. ON THE TRAINING PITCH! and ON MATCHDAY! and THEY NEED TO TOUGHEN UP!

The players are good enough, if Seri puts his mind to it he can be better than Norwood (i.e. PFA team of the year).

In fact 7 players: Betts, Mawson, Bryan, Anguissa, Seri, Cairney and Mitrovoic are all good enough for PFA team of the Year.

With another 9 players: Rodak, Christie, Odoi, Ream, MLM, McDonald, Johansen, Kamara and Atiye should be Championship ready.

Plus whatever we can get with the sale of the Sessegnon Twins and any youth coming though.

RATIONAL: based on or in accordance with reason or logic.
synonyms:   logical, reasoned, well reasoned, sensible, reasonable, cogent, coherent, intelligent, wise, judicious, sagacious, astute, shrewd, perceptive, enlightened, clear-eyed, clear-sighted, common-sense, well advised, well grounded, sound, sober, prudent, circumspect.

Mmmmmm! I don't think so!
Yet again, none of the above apply to so many of your comments!

OK, get specific.

Which player "IF THEY WORK HARD ON THE TRAINING PITCH" out of Betts, Mawson, Bryan, Anguissa, Seri, Cairney and Mitrovoic is not capable of having a season as good as Norwood's 18/19 season?

I am not saying they will make "PFA Team of the Year" only that i believe seven players are good enough if they apply themselves.

Here are some clear reasons.
Betts - the second half of 17/18 season just needs to be matched all season and PFA team of the year is a possibility.
Cairney - made PFA Team of the season twice and he did that in seasons where he wasn't even fit all season.
Mitrovoic - if he can play his next 45 matches in the championship as well as his last 15 games in the Championship, PFA Player of the Year is His.
Mawson - he has played for England and is at an age that defenders should be improving, he could be the best centre back in the league.
Bryan - according to statistics the second best championship left wing back in the Championship of 17/18 and could improve.
Seri - his season of 16/17 in Ligue 1 was superior to anything ever produced by Oliver Norwood who made team of the year.
Anguissa - his best performances for Marseille, Cameroon and Fulham would demand PFA Team of the Year, he jsut needs to be consistently good.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 16, 2019, 09:09:49 AM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on June 16, 2019, 08:13:42 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 16, 2019, 06:48:25 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 16, 2019, 04:19:26 AM
If Fulham are to achieve 100 points and get promoted then there is work to be done. They will need stronger characters, a few Mavericks and Leaders. More Height, physicality and pace in the team, and players with hearts the size of a football, and a settled and balanced side.
Where is the evidence so far, and do not rely on TK, he couldn't build a sandcastle on Bondi beach, or sell a life belt to a drowning man.
You have to be less optimistic and more realistic. Misfortune weighs heavily on those that expect nothing but good fortune.

Damn Right, there is work to be done. ON THE TRAINING PITCH! and ON MATCHDAY! and THEY NEED TO TOUGHEN UP!

The players are good enough, if Seri puts his mind to it he can be better than Norwood (i.e. PFA team of the year).

In fact 7 players: Betts, Mawson, Bryan, Anguissa, Seri, Cairney and Mitrovoic are all good enough for PFA team of the Year.

With another 9 players: Rodak, Christie, Odoi, Ream, MLM, McDonald, Johansen, Kamara and Atiye should be Championship ready.

Plus whatever we can get with the sale of the Sessegnon Twins and any youth coming though.

RATIONAL: based on or in accordance with reason or logic.
synonyms:   logical, reasoned, well reasoned, sensible, reasonable, cogent, coherent, intelligent, wise, judicious, sagacious, astute, shrewd, perceptive, enlightened, clear-eyed, clear-sighted, common-sense, well advised, well grounded, sound, sober, prudent, circumspect.

Mmmmmm! I don't think so!
Yet again, none of the above apply to so many of your comments!

OK, get specific.

Which player "IF THEY WORK HARD ON THE TRAINING PITCH" out of Betts, Mawson, Bryan, Anguissa, Seri, Cairney and Mitrovoic is not capable of having a season as good as Norwood's 18/19 season?

I am not saying they will make "PFA Team of the Year" only that i believe seven players are good enough if they apply themselves.

Here are some clear reasons.
Betts - the second half of 17/18 season just needs to be matched all season and PFA team of the year is a possibility.
Cairney - made PFA Team of the season twice and he did that in seasons where he wasn't even fit all season.
Mitrovoic - if he can play his next 45 matches in the championship as well as his last 15 games in the Championship, PFA Player of the Year is His.
Mawson - he has played for England and is at an age that defenders should be improving, he could be the best centre back in the league.
Bryan - according to statistics the second best championship left wing back in the Championship of 17/18 and could improve.
Seri - his season of 16/17 in Ligue 1 was superior to anything ever produced by Oliver Norwood who made team of the year.
Anguissa - his best performances for Marseille, Cameroon and Fulham would demand PFA Team of the Year, he jsut needs to be consistently good.

Just a couple of points, not a long debate as I have to get on with my day.
Having to tell an international player to"Toughen up" at this stage in his career is not a cogent argument towards winning ways.
Expecting certain players to reproduce their "promotion form 2 seasons on is not reasonable or astute.
Basing what a player can do for you in English football on what he achieved in a foreign league is not wise or judicious.

The Rational Fan

It seems FFC are looking to buy Adam Forshaw; and sell both Seri and Anguissa to pay for him. Big mistake if you ask me.

Fulham FC will get so little profit from Seri and Anguissa, it's better to keep them and not buy Adam Forshaw. ROAD TO RUIN.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 16, 2019, 11:08:25 AM
It seems FFC are looking to buy Adam Forshaw; and sell both Seri and Anguissa to pay for him.

Big mistake if you ask me, we get so little profit from Seri and Anguissa better to keep them and not buy Adam Forshaw.

Surely not!
These players were bought for our future, or so we were told?
But then again we were also told to expect multiple signings in Jan to improve the squad!

David I

Quote from: hovewhite on June 15, 2019, 01:04:49 PM
TK for his faults picking players,from seeing the fees he's got in from player sales then this is a strength So can't see Mitro going without a profit for the club.
Mitroglu, Jozabed, Anguissa Seri profitable? (Just to name a few!), #JUSTSAYIN

The Rational Fan

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on June 16, 2019, 11:02:27 AM
Having to tell an international player to"Toughen up" at this stage in his career is not a cogent argument towards winning ways.
Expecting certain players to reproduce their "promotion form 2 seasons on is not reasonable or astute.
Basing what a player can do for you in English football on what he achieved in a foreign league is not wise or judicious.

Some players will Toughen UP. I saw evidence that Anguissa was toughening up at the end of last season.

Some players will produce their form from 18 months ago. I think Betts and Cairney can perform.

Sometimes overseas performance can predict English Performance. Wolves bring in overseas player can work.

I would point out the only alternative to "trusting these players" is "selling these players and using the tiny profits to buy cheap new players".

Matt10

Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 16, 2019, 11:08:25 AM
It seems FFC are looking to buy Adam Forshaw; and sell both Seri and Anguissa to pay for him. Big mistake if you ask me.

Fulham FC will get so little profit from Seri and Anguissa, it's better to keep them and not buy Adam Forshaw. ROAD TO RUIN.

I tend to agree. I would like to see how Seri and Anguissa do in their second year with the club and this environment. I can Seri leaving though, which would leave me wondering if Anguissa wants out too.

All a bit too up in the air right now. Hopefully we can get some deals across the table in the next couple of weeks.

RaySmith

I have a feeling that we could see one, or both of Seri and Anguisa,, featuring in the Championship for us, at least for a time.

Bryan Ruiz stayed at the club after relegation, probably not by his or the club's  choice, though didn't play regularly until Kit became manager.

Penfold

Quote from: RaySmith on June 16, 2019, 12:06:05 PM
I have a feeling that we could see one, or both of Seri and Anguisa,, featuring in the Championship for us, at least for a time.

Bryan Ruiz stayed at the club after relegation, probably not by his or the club's  choice, though didn't play regularly until Kit became manager.

Bryan only stayed as none of the clubs interested in signing him were prepared to pay the fee Fulham wanted. He didn't feature during August as we were hoping to sell him.

Woolly Mammoth

Anguisa and Seri have got to do a lot better to convince me they can hack it in the Championship.
Neither of them punch their weight or lead by example, body language shows weak character because they seem to not fancy a battle when the going gets tough. Expensive passengers if their attitude does not improve. I would rather see them sold now, if we make a loss, that shows how much Fulham overpaid for them, they are another pair of expensive mistakes.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 16, 2019, 12:14:29 PM
Anguisa and Seri have got to do a lot better to convince me they can hack it in the Championship.
Neither of them punch their weight or lead by example, body language shows weak character because they seem to not fancy a battle when the going gets tough. Expensive passengers if their attitude does not improve. I would rather see them sold now, if we make a loss, that shows how much Fulham overpaid for them, they are another pair of expensive mistakes.

If we sell Sessegnon for £20m profit, sell Seri for £20m loss, sell Mitrovoic for £10m profit and sell Anguissa for £10m loss, then we have sold four players and raised £0m.

ROAD TO RUIN. Selling Anguissa, Seri, Sessegnon and Mitrovoic without raising any money buy replacements. No wonder nearly ever team that has bounced back up hasn't sold many players. The worst time to sell a player is after relegation when his value is lowest and its also the worst time to buy cause players are scared its a sinking ship.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 16, 2019, 12:50:37 PM

If we sell Sessegnon for £20m profit, Seri for £20m loss, Mitrovoic for £10m profit and Anguissa for £10m loss, then we have sold four players with £0m to buy new players.

ROAD TO RUIN. I'd prefer to give them a chance to get us out of the league than rely on kids to get us out of the Championship.

Then if the club takes your road, which is more of a dirt track with enough potholes for Fulhams wheels to come off, and the AA will not rescue them as having TK in his position disqualifies them and make Fulham exempt. It will be the mother of bumpy rides end with a multiple car crash with TK at the wheel. Plenty of three point turns to delay progress, the only good news for you is you will not be in any danger breaking the speed limit, more middle of the road delaying the traffic behind you, with your passengers in the back seat like Seri and Zambo to name but two, counting the days down to when they can jump ship.
As my Road will have fresh tarmac and unlike your un made road full of nails to puncture progress, there will be no yellow lines depicting a weak backbone. No red lines either, it will be a one way street with every player heading in the right direction, there will be no U turns. Mine will be a smooth ride with no traffic.
You will also lose your licence for driving a three wheeler without due care and attention and without an MOT.
The last thing you will see is my exhaust fumes way ahead in front of you accelerating in the distance.
Leaving you to fall off the back of your lorry, as you will be running on empty.
Happy Fathers Day. 🍺

Never forget your Roots.

AnOldBrownie

Ho hum....no movement...another week gone.

Sess and Mitro ...

Are the odds stronger now that they stay or they go?

Mitro has to be let go and I don't see why the Khan's would do it.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 16, 2019, 01:10:31 PM

If we sell Sessegnon for £20m profit, Seri for £20m loss, Mitrovoic for £10m profit and Anguissa for £10m loss, then we have sold four players with £0m to buy new players.

ROAD TO RUIN. I'd prefer to give them a chance to get us out of the league than rely on kids to get us out of the Championship.

Then if the club takes your road, which is more of a dirt track with enough potholes for Fulhams wheels to come off, and the AA will not rescue them as having TK in his position disqualifies them and make Fulham exempt. It will be the mother of bumpy rides end with a multiple car crash with TK at the wheel. Plenty of three point turns to delay progress, the only good news for you is you will not be in any danger breaking the speed limit, more middle of the road delaying the traffic behind you, with your passengers in the back seat like Seri and Zambo to name but two, counting the days down to when they can jump ship.
As my Road will have fresh tarmac and unlike your un made road full of nails to puncture progress, there will be no yellow lines depicting a weak backbone. No red lines either, it will be a one way street with every player heading in the right direction, there will be no U turns. Mine will be a smooth ride with no traffic.
You will also lose your licence for driving a three wheeler without due care and attention and without an MOT.
The last thing you will see is my exhaust fumes way ahead in front of you accelerating in the distance.
Leaving you to fall off the back of your lorry, as you will be running on empty.
Happy Fathers Day. 🍺

You're road maybe a fresh tarmac, but if your paying for it with the sales of Seri and Anguissa, the road will only be just long enough for a cricket pitch.

Milo

Think the writing was on the wall with Seri after he didn't play in those final few months.

I think Anguissa and Mitrovic need to stay.

I think Sess will go.

All in all not too disastrous.

New right back, new winger, "go again".

elgreenio

Happy Fathers Day. 🍺

you ok Woolly?  :62:

on topic I'm still hoping Seri stays, i'd back him to be our player of the year next year
touch my camera through the fence

Chutney

Quote from: RaySmith on June 16, 2019, 12:06:05 PM

Seri/Anguissa don't owe us anything and likely don't want to stay and play in the championship. If they get the chance to leave they will.
C O Y W

RaySmith

But will they get the chance to leave - if Fulham don't agree terms with interested clubs?

I think it possible that both could do well if they stay, which I doubt they want to, but maybe won't have much choice. it would obviously be in their own interests to do well, if they have to stay.

Matt10

I like the rumour of Leo Bonatini a lot. He scored 12 goals for Wolves in our promotion season. That was his first season in the Championship too. Wish we had snagged him in January instead of Forest this past season. Think he would be a solid replacement for Mitro as well. Hope this is more than a rumour because I would absolutely love him as a signing.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: elgreenio on June 16, 2019, 03:22:22 PM

Happy Fathers Day. 🍺

you ok Woolly?  :62:

on topic I'm still hoping Seri stays, i'd back him to be our player of the year next year

Unfortunately I am feeling terrible elgreenio but thanks for asking. I hope you are right about Seri as it will mean another problem solved.

Never forget your Roots.