Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelH5

Quote from: KJS on July 09, 2019, 11:16:52 AM
Quote from: simplyfulham on July 09, 2019, 06:56:31 AM
Quote from: twang on July 08, 2019, 09:57:48 PM
Jansson to Brentford now confirmed. Have to say that it's a brilliant signing for them (better than it would have been for us).

That is an excellent transfer for them. Gutted we've not moved on that one.
Good player but some at Leeds feel he can be a bit of a loose cannon

They all adored him and said he would never leave the biggest club in the Championship on Thursday. Now he's supposedly a loose cannon and they chose to get rid of him! haha
I was there, standing in the Putney end

FFC1987

Quote from: JoelH5 on July 09, 2019, 11:23:54 AM
Jansson to Brentford now confirmed. Have to say that it's a brilliant signing for them (better than it would have been for us).

They all adored him and said he would never leave the biggest club in the Championship on Thursday. Now he's supposedly a loose cannon and they chose to get rid of him! haha

A lot of the responses on social media i've seen is that unless they replace well, selling him for 5.5m is ridiculous and they won't find an adequate replacement at that price. Maybe I've just seen the more pessimist fans though.

junior white

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 09, 2019, 11:26:02 AM

A lot of the responses on social media i've seen is that unless they replace well, selling him for 5.5m is ridiculous and they won't find an adequate replacement at that price. Maybe I've just seen the more pessimist fans though.
~
Fee is 4 million with 1.5 in add ons (one of which is promotion during the contract period)

FFC1987

Quote from: junior white on July 09, 2019, 11:31:35 AM
Quote from: FFC1987 on July 09, 2019, 11:26:02 AM

~
Fee is 4 million with 1.5 in add ons (one of which is promotion during the contract period)

So even harder then....Maybe the fans are right. They seemed unhappy with how much they sold Clarke for too. Again, maybe I'm just seeing the loud minority of pessimistic fans.

simplyfulham

Just so I've got this clear..

Pontus Jansson
- 20 caps for Sweden
- 7.27 whoscored rating last season
£5.5m

Tomas Kalas
- 19 caps for Czech Republic
- 7.06 whoscored rating for last season
£8m

Tyrone Mings
- 0 caps
- 6.98 whoscored rating for last season
£26m

:54:

Two Ton Ted

Quote from: simplyfulham on July 09, 2019, 11:46:57 AM
Just so I've got this clear..

Pontus Jansson
- 20 caps for Sweden
- 7.27 whoscored rating last season
£5.5m

Tomas Kalas
- 19 caps for Czech Republic
- 7.06 whoscored rating for last season
£8m

Tyrone Mings
- 0 caps
- 6.98 whoscored rating for last season
£26m

:54:

To be fair to Mings, only one of those players won promotion and will be playing in the Premiership next season
Never ever bloody anything ever.

KJS

Perhaps the reason that the club decided to sell him was the fact he is actually a loose cannon and a disruption in the squad

JoelH5

Quote from: KJS on July 09, 2019, 12:19:56 PM

Perhaps the reason that the club decided to sell him was the fact he is actually a loose cannon and a disruption in the squad

That's not the point of the post. The point was, is that it's funny how the Leeds fans said they were way too big a club to lose him and he would never go, but now the fans never liked him anyway. Quick swing in 3 days

Sting of the North

Quote from: JoelH5 on July 09, 2019, 12:29:19 PM

That's not the point of the post. The point was, is that it's funny how the Leeds fans said they were way too big a club to lose him and he would never go, but now the fans never liked him anyway. Quick swing in 3 days

That happens with most players and most fans in such situations. Right now for example, Elliott is a little brat that many can hardly wait to see out the door. In the seemingly unlikely event that he would sign a new contract with Fulham, I am fairly certain that many (not all) posters would do a 180 in the blink of an eye.

JoelH5

What is this, the Leeds United Fan Club? I do get your point but it's fun to poke fun at other fans. Especially Leeds fans.

Sting of the North

Quote from: JoelH5 on July 09, 2019, 02:19:20 PM
What is this, the Leeds United Fan Club? I do get your point but it's fun to poke fun at other fans. Especially Leeds fans.

You are of course welcome to poke as much fun as you want to about anything.

FFC1987

Quote from: Sting of the North on July 09, 2019, 02:28:21 PM
Quote from: JoelH5 on July 09, 2019, 02:19:20 PM

You are of course welcome to poke as much fun as you want to about anything.

Covers blown!

Art Vandelay

On a free we should be all over this...

ADOMAH'S FOREST MEDICAL

Albert Adomah is currently undergoing a medical in London with Nottingham Forest.

The forward has agreed terms with the Championship club and is on course to sign this evening.

However, there is still time for him to go elsewhere - there are still other clubs interested in the 31-year-old, including West Brom.

Adomah is available on a Bosman free agent after being released by Aston Villa.

FFC1987

Just seen Jay Rodriguez to Burnley. Assuming there's no way they can keep Rondon, could be a difficult season for them!

FFC1987

Also, interesting quote from Jansson '"Leeds needed to sell to balance the books because of FFP and they saw that they could make some money out of me,"'

Mince n Tatties

Massive gamble 33/1 down to 2/1 fav,Steve Bruce for the Geordie job.

Two Ton Ted

Quote from: Art Vandelay on July 09, 2019, 02:29:41 PM

ADOMAH'S FOREST MEDICAL

Albert Adomah is currently undergoing a medical in London with Nottingham Forest.

The forward has agreed terms with the Championship club and is on course to sign this evening.

However, there is still time for him to go elsewhere - there are still other clubs interested in the 31-year-old, including West Brom.

He'd be a perfect signing for us on a free, London lad too.

Alas, he's way too old for our stats model.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

fulhamben

Quote from: Two Ton Ted on July 09, 2019, 03:41:57 PM
Quote from: Art Vandelay on July 09, 2019, 02:29:41 PM

ADOMAH'S FOREST MEDICAL

He'd be a perfect signing for us on a free, London lad too.

Alas, he's way too old for our stats model.
that's actually the one part of the stats model that I agree with. The old al fated model of oldies freebies and loans, nearly sent us to the third division last time we got relegated. All our best left for pretty much peanuts. If any player leaves now, they will go for big money which can be re invested into the squad. Yes you might miss out on the odd temporary gem, but this surely has to be a better long term strategy, that also worked well for Wenger and arsenal
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

AnOldBrownie

The only first teamer's not in Portugal...

Sess- injury (Spurs also just gave Ben Davies a 5 year deal...and Danny Rose is still there)

Seri - international

Ream - international (he did really well)

Anguissa -  international

If all 4 stay this is a pretty packed squad.    Still need a right winger.

bobby01

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 09, 2019, 04:28:26 PM
The only first teamer's not in Portugal...

Sess- injury (Spurs also just gave Ben Davies a 5 year deal...and Danny Rose is still there)

Seri - international

Ream - international (he did really well)

Anguissa -  international

If all 4 stay this is a pretty packed squad.    Still need a right winger.

I think Ayite is really underrated here, he was the one who allowed Fred to bomb forward, by covering overlapping and generally working as a pair. Something that was blatantly missing last season when the RB was constantly exposed.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.