watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelH5

Will we ever sign someone early like other clubs. In the podcast TK said about getting good deals late in the window. I think he's too obsessed with getting the best possible deal than paying slightly more and not risking losing the player.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: JoelH5 on July 02, 2019, 06:32:30 PM
Will we ever sign someone early like other clubs. In the podcast TK said about getting good deals late in the window. I think he's too obsessed with getting the best possible deal than paying slightly more and not risking losing the player.

But he's not getting any good deals is he? Overpaying has been the one common factor in most TK signings IMO.

Statto

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 02, 2019, 03:54:39 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 02, 2019, 03:52:18 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on July 02, 2019, 12:01:36 PM
I think Odoi, MLM, Mawson and Ream are all more than capable in the championship. I'm more concerned about right back currently than centre halves.

Agree with what I bolded, but if Fulham comes back up do you really want those 4 CBs to be the ones you're relying on to stop EPL attacks?

I think right back is the most important signing if we hold on to all our remaining players, but I also think CB (unless the german guy from our u23s raises his game) has to be addressed this season in preparation for the next.

I'm looking at this season. if money isn't an issue (it is) and signing players that are perfectly adaptable to top 2 championship to EPL, then sure, but lets face it, that's not easy and we have bigger weaknesses for next season.

CB is priority #1 IMO.

We can get away with having a mediocre RB but not CB. Plus if we sign a RCB, we sort of solve the RB problem by having Odoi come available for that position.

Mince n Tatties

Medical tomorrow apparently.
Cough twice and look at the ceiling...😰

Hoppus

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 02, 2019, 07:43:34 PM

🙀

Mince n Tatties

And that's just to become Groundsman.🙋

Tabby

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 02, 2019, 07:54:03 PM
And that's just to become Groundsman.🙋

New staff for the gin bar then.

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: Statto on July 02, 2019, 07:07:15 PM
I think Odoi, MLM, Mawson and Ream are all more than capable in the championship. I'm more concerned about right back currently than centre halves.

Agree with what I bolded, but if Fulham comes back up do you really want those 4 CBs to be the ones you're relying on to stop EPL attacks?

I think right back is the most important signing if we hold on to all our remaining players, but I also think CB (unless the german guy from our u23s raises his game) has to be addressed this season in preparation for the next.

I'm looking at this season. if money isn't an issue (it is) and signing players that are perfectly adaptable to top 2 championship to EPL, then sure, but lets face it, that's not easy and we have bigger weaknesses for next season.

CB is priority #1 IMO.

We can get away with having a mediocre RB but not CB. Plus if we sign a RCB, we sort of solve the RB problem by having Odoi come available for that position.

Agreed, we desperately need a RCB.

FFC1987

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on July 02, 2019, 11:09:28 PM

CB is priority #1 IMO.

Not convinced by this assessment. We have decent CB's and no decent RB's so thats the clear weakness. Width and pace is our main concern.

Statto

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 02, 2019, 11:11:17 PM

CB is priority #1 IMO.

Not convinced by this assessment. We have decent CB's and no decent RB's so thats the clear weakness. Width and pace is our main concern.

Christie@RB > Odoi@CB

S.F.Sorrow

CB is priority #1 IMO.

But we don't have even a single right footed CB in out squad!?!

Odoi is a 178cm RB who was forced to play CB because we didn't have anyone else available. The rest of our CBs are left footed and have been awful at RCB.

Odoi was brilliant for us at RB in the Championship but rarely given the chance in his best position. I have no problems whatsoever with Odoi at RB next season but I don't want to see him as a regular starter at CB.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on July 02, 2019, 11:40:44 PM

I'm looking at this season. if money isn't an issue (it is) and signing players that are perfectly

CB is priority #1 IMO.

But we don't have even a single right footed CB in out squad!?!

Odoi is a 178cm RB who was forced to play CB because we didn't have anyone else available. The rest of our CBs are left footed and have been awful at RCB.

Odoi was brilliant for us at RB in the Championship but rarely given the chance in his best position. I have no problems whatsoever with Odoi at RB next season but I don't want to see him as a regular starter at CB.

We are short a few players and it's hard to assess our biggest need next season but my opinion is we need to obtain (loan or buy) players upfront and out wide especially for the bench.

But the player we most need to BUY (as oppose to loan) is our Right Centre Back. If we get promoted, having developed a great centre back partnership is key to 2020-21 survival (like Wolves and Cardiff). If we don't get promoted this season, next seasons promotion effort will depend on improved cohesion (like our late 2017/18 campaign) especially in the centre of defence.

The last position we should be loaning is our starting right centre-back. My tip for TK buy a RCB and work out with the FFC accountant the mix of buys and loans for the other positions. All new wingers every season is not a disaster, but new CBs each season is.

simplyfulham

Quote from: Statto on July 02, 2019, 11:14:20 PM

CB is priority #1 IMO.

Christie@RB > Odoi@CB

Well, yep. 

And that's before we talk about the wealth of young talent we have a right back who have at least a chance of stepping up next season.

FFC1987

Quote from: Statto on July 02, 2019, 11:14:20 PM

CB is priority #1 IMO.

Christie@RB > Odoi@CB

I do not agree with this. I've already said, I wouldn't mind a CB, but I already think Odoi, Ream, Mawson and MLM are good enough for championship at CB. Christie, not convinced. I think we need at least 4 players including pacey wide men going forward, a RB and a CB and ideally a striker so I'm not against strengthening positions, I just see our width as our absolute biggest issue.

Woolly Mammoth

Let's not beat around the bush here, defensively we need a tall commanding RCB, and a similar RB who can defend. One of our many weaknesses is defending at set pieces and in the air.
Odoi plays out of his skin, but he is only human and he cannot be expected to do it every match, because he can't.
La Marchand is ok but cannot tackle a boiled egg, as for Christie, he has to improve his all round game, but none of those three can be starters, too many unforced errors whilst in possession. Ok for back up but little else. We need ruthless players with a strong mentality and with a physical presence, and we need them now to bed in with our system of play, and play in friendlies, not in August.
Perhaps if the owners son is not doing anything and can drag himself away from waffling nonsense, and drop his wrestling and grid iron business for 5 minutes and concentrate on his job with Fulham which he is incapable of, as this next month is the most important in Fulhams current calendar, and stop talking a load of flannel to cover his incompetence, and try and help Scottie and his coaches prepare for the new season.  Action speaks louder than words and bull shite.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Tooting legend

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 02, 2019, 07:43:34 PM

Where's this medical that is supposed to be happening

spikey norman

With Brighton signing Trossard last week maybe Knockhaert could become available

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: spikey norman on July 03, 2019, 11:14:45 AM
With Brighton signing Trossard last week maybe Knockhaert could become available

Knockhaert would not be a bad signing. He is a bit of a maverick and makes things happen, he has plenty of experience of the English League so shouldn't take 24 months to settle in, and he only lives down the road. The problem is that TK has probably never heard of him. So computer says no.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

grandad

How much do the "big" clubs pay the media to do their tapping up of players.? It unsettles the player. Palace are suffering this with Zaha with the Arse doing all they can to get him.
Where there's a will there's a wife

simplyfulham

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 03, 2019, 09:19:25 AM

I do not agree with this. I've already said, I wouldn't mind a CB, but I already think Odoi, Ream, Mawson and MLM are good enough for championship at CB. Christie, not convinced. I think we need at least 4 players including pacey wide men going forward, a RB and a CB and ideally a striker so I'm not against strengthening positions, I just see our width as our absolute biggest issue.

Hey listen, fair enough you can have an opinion about certain players based on whatever criteria you fancy. And if you weren't very happy with Christie last season then that's cool and you are by no means in the minority on that one.

But just bear in mind he's already played over 120 games at championship level. In his 3 seasons with derby they finished top 10 in all 3 and in the playoffs for one of those. I don't remember where Boro were when he left them, but he played almost every game for them and they eventually finished in the playoffs too.

He's at least competent for what we need next season. Even if he isn't, we currently have S.Sessegnon, Fossey and Dramah able to slot in. We don't need another right back.