Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: KJS on June 06, 2019, 07:29:55 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 06, 2019, 05:19:14 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 06, 2019, 01:18:17 AM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on June 05, 2019, 08:50:12 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on June 04, 2019, 04:15:11 PM
Quote from: sarnian on June 04, 2019, 03:59:12 PM
I think Bryan is actually better than Targett whose weakness for Southampton was highlighted a couple of times on MOTD. I would have thought a swap of Bryan and Ritchie of Newcastle more likely than Targett.

See, I keep seeing stuff saying Richie is leaving, but the Newcastle fans are adamant he's staying and is nailing that full back role. Targett got a lot of praise towards the back end of the season on different shows so I'm surprised he's being mentioned as a vocal point of weakness in that Saints lineup. I think our full backs had way more criticisms levied at them than Targett to be honest.

There were two goals conceded by our defense the I think were explicitly do to Joe B. looking like he didn't know how to mark a player.

Not saying Joe won't be good enough in the championship.   I just think Matt Targett has a higher ceiling than Joe. (defensively)

Fulham's biggest weakness is someone down our right side and making a cross to the our left side with a goalie (Rico) that cannot catch, a short LB (Bryan) and midfield aerial cover of Seri, placing too much aerial defensive work for a decent but not brilliant 6 foot defender
You make some good observations which I concur.
However, you have actually overlooked the actual nailed on biggest weakness of all which is TK, and there is where the problems lay.

Another dig at TK from an extinct beast!!!

Warning ! Warning ! Alien Alert.
Nurse Nurse Billy No Mates is out of bed again.
By the way your the second biggest weakness Grass Hopper.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

FFC1987

I think Bryan is actually better than Targett whose weakness for Southampton was highlighted a couple of times on MOTD. I would have thought a swap of Bryan and Ritchie of Newcastle more likely than Targett.

See, I keep seeing stuff saying Richie is leaving, but the Newcastle fans are adamant he's staying and is nailing that full back role. Targett got a lot of praise towards the back end of the season on different shows so I'm surprised he's being mentioned as a vocal point of weakness in that Saints lineup. I think our full backs had way more criticisms levied at them than Targett to be honest.

There were two goals conceded by our defense the I think were explicitly do to Joe B. looking like he didn't know how to mark a player.

Not saying Joe won't be good enough in the championship.   I just think Matt Targett has a higher ceiling than Joe. (defensively)

I'm certain Bryan is more than capable of excelling in the championship. But I'm not buying Bryan is better than Targett and that he was criticised a lot when you look at Bryans turnout/output last season. I actually saw progression from Targett, he's bulked out and looks fitter and even scored a header!

Mince n Tatties

Radio saying we're after Leandro Trossard of Genk.

junior white

Trossard is a very promising player and according to sports analysts in Belgium very likely to go to Germany if he leaves Genk in the summer

wheelerdeeler

We're not signing Trossard. Would probably be about 20m, and I've seen Arsenal and Gladbach in for him. If we're looking at Genk forwards, I'd be all over Mbwana Samatta if we sell Mitrovic.

KJS

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 06, 2019, 08:04:24 AM

Fulham's biggest weakness is someone down our right side and making a cross to the our left side with a goalie (Rico) that cannot catch, a short LB (Bryan) and midfield aerial cover of Seri, placing too much aerial defensive work for a decent but not brilliant 6 foot defender
However, you have actually overlooked the actual nailed on biggest weakness of all which is TK, and there is where the problems lay.

And you are still a total Richard Cranium!

snarks

Well Michael Vorm has just been released. Now he's a GK worth having on the books

Burt

Quote from: KJS on June 07, 2019, 03:00:18 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 06, 2019, 08:04:24 AM

And you are still a total Richard Cranium!

OI!! YOU TWO!! BEHAVE!!![/b]

wheelerdeeler

Seen a couple of things on Twitter suggesting we're close to signing Joseph Attamah who's a Centre-Back (who can play DM) for Basaksehir.

Not sure I'd be that keen on him as a starter, but we can do worse as an option. Major downside to me is he could be going to AFCON with Ghana.

Could also be complete nonsense of course.

JoelH5

May have been posted but Sky reporting Sess has turned down a contract.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Re Joseph Attaman -is that genuine or a rehash of our failed bid in January?

wheelerdeeler

Small sentence in this article about AK47 coming back that says we've got a 600k offer from Royal Antwerp for Cisse.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9247625/aboubakar-kamara-fulham-scott-parker/

Barrett487

https://www.les-transferts.com/rumeur-mercato/las-roma-vise-rodrigo-et-zambo.html

Rodrigo and Zambo Anguissa could join AS Roma.

With the departure of Daniele De Rossi and that of Edin Dzeko , the leaders of AS Roma would multiply the tracks for this summer.

Indeed, in attack, the Giallorossi would greatly appreciate Rodrigo, the scorer of Valencia, author of 15 goals and 10 assists in all competitions, according to Sport.

An offer of 70 million euros is also mentioned, as a nice increase in salary.

Regarding the position of midfielder, the management of the Louve club is planning to bring André-Franck Zambo-Anguissa out of his galley in London.

According to  CalcioMercatoWeb, the Cameroon international Fulham who does not want to evolve in Championship, is in a good position on the Italian shelves.

BernieBoy

With a number of players out of contract this summer, there are a few I would consider if they would be willing to step down for a year and be part of a promotion charge. That and obviously have realistic wage demands.

Adrian
Sako
Jagielka
Simpson
Okazaki
Diame
Britos
Pugh

FFC1987

Barrett487

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/derby-and-fulham-to-battle-premier-league-pair-for-25-y-o/

DERBY AND FULHAM TO BATTLE PREMIER LEAGUE PAIR FOR 25-Y/O

Derby County and Fulham are looking to bring in Todd Kane, although they face competition for the right-back from newly-promoted Premier League pair Sheffield United and Aston Villa.

That's according to Football Insider who state that the four clubs are all interested in the 25-year-old who will be a free agent when his contract at Chelsea expires at the end of the month.

Kane has been with the Blues since he was a kid but has yet to make an appearance for the Londoners, who have sent him out on loan regularly over the years.

His latest spell away from Stamford Bridge came at Hull last season, with the full-back making 39 league appearances for Nigel Adkins side and he impressed with his displays on the whole.

Now it's down to Kane to decide where his future lies and the Blades and Villa will feel they have the edge by offering top-flight football to the player.

However, Kane knows Lampard from his time with Chelsea an the Rams will hope that can be a factor.

The Verdict

On a free transfer you have to say that Kane would be a smart signing for any of the four clubs and you can see why they are interested.

After so many loan spells you would imagine that the versatile 25-year-old wants to find somewhere where he can stay for the long-term so it's a very big decision from his perspective.

The appeal of the Premier League could make it tough for Derby and Fulham, although you could argue first-team football is more likely in the Championship so it will be interesting to see where he ends up.

sarnian

All these websites that you find on News Now are a joke. Apparently we are going to loan out Mitro for £2m. Anyone who believes that must have a screw loose.  :dead horse:

Barrett487

Quote from: sarnian on June 08, 2019, 10:36:35 PM
All these websites that you find on News Now are a joke. Apparently we are going to loan out Mitro for £2m. Anyone who believes that must have a screw loose.  :dead horse:
I would remind you that this a rumour thread, intended to promote discussion. Don't shoot the messenger. If you think that all the rumours are rubbish avoid this thread.

wheelerdeeler

It's just reporting a link that's come out of Turkey. The other side to that is the big three (Fenerbahce, Galatasaray, Besiktas) in Turkey are linked with genuinely about 100 players every summer and about three come off. Fenerbahce especially are in I think something like 600 million euros worth of debt and the Lira's crashing/crashed, so they have to do things on the cheap. Which is why last summer they left everything to the last minute and ended up with Slimani and Andre Ayew on loan (and they don't even have the Europa/Champions League next season).

Hoppus

Quote from: Barrett487 on June 08, 2019, 10:41:05 PM
I would remind you that this a rumour thread, intended to promote discussion. Don't shoot the messenger. If you think that all the rumours are rubbish avoid this thread.

So true! Keep up the good work!