Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sting of the North

Quote from: Chutney on June 19, 2019, 03:57:16 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on June 19, 2019, 03:53:38 PM
Quote from: Chutney on June 19, 2019, 02:55:01 PM
Tony Khan is still in the USA on business with AEW, we won't do any business until he returns. No point us getting our panties in a bunch until then, nothing we can do without him.

Surely they have both email and phones in the United States?  Or is TK also conducting any medicals himself, since that might actually require him to be physically present?

I'm not sure how people can expect him to do anything while he's away with AEW, its a full time job, until he's back he won't realistically have any time for transfer business, and nothing can be signed off without him. Its not like he's away on a relaxing break and can take calls regarding something else, he is working setting up a brand new company from scratch.

There is no point us even speculating until he's back, nothing can be done until then due to our system. He is required to approve and sign off all transfers, and scouting/stats all come under him.

So you mean that not only is it not possible for TK to work on more than one thing at a time, but him not being in the UK also means that no other person involved in transfers can do anything? I don't think that TK is personally doing everything from actual data analysis to scouting to every single part of negotiations for every inbound and outbound transfer.

This is surely complete nonsense. I mean, it is of course possible that TK is completely ignoring FFC at the moment, but that is obviously not because it would be impossible for a person to work on multiple projects simultaneously. And again, things can be handled remotely, this goes also for approvals and sign offs.

Lastly, regardless of the above, why would we not speculate in the meantime?

wheelerdeeler

Tony Khan is still in the USA on business with AEW, we won't do any business until he returns. No point us getting our panties in a bunch until then, nothing we can do without him.

Surely they have both email and phones in the United States?  Or is TK also conducting any medicals himself, since that might actually require him to be physically present?

I'm not sure how people can expect him to do anything while he's away with AEW, its a full time job, until he's back he won't realistically have any time for transfer business, and nothing can be signed off without him. Its not like he's away on a relaxing break and can take calls regarding something else, he is working setting up a brand new company from scratch.

There is no point us even speculating until he's back, nothing can be done until then due to our system. He is required to approve and sign off all transfers, and scouting/stats all come under him.

AEW is far from a full time job at the moment. They're running one show a month until they start their weekly TV in October/November and they don't have another "major" show until the end of August. I know they might have sponsor meetings etc. but there's already a network around him for talent relations etc. so that it's not going to take up Tony Khan's whole life.

It's also interesting how you're assuming he's a one man band of sorts when people like Scott Parker and Brian Talbot will be almost as involved, if not as involved when it comes to talent identification. Plus, he does have a phone. He doesn't have to be in at Motspur Park welcoming a potential signing through the door. In fact, isn't the main criticism of Tony Khan that he "does everything" with regard to signings on a computer?

Statto

This issue crossed my mind yesterday when I saw his Steve Austin (yes, the wrestler) post on social media.

I notice he now describes himself as our "owner", which is odd in itself, but also he refers to himself as the boss of the Jaguars, his AEW wrestling business, his data analytics business and some other music/events business.

So not only do we have a DoF who substantially zero relevant skills or experience, but also a DoF who's likely only allocating a relatively small portion of time to the role.

you couldn't make it up

Milo

You would think if you knew relatively nothing about a subject you'd at least spend all your time getting to know it!

hovewhite

Quote from: Milo on June 19, 2019, 04:48:22 PM
You would think if you knew relatively nothing about a subject you'd at least spend all your time getting to know it!
he's an ignoramus

Deeping_white

According to reports on Twitter, we've turned down €20M for Mitro and most clubs are put off signing him because he's on £70k a week. Dean Jones who's a Fulham supporting journo says we're planning to offer him a TC style extension which waives his relegation clause, and if so would be some statement of intent to keep him for at least one more season - just a shame Sess has his heart set on stunting his development as a benchwarmer...

Mince n Tatties

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Rambler on June 17, 2019, 09:50:28 PM
What is going on with our academy at the moment? Heavy rumours that we are about to lose 3 or 4 of our top youth prospects for peanuts as they all reject new deals.

Give the kids sone credit. Would you stay at a club like this?

Its run like chicken night in Turkey.
Lol
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

sunburywhite

This issue crossed my mind yesterday when I saw his Steve Austin (yes, the wrestler) post on social media.

I notice he now describes himself as our "owner", which is odd in itself, but also he refers to himself as the boss of the Jaguars, his AEW wrestling business, his data analytics business and some other music/events business.

So not only do we have a DoF who substantially zero relevant skills or experience, but also a DoF who's likely only allocating a relatively small portion of time to the role.

you couldn't make it up
[/quote]

Do you want to tell Steve Austin he doesnt know what he is doing?  LOL
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

west kowloon white

How many times can you post exactly the same thing/ opiniated criticism- gets extremely boring to troll through.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Deeping_white on June 19, 2019, 06:50:59 PM
According to reports on Twitter, we've turned down €20M for Mitro and most clubs are put off signing him because he's on £70k a week. Dean Jones who's a Fulham supporting journo says we're planning to offer him a TC style extension which waives his relegation clause, and if so would be some statement of intent to keep him for at least one more season - just a shame Sess has his heart set on stunting his development as a benchwarmer...

Do we know how much the clause is? I'd be fuming if we sold for less than we bought him for. Hopefully his poor end of season form is what they remember.

AnOldBrownie

Does anyone really think Tony Khan is going to let a potential suitor for Mitro or Sess low ball bid his family?    They'd rather lose them on a free if for no other reason than pride.

Mitro had a crap end of season and potential suitors are going to try to use that to lower his transfer price.

The Khans on the other hand remember explicitly the 17/18 season.  They aren't going to sell him for less than what they paid for him.   They don't need the money.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on June 19, 2019, 09:19:16 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on June 19, 2019, 06:50:59 PM

Do we know how much the clause is? I'd be fuming if we sold for less than we bought him for. Hopefully his poor end of season form is what they remember.

I don't think he has a release clause, but that the clause referred to is a wage reduction clause that kicked in because of the relegation. It is rumored that most expensive players had one. By offering Mitro a new or amended contract, he could stay on his high wages despite of the clause, as an additional incentive to stay at the club.

JoelH5

Surely we could use some of the Sessegnon money to fund Mitros wages. I dont think we will be able to buy a better striker.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Milo

Quote from: JoelH5 on June 19, 2019, 10:51:31 PM
Surely we could use some of the Sessegnon money to fund Mitros wages. I dont think we will be able to buy a better striker.

Agree

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Milo on June 19, 2019, 10:53:24 PM
Quote from: JoelH5 on June 19, 2019, 10:51:31 PM

Agree

If Sessegnon wins a "match of the match" for u21 England in the next few days, then Fulham will get a huge payday soon and i wouldn't be selling Mitro if we have plenty of cash.

Riversider

I would give anything to one day click on the summer transfer gossip thread, to actually read some transfer gossip !
Not too much to ask is it ?
Can we save all the banal crap for a separate thread.

hovewhite

Quote from: Riversider on June 20, 2019, 12:49:07 AM
I would give anything to one day click on the summer transfer gossip thread, to actually read some transfer gossip !
I think the mods said it doesn't have to be factual on this thread.

I Ronic

There are  plenty of people out there in the work place who don't have a history in the industry they're working in. They're there because of their particular skill set. The Chairman's stated aim is to make the Club a sustainable entity. He obviously believes his son and his son's system can deliver that.
It's far from a perfect model but given the Chairman has spent money improving the training facilities and is now replacing the riverside stand I'm happy to think on balance he knows what needs to be done at the club and by who.

toshes mate

Quote from: Riversider on June 20, 2019, 12:49:07 AM
It is Gossip Thread.  You'll find the Gospel Truth somewhere else but not for quite a while I fancy.

Upon the subject of a certain TK's preoccupations this time of year, could it be that he has been reined in a little by his father, with somebody else taking a turn at calling the shots at MP?

Mitro also scored a brace in a recent international for Serbia and so his goal lapse has, in a way, been broken.