watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

I got 12/6d a week at his age for my paper round.
Great bag fill of broadsheets and a "Spic and  Span" for the weirdo at no 28.😁

Sting of the North

Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 18, 2019, 09:35:31 AM
Quote from: Sting of the North on June 18, 2019, 09:00:00 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 18, 2019, 08:40:17 AM
Quote from: grandad on June 18, 2019, 08:31:52 AM
Elliott wants 10 k a week. What on earth is a 16 yo going to spend it on? Not old enough to drive, drink, shave. I see him going down the slippery slope to oblivion.

If he'd sign a five year contract that he couldn't get out cause he's a kid, i'd recommend paying him double that.

He can't sign a five year contract due to his age.

So whats the choice, is it "if we don't pay Elliott £520k next season we'll lose him now, if we do then we'll lose just after his 17th Birthday for free".

No, that's not it since we don't know the numbers. We can choose how much we are prepared to pay him now for the next year, whatever that sum may be. If he disagrees he is gone. He could also have non-financial reasons to want to move, and may be gone even if we offer him stupid amounts.

Then we have the same procedure next year if he stays, with the opportunity for us to offer an actual professional contract up to three years (like the ones the Sessegnon's and Matt O'Riley signed, with Steven Sess having already signed another extension). So, in short yes, he can opt to leave this year and he can do the same next year. If he goes abroad we will get basically nothing at all in compensation. This is not at all in the hands of the club, other than that they have a few more days to convince him by whatever means. 

junior white

Quote from: Sting of the North on June 18, 2019, 10:01:05 AM
Elliott wants 10 k a week. What on earth is a 16 yo going to spend it on? Not old enough to drive, drink, shave. I see him going down the slippery slope to oblivion.

If he'd sign a five year contract that he couldn't get out cause he's a kid, i'd recommend paying him double that.

So whats the choice, is it "if we don't pay Elliott £520k next season we'll lose him now, if we do then we'll lose just after his 17th Birthday for free".

No, that's not it since we don't know the numbers. We can choose how much we are prepared to pay him now for the next year, whatever that sum may be. If he disagrees he is gone. He could also have non-financial reasons to want to move, and may be gone even if we offer him stupid amounts.

Then we have the same procedure next year if he stays, with the opportunity for us to offer an actual professional contract up to three years (like the ones the Sessegnon's and Matt O'Riley signed, with Steven Sess having already signed another extension). So, in short yes, he can opt to leave this year and he can do the same next year. If he goes abroad we will get basically nothing at all in compensation. This is not at all in the hands of the club, other than that they have a few more days to convince him by whatever means.
Just to clarify i said the 10k was a rumour floating around. But due to his age the longest deal we can offer is a 3 year contract i believe.

bill taylors apprentice

It seems to me there has been a group of promising youngsters coming through for quite a few seasons now.
Ever since we lost to "that team" in the FA youth cup final some years ago the expectation has been that we have talented youngsters and its only a matter of time before some make the first team.
There's been sporadic break through's but it hasn't really happened to our benefit apart from Demble and Sess.
Adenirian, Edun, Williams, Grimmer, Kavanagh, Christensen to name a few have all failed to make the grade at Championship level.
Now there are new names in the group of potential youngsters who are failing to break through so maybe they have talent but the clubs producing players who play nice thoughtful football but lack the spark to make the grade?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Sting of the North on June 18, 2019, 10:01:05 AM

If Harvey Elliott becomes £100 million player, how much will QPR get for developing him from a kid to 15 years old?

Sting of the North

Quote from: junior white on June 18, 2019, 10:15:01 AM
Just to clarify i said the 10k was a rumour floating around. But due to his age the longest deal we can offer is a 3 year contract i believe.

I don't think we can offer him a 3 year contract until he is 17, which is next spring. In order to get something financially out of this, we will have to convince him to stay for a year and then convince him to sign a contract next year.

junior white

Quote from: Sting of the North on June 18, 2019, 11:06:39 AM

I don't think we can offer him a 3 year contract until he is 17, which is next spring. In order to get something financially out of this, we will have to convince him to stay for a year and then convince him to sign a contract next year.
Yuen's my mistake i thought he was 17

Mince n Tatties

Frank Ribery to Sheff Utd is being rumoured.

Nero

isn't there rules around under 18s moving abroad, isn't that what Chelsea got done for.

David I

Quote from: Nero on June 18, 2019, 01:21:27 PM

isn't there rules around under 18s moving abroad, isn't that what Chelsea got done for.
The work around is something to do with migration, EU member states and both his parents are originally from Spain.
Nothing will happen until he is back from holibobs with his family in Portugal.

Riversider

Sting of the North

Quote from: Riversider on June 19, 2019, 12:15:46 AM
Score update
QPR 3
Fulham 0

Hopefully we will at least go for far better players. They are not looking like they aim for the PL with those transfers, to put it kindly.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Sting of the North on June 19, 2019, 07:34:22 AM
Score update
QPR 3
Fulham 0

Hopefully we will at least go for far better players. They are not looking like they aim for the PL with those transfers, to put it kindly.

The keeper is highly rated,don't know why he chose Ha Ha's as Celtic,WBA and Leipzig were in for him.

Jem

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 19, 2019, 07:55:36 AM
Quote from: Sting of the North on June 19, 2019, 07:34:22 AM
Score update
QPR 3
Fulham 0

The keeper is highly rated,don't know why he chose Ha Ha's as Celtic,WBA and Leipzig were in for him.

London and the hope that he might play for the Toffs up the road one day.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

Sting of the North

Or maybe the interest from the other clubs was not that high, or they saw him as mainly a back up? I will confess though that I know nothing about him other than him having played in the SPL. Any way I see no real indications that he a future star, but you never know, especially with goalies.

My point was however more that I rather us get good players than early transfers, and I wouldn't really start to worry for a few weeks yet. Even though some transfers happen every day, it is still early in the window with low visible activity for most teams.

Lots of internal pieces for Fulham to put into place (who stays, who leaves, how to convince the youngsters) that may greatly impact our activity on the transfer market. One would at least hope that they are hard at work figuring stuff out. 

Chutney

Tony Khan is still in the USA on business with AEW, we won't do any business until he returns. No point us getting our panties in a bunch until then, nothing we can do without him.
C O Y W

Mince n Tatties

Charlie Adam having a medical.

JoelH5

I was there, standing in the Putney end

Sting of the North

Quote from: Chutney on June 19, 2019, 02:55:01 PM
Tony Khan is still in the USA on business with AEW, we won't do any business until he returns. No point us getting our panties in a bunch until then, nothing we can do without him.

Surely they have both email and phones in the United States?  Or is TK also conducting any medicals himself, since that might actually require him to be physically present?

Chutney

Quote from: Sting of the North on June 19, 2019, 03:53:38 PM
Quote from: Chutney on June 19, 2019, 02:55:01 PM

Surely they have both email and phones in the United States?  Or is TK also conducting any medicals himself, since that might actually require him to be physically present?

I'm not sure how people can expect him to do anything while he's away with AEW, its a full time job, until he's back he won't realistically have any time for transfer business, and nothing can be signed off without him. Its not like he's away on a relaxing break and can take calls regarding something else, he is working setting up a brand new company from scratch.

There is no point us even speculating until he's back, nothing can be done until then due to our system. He is required to approve and sign off all transfers, and scouting/stats all come under him.
C O Y W