more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelH5

Quote from: Milo on July 04, 2019, 09:46:37 AM
Championship will have moved on just as League 1 teams have. Championship players spilling down to the league below.

We cannot underestimate this league again!

Very true. I believe the difference of going up is Mitro. We have to keep him whatever the cost.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

FFC1987

Quote from: JoelH5 on July 04, 2019, 09:59:55 AM
Quote from: Milo on July 04, 2019, 09:46:37 AM
Championship will have moved on just as League 1 teams have. Championship players spilling down to the league below.

We cannot underestimate this league again!

Very true. I believe the difference of going up is Mitro. We have to keep him whatever the cost.

I don't disagree but I do think ensuring quality around him is also key though. West Brom had Gayle AND Rodriguez and didn't go up. Absolutely no reason not to go up with those two on your front line if you properly invested in a midfield and defence. (I think they lacked in the middle tbh)

filham

Quote from: SP on July 03, 2019, 10:00:44 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 03, 2019, 09:59:26 PM
Radio now.....Palace want Seri.

I wonder what for?
I like Seri but we proved last season that there is not room for Seri and Cairney in the same team. It would be good to see Seri leave and another striker/wide right player (Gayle) come in quickly. We may then be able to bolt up the doors, concentrate on training, and say no more transfers confident of having a team to make a top six position by Christmas.

Mince n Tatties

Another in at Leeds,20yo from Barca.

Chutney

Have been reliably informed that we have only been actively working on signing players for the last week as TK has been away with AEW, I wouldn't expect much movement for a while yet based on that. Unfortunate situation, hopefully anybody we bring in can hit the ground running, they won't get much of a pre-season.
C O Y W

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Chutney on July 04, 2019, 04:11:18 PM
Have been reliably informed that we have only been actively working on signing players for the last week as TK has been away with AEW, I wouldn't expect much movement for a while yet based on that. Unfortunate situation, hopefully anybody we bring in can hit the ground running, they won't get much of a pre-season.

The Fulhamish podcast was over a week ago and theres a video of them sat together whilst they are interviewing TK... would this not have been done in the UK?

wheelerdeeler

Can we stop with this myth that Tony Khan being in America means he is completely incapable of progressing deals at Fulham? It's quite boring at this point. Unless they haven't invented Phones and/or the Internet in Jacksonville. Plus, despite what some want to believe, he's not a one-man band. Unless Brian Talbot and our other people are associated with recruitment are told to cease functioning while Tony Khan's away.

Besides, I thought the whole criticism of Tony Khan was he does everything on a computer? So surely he doesn't need to be at Motspur Park to sign our Belgian 2nd Division players we've never heard of.

FFC1987

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on July 04, 2019, 04:51:30 PM
... and by the way I'd heard that we were in talks with a Right-Back called Kingsley Ehizibue from PEC Zwolle and we had a fee agreed but he chose to go to Koln for top flight football. And that was over a month ago now. So we clearly have been working on signings.

Was Khan in the UK at the time? Might be why it fell through.

ealex40

Southampton are willing to listen to offers for two goalkeepers, Fraser Forster and Alex McCarthy, Sky Sports News understands.

Would love if we could sign Alex McCarthy. Have always thought how good he is. Probably end up too expensive for us to compete with Premier clubs.

FFC1987

Quote from: ealex40 on July 04, 2019, 05:06:05 PM
Southampton are willing to listen to offers for two goalkeepers, Fraser Forster and Alex McCarthy, Sky Sports News understands.

Would love if we could sign Alex McCarthy. Have always thought how good he is. Probably end up too expensive for us to compete with Premier clubs.

Its crazy how far Forster stock has deminished. From a future england no.1 and saints no.1 to no.3 and barely used even in cup matches.

Matt10

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on July 04, 2019, 04:45:19 PM
Can we stop with this myth that Tony Khan being in America means he is completely incapable of progressing deals at Fulham? It's quite boring at this point. Unless they haven't invented Phones and/or the Internet in Jacksonville. Plus, despite what some want to believe, he's not a one-man band. Unless Brian Talbot and our other people are associated with recruitment are told to cease functioning while Tony Khan's away.

Besides, I thought the whole criticism of Tony Khan was he does everything on a computer? So surely he doesn't need to be at Motspur Park to sign our Belgian 2nd Division players we've never heard of.

Lol, thank you for this. I work in video conferencing, it's as simple as joining a meeting through VOIP, dial in, or internet phones (H323/SIP).

Riversider

Would love us to go for Matt Ritchie and Anthony Knockaert, imagine them playing either side of Mitrovic !!!
😮👊🏻

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 04, 2019, 05:17:04 PM

Its crazy how far Forster stock has deminished. From a future england no.1 and saints no.1 to no.3 and barely used even in cup matches.

I was a keeper,I know when your confidence goes its a hard fight back,Foster and Joe Hart both.

Nero

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 04, 2019, 06:00:06 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on July 04, 2019, 05:17:04 PM

I was a keeper,I know when your confidence goes its a hard fight back,Foster and Joe Hart both.

Joe Harts problem was he always got to pumped up for big games and made a balls up

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 04, 2019, 04:52:29 PM
Quote from: wheelerdeeler on July 04, 2019, 04:51:30 PM
... and by the way I'd heard that we were in talks with a Right-Back called Kingsley Ehizibue from PEC Zwolle and we had a fee agreed but he chose to go to Koln for top flight football. And that was over a month ago now. So we clearly have been working on signings.

Was Khan in the UK at the time? Might be why it fell through.

This doesn't make any sense to me.

Nero

West Ham have agreed to sell Arnautovic to a Chinese club, dont know if they are calling his bluff but if he goes they might want Mitro

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Nero on July 04, 2019, 07:42:23 PM
West Ham have agreed to sell Arnautovic to a Chinese club, dont know if they are calling his bluff but if he goes they might want Mitro

If he does go they will almost certainly upset the apparent Karma at Motspur as they will need a replacement match fit and ready to go. Will Mitro go, will the money be enough? I suspect this could become a thread all on its own.

bobby01

Quote from: ScalleysDad on July 04, 2019, 09:31:04 PM
Quote from: Nero on July 04, 2019, 07:42:23 PM

If he does go they will almost certainly upset the apparent Karma at Motspur as they will need a replacement match fit and ready to go. Will Mitro go, will the money be enough? I suspect this could become a thread all on its own.

Not trying to be funny, but I have never been convinced that mitro suits the way that pelligrini wants his team to play. I personally believe he wants a mobile front line and for all his good points that is not micro.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

JoelH5

Not even getting any transfer rumours recently  :HD:  :012:
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Statto

Quote from: Matt10 on July 04, 2019, 05:36:37 PM
Quote from: wheelerdeeler on July 04, 2019, 04:45:19 PM

Lol, thank you for this. I work in video conferencing, it's as simple as joining a meeting through VOIP, dial in, or internet phones (H323/SIP).

I accept he can work remotely... but are you suggesting he's devoting 100% of his time to Fulham, and just choosing to do it from the US because he prefers the weather or food over there?

Clearly the reason he's in the US is that he's spending much of his time on things related to his wrestling business and the Jaguars.

So yes of course he can pick up the phone and speak to a player, agent, Mackintosh etc. But he only has one mouth. He can't speak to them if he's busy on a telecon with Giant Haystacks and Hacksaw Jim Duggan.