https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

junior white

Quote from: filham on July 08, 2019, 06:35:23 PM
Quote from: SuffolkWhite on July 08, 2019, 05:57:49 PM
I see on sky transfer thingy that Spurs ste being patient where Sess is concerned. So that means they will wait until January to make an offer!!!!!!

If Spurs are going to play cat and mouse then other clubs should step in during this window and we should reach an agreement with one of them. We need this Sess. matter sorted so that Parker can recruit replacements and build his new team before the season starts.
If paper talk is correct and Sess is determined to sign for Pochetino and Spurs, then it doesn't matter who comes in he just doesn't need to agree terms and then when Spurs come in they still low bal the offer

Like I say that's if paper talk is correct.

I would hope Sess wouldn't do that to us, but if the club wish to sell rather than get nothing in a years time then i can understand that, but then he could help our promotion charge and then maybe the loss of transfer fee wouldn't be so hard to take, although business people usually want both parts of the pie

junior white

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 08, 2019, 06:53:56 PM
Quote from: SuffolkWhite on July 08, 2019, 06:42:45 PM
I have said before I think Arsenal have a policy of selling players with 2 years left on contracts if they wont sign. Not a bad idea tbf.

Aaron Ramsey and Alexi Sanchez say you're incorrect.   The Gunners WISH it was their policy to not let contracts run down.   But again...players make more salary when their contracts run all the way down.   

And if the 2 year minimum thing is in a contract before the player signs the contract, what player wants to sign that contract...unless the sign on bonus is crazy?
It is a new policy bought in this summer by Arsenal, Sky Sports we're discussing it yesterday morning i think. Players like Auba will not be allowed to enter the last year they will look to sell beforehand, it wouldn't be written into the players contract as it will be an arsenal transfer policy, will be interesting to see if this policy works

wheelerdeeler

Fonte's not physical enough or "mean" enough to play up-front on his own in the Championship. Said it in another thread, I'd be genuinely interested in trying him as a #10 in some of the Pre-Season games and then as back-up to Cairney for next season. Or try him next to Mitrovic and play two up-front.

Think Fonte's worth keeping around. He's a good player to have in the dressing room and he adds to our HG quota.

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on July 08, 2019, 06:42:45 PM
I have said before I think Arsenal have a policy of selling players with 2 years left on contracts if they wont sign. Not a bad idea tbf.

Flip side of that is every fan going would've wanted Tony Khan's head if he sold Sessegnon last summer after being our top scorer in a promotion season. Because this has been going on for a year now, I refuse to believe we'd have offered new deals to everyone key to our promotion (Ream, McDonald, Cairney etc.) and not offered one to Sessegnon- so he or his agent (or both) clearly wanted to be in this position of him having a year left on his deal this summer.

spikey norman

A couple of sources saying Matt O'Riley will remain with us for at least this coming season as he is keen to work with Scotty Parker

twang

Jansson to Brentford now confirmed. Have to say that it's a brilliant signing for them (better than it would have been for us).

Tabby

Quote from: twang on July 08, 2019, 09:57:48 PM
Jansson to Brentford now confirmed. Have to say that it's a brilliant signing for them (better than it would have been for us).

They are pretty shrewd in the transfer market, odd that nobody else were seemingly in for him.

This does bring them up to 4 CB's, so they may be selling one of their other ones to finance their two new ones.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Tabby on July 08, 2019, 09:59:48 PM

They are pretty shrewd in the transfer market, odd that nobody else were seemingly in for him.

This does bring them up to 4 CB's, so they may be selling one of their other ones to finance their two new ones.

Ezri Konsa to us?

Tabby

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 08, 2019, 10:04:13 PM
Quote from: Tabby on July 08, 2019, 09:59:48 PM

Ezri Konsa to us?

Or to someone else.

Then again, they may be trying to have a proper go at promotion this season. But they usually sell to buy.

simplyfulham

That is an excellent transfer for them. Gutted we've not moved on that one.

Skatzoffc

Levi's an astute, callous chairman. He likes to punish the team he buys from as well as screw down the money paid. He always has.

I expect us to get royally shafted on the last day of transfers in the Sess deal.

Can't stand the man and will actually lmfao when he comes to a bad end. What goes around comes around.

Coyw!

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Skatzoffc on July 09, 2019, 07:39:40 AM
Levi's an astute, callous chairman. He likes to punish the team he buys from as well as screw down the money paid. He always has.

I expect us to get royally shafted on the last day of transfers in the Sess deal.

Can't stand the man and will actually lmfao when he comes to a bad end. What goes around comes around.

Coyw!

Ditto. Though if he worked for Fulham I'm sure we'd have a very different view.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on July 09, 2019, 09:45:25 AM
Quote from: Skatzoffc on July 09, 2019, 07:39:40 AM

Coyw!

Ditto. Though if he worked for Fulham I'm sure we'd have a very different view.

If only Tottenham bid on Ryan Sessegnon, then we won't get much. You need two bidders for an Auction, preferably two bidders plus David Levy.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: spikey norman on July 08, 2019, 09:18:38 PM
A couple of sources saying Matt O'Riley will remain with us for at least this coming season as he is keen to work with Scotty Parker

I'd be interested to know if working with SP had any influence on Mitrovic signing. I have not seen it written anywhere but as was covered a while ago there did seem to be a good rapport between them especially during the long downward spiral of the Ranieri term.

Riverside

Quote from: ScalleysDad on July 09, 2019, 10:03:47 AM

I'd be interested to know if working with SP had any influence on Mitrovic signing. I have not seen it written anywhere but as was covered a while ago there did seem to be a good rapport between them especially during the long downward spiral of the Ranieri term.

Mitro said in his interview working with SP was a factor
And also TK !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoelH5

Could Brentford be our main rivals for promotion?
I was there, standing in the Putney end

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Riverside on July 09, 2019, 10:45:09 AM
Quote from: ScalleysDad on July 09, 2019, 10:03:47 AM

Mitro said in his interview working with SP was a factor
And also TK !

Ok thanks. Bodes well for on the pitch and perhaps some respite for the back office.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FFC1987

Quote from: JoelH5 on July 09, 2019, 10:56:33 AM
Could Brentford be our main rivals for promotion?

if they keep that backline, you have to feel they'll be in and around at least playoffs.

KJS

Quote from: simplyfulham on July 09, 2019, 06:56:31 AM

That is an excellent transfer for them. Gutted we've not moved on that one.
Good player but some at Leeds feel he can be a bit of a loose cannon

snarks

There is always at least one team that no-one really expects to do well every season.

Last season Norwich, Season before Cardiff, Before that Reading or Huddersfield, Before that Brighton.

Interesting who it will be this season, do we have any young centre backs that may break through from the U23's?