https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: Milo on July 10, 2019, 11:58:41 PM
Quote from: wheelerdeeler on July 10, 2019, 09:14:56 PM
We don't need that many signings, especially if we can retain all but Sessegnon and Seri in-terms of players who played a significant amount last season. Said it before, we could play a team of;
Bettinelli; Christie, Mawson, Le Marchand, Bryan; McDonald, Cairney, Johansen; AK47, Mitrovic, Ayite.
Rodak, Odoi, S. Sessegnon, O'Riley, Kebano, de la Torre, Fonte.
That's from the players we have in Portugal at the moment, not even factoring in Zambo or Ream.

I'd like to get the signings in ASAP, but it's not like the position we were in last summer where we almost literally didn't have a team going into Pre-Season- we're in a pretty strong position squad wise already. So I don't really mind waiting in that sense.

That leaves us at least 4 first team players to upgrade should we go back up... same mistakes again? Too many holes to fill?

I'd say 4 first team signings after promotion is about standard. Wolves are the perfect example in that sense. They went up and signed Patricio, Jonny, Moutinho and Jimenez to start (and when they switched to 3-5-2 Dendoncker came in as well).

If we went up next season I'd expect Mawson, Bryan, Zambo, Cairney and Mitrovic to be starting the following season out of the players we have currently at the club- which I'd expect to go to 7 total players with a new right-sided Centre-Back and Winger signing this summer. But also, let's worry about getting promoted first before getting into any of that.

St Eve

Rumors that we are closing in on Andy Carroll

The Rational Fan

We don't need that many signings, especially if we can retain all but Sessegnon and Seri in-terms of players who played a significant amount last season. Said it before, we could play a team of;
Bettinelli; Christie, Mawson, Le Marchand, Bryan; McDonald, Cairney, Johansen; AK47, Mitrovic, Ayite.
That's from the players we have in Portugal at the moment, not even factoring in Zambo or Ream.

I'd like to get the signings in ASAP, but it's not like the position we were in last summer where we almost literally didn't have a team going into Pre-Season- we're in a pretty strong position squad wise already. So I don't really mind waiting in that sense.

That leaves us at least 4 first team players to upgrade should we go back up... same mistakes again? Too many holes to fill?

Fulham FC is currently a "yo-yo club", and I want TK to focus on buying the players to keep us as a "yo-yo club" which is whats required to winning a marathon season. We need the attacking depth that will score in more than 41 Championship Games (i.e. at least one more than last time) and the defensive depth that will get more than 15 clean sheets (i.e. at least one more than last time).

If we are on track to get automatic promotion by the winter transfer window, that is when bring in one or two quality premier league players to ensure promotion and form the base of the premier league squad. Importantly, by mid-season we will know which players are too good for the championship and who should stay in the championship after promotion.

KJS

Quote from: St Eve on July 11, 2019, 02:49:01 AM

Started by his agent no doubt

The Rational Fan

Quote from: KJS on July 11, 2019, 06:38:25 AM
Quote from: St Eve on July 11, 2019, 02:49:01 AM

Started by his agent no doubt

West Ham Career
Missed 151 games for West Ham
Played 142 games for West Ham
Scored 34 goals for West Ham

Last Season
Played 568 minutes last season
1 goal in the FA Cup
Zero assists

junior white

With Mitro staying would have thought (if we are to sign a striker) then a Gayle type player (Gayle unlikely in my mind) rather than a Carroll or Assambalonga is what we would need. Think the latter too is too similar to Mitro, assambalonga a little quicker than Mitro obviously. If we need a. Intro back up don't think we need to spend a massive amount on that as we have needs elsewhere

The Rational Fan

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on July 11, 2019, 12:25:31 AM

I'd say 4 first team signings after promotion is about standard. Wolves are the perfect example in that sense. They went up and signed Patricio, Jonny, Moutinho and Jimenez to start (and when they switched to 3-5-2 Dendoncker came in as well).

If we went up next season I'd expect Mawson, Bryan, Zambo, Cairney and Mitrovic to be starting the following season out of the players we have currently at the club- which I'd expect to go to 7 total players with a new right-sided Centre-Back and Winger signing this summer. But also, let's worry about getting promoted first before getting into any of that.

Generally, most of teams cohesion comes from the spine of six players RCB, LCB, DM, CM, AM and CF. We have four of those positions sorted in Mawson, Zambo, Cairney and Mitrovic, plus others (e.g. MLM and Seri) may still be at the club next season trying to prove they are worth of being part of a PL spine. I always think its wise to keep enough money to buy one player in the winter transfer window, and if we are getting promoted would upgrade one of these positions mid-season. And, if we do get promoted try to get Chambers to join us permanently too.

As for the other five positions GK, RB, LB, RW, LW and backup CF, i think the best we can get is top championship players and we can hope a few of them improve to be premier league quality (maybe Betts, Fossey, Bryan and Kamara).

Mince n Tatties

Breaking News......Someone is having a medical this morning.

jelmo

DevonFFC

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 11, 2019, 07:45:00 AM
Are you sure

Hoppus

junior white

Quote from: Hoppus on July 11, 2019, 08:21:21 AM
Quote from: DevonFFC on July 11, 2019, 07:54:44 AM
Are you sure

The same joke again?
Seems to be, i said the other day cannot remember (i do have a poor memory though) when we last signed someone while we were away at training camp. Sure someone knows

hovewhite

Statto

Are you sure

The same joke again?

So so funny and it just never gets old!

Mince n Tatties

Are you sure

Yes with all the hospitals in the country, there is bound to be one.😀

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Statto on July 11, 2019, 08:27:05 AM
Are you sure

The same joke again?

Better than reading the constant drivel you and your two amigos keep churning out in every thread.
What was it you said....."Lighten Up Mate"😋

Skatzoffc

The problem is we don't keep clean sheets.
We are hopeless at the back imo.
We concede first in most games, usually from the very first opposition corner.
This has been the same for FOUR seasons.

We need a class RCB and a new RB. Then we can concentrate on attack as midfield is fine.

History repeating itself again and again and again.
No wonder all our kids think we are a joke club and are leaving us.

Get it sorted.
COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

junior white

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 11, 2019, 08:36:44 AM
Quote from: Statto on July 11, 2019, 08:27:05 AM
Are you sure

The same joke again?

Better than reading the constant drivel you and your two amigos keep churning out in every thread.
What was it you said....."Lighten Up Mate"😋
Personally i find it tedious as well

Jem

It was going to be Andy Carroll but he couldn't get up onto the physio table.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

Sting of the North

Quote from: Skatzoffc on July 11, 2019, 08:39:52 AM
The problem is we don't keep clean sheets.
We are hopeless at the back imo.
We concede first in most games, usually from the very first opposition corner.
This has been the same for FOUR seasons.

We need a class RCB and a new RB. Then we can concentrate on attack as midfield is fine.

History repeating itself again and again and again.
No wonder all our kids think we are a joke club and are leaving us.

Get it sorted.
COYW!

Who are all these kids that left us? Dembele and Hyndman? Likely Elliott. Over what, four years?