watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrett487

Surely, with Benitez leaving, Gayle will have his sights set on a EPL season? He's young enough to still make his mark.

Asotosyios

BRISTOL CITY SIGN KALAS

Bristol City have paid a club record fee to sign Tomas Kalas on a four-year contract from Chelsea.

Sky sources understand the fee to be £8m.

St. Andrews White

Must admit, think we can do better than Kalas for £8m. That would go a long towards Jansson, who I think is a better defender truthfully

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

Statto

Quote from: St. Andrews White on July 01, 2019, 09:50:19 PM
Must admit, think we can do better than Kalas for £8m. That would go a long towards Jansson, who I think is a better defender truthfully

Let's see.
If we still have Denis Odoi at RCB in 5 weeks' time, I'll be very disappointed we couldn't find a way to get Kalas in.

@jolslover

Quote from: Statto on July 01, 2019, 10:25:59 PM

Let's see.
If we still have Denis Odoi at RCB in 5 weeks' time, I'll be very disappointed we couldn't find a way to get Kalas in.

Same Odoi who displaced Kalas the season we went up?
Odoi is our 4th best CB atm anyway. Mawson and Le Marchand starters
STH H3

simplyfulham

Quote from: @jolslover on July 01, 2019, 11:04:24 PM

Let's see.

As soon as he was tested at any sort of level at CB, he was a train wreck.

We should be looking st finding a solid partner for Mawson.

JoelH5

Quote from: simplyfulham on July 01, 2019, 11:31:15 PM

Let's see.

Agreed. He cost us the playoff v Reading too
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Andy S

That is untrue he didn't cost us the play off. He was unlucky to give away a hand ball in the box. I think you will see a few of those next season. Let's hope we have someone who is good at spot kicks.

wheelerdeeler

I'd have to go through a few more seasons, but I'm 99% certain 8m for Kalas is the most a Championship team has ever spent on a Defender while they're in the Championship. Obviously we spent 15m on Mawson etc. but that was when we were in the Prem.

It's a ridiculous amount of money for him, and as already said- he was dropped for Odoi in our promotion season. That's not to say Kalas is a bad player, but for 8m we could probably get a RB and pay a loan fee for a Hector/Tomori type Centre-Back AND have money left over to put towards a forward.

I see it as similar to what Tony Khan mentioned about signing Andreas Pereira on loan in that sense. I'd rather go the Johansen/Piazon option than the Kalas option in this scenario.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on July 02, 2019, 12:44:18 AM
I'd have to go through a few more seasons, but I'm 99% certain 8m for Kalas is the most a Championship team has ever spent on a Defender while they're in the Championship. Obviously we spent 15m on Mawson etc. but that was when we were in the Prem.

It's a ridiculous amount of money for him, and as already said- he was dropped for Odoi in our promotion season. That's not to say Kalas is a bad player, but for 8m we could probably get a RB and pay a loan fee for a Hector/Tomori type Centre-Back AND have money left over to put towards a forward.

I see it as similar to what Tony Khan mentioned about signing Andreas Pereira on loan in that sense. I'd rather go the Johansen/Piazon option than the Kalas option in this scenario.

I'll beat the record for "most expensive defender ever bought by a championship team" will be broken before the transfer window is finished.

simplyfulham

Quote from: JoelH5 on July 01, 2019, 11:34:49 PM

Let's see.

Agreed. He cost us the playoff v Reading too

Hang about, I was talking about Odoi! Who, by the way, almost cost us the playoff final as well.

RaySmith

But Odoi's goal got us into the Final - not to mention his sterling performances in every game during our great run- a player who, whatever his faults, always gives his all for Fulham.

hovewhite

Quote from: RaySmith on July 02, 2019, 07:00:16 AM
But Odoi's goal got us into the Final - not to mention his sterling performances in every game during our great run- a player who, whatever his faults, always gives his all for Fulham.
if every player gave his efforts last season we would still be PL.

We Are Premier League

Leeds about to sign helder Costa on loan, would have been useful to us.

Statto

Let's see.

He didn't displace Kalas though. He was only brought in because Kalas was injured. He was kept in because of the winning streak, then dropped again when we got to the PL.

He's also our best RCB at the moment. I accept we could play Mawson on the right but I suspect the reason he looked so shocking for us is his more natural side, like Ream and MLM, is the left.

Statto

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on July 02, 2019, 12:44:18 AM

James Chester was more and that was 3 yrs ago. With player inflation since then £8m seems very reasonable IMO for a player who has consistently got teams into the top 6 over the last 4-5 years

grandad

Same old. Other clubs seem to sign players within days of negotiations starting but we take weeks & weeks & then lose out to another club while we are faffing about.
Where there's a will there's a wife

bobby01

Let's see.

I have never understood the hate for odoi on here. Also on what basis should we be finding a solid partner for Mawson. I did not see him setting the world alight last season, mostly the opposite. Not saying he won't come good but yet more selective arguing.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

70sPimlico

Quote from: Riversider on July 01, 2019, 04:38:43 PM
Latest score
QPR 5
Fulham 0

COYW

In regards posts that try to knock our club (of which there are more than enough on here) this is surely one of the most flimsy

Hoppus

Quote from: grandad on July 02, 2019, 08:49:37 AM
Same old. Other clubs seem to sign players within days of negotiations starting but we take weeks & weeks & then lose out to another club while we are faffing about.

If Tony Kahn is talking to Jorge Mendes on a regular basis, it should be possible to get a deal done? Leeds are about to sign another Wolves player now, and they already got other deals done.