more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KJS

Quote from: filham on July 17, 2019, 03:53:08 PM
So, it looks as if someone at the Cottage has the task of shifting Sess., Seri and possibly Anguissa within the next couple of weeks. A good few million involved here.
Does incoming transfers depend on the success of this task.

Personally I'd keep anguissa

filham

Quote from: Tabby on July 17, 2019, 05:42:37 PM
Galatasaray posting that they're negotiating for Seri on their official channels. Should probably be done soon.
Is there money on the table or is it just chat.

Tabby

Quote from: filham on July 17, 2019, 06:06:36 PM
Galatasaray posting that they're negotiating for Seri on their official channels. Should probably be done soon.
Galatasaray are publically traded, so they have to update on things like this. When it gets to this stage it is almost always a done deal.

It is a loan.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Tabby on July 17, 2019, 06:09:12 PM
Galatasaray are publically traded, so they have to update on things like this. When it gets to this stage it is almost always a done deal.

It is a loan.

Already done on Wiki...Galatasary player Loan.

grandad

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 17, 2019, 06:14:49 PM

It is a loan.

If it´s a loan I would have kept him as a cover. A loan does us no favours.
Where there's a will there's a wife

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Sting of the North on July 17, 2019, 03:20:25 PM

In conclusion, you are looking at a far too limited period of time to make a reasonable assessment, coupled with seemingly lacking the understanding of the (at least some times) complex nature of football transfers. In my opinion.

Oh...I agree with your assessment of my understanding of the complex nature of football transfers 100%.   I'm coming in late to football (European).

We'll see how it shakes out over the next 3 weeks to see if my ignorant evaluation of what I see pans out.

mrmicawbers

Quote from: grandad on July 17, 2019, 06:21:47 PM

It is a loan.

wages covered and a loan fee on top I would assume.Better that than selling him for a lot less than what we paid for him as his get amortized over the length of his contract.

mrmicawbers

Quote from: mrmicawbers on July 17, 2019, 06:31:48 PM

It is a loan.

wages covered and a loan fee on top I would assume.Better that than selling him for a lot less than what we paid for him as his get amortized over the length of his contract.
Fee

KJS

It is a loan.

It gets him off the wage bill and removes a possible bad apple if he is unhappy so I think its the right move

Steven Ageroad

It is a loan.

He does not want to play for Fulham, especially in the Championship, so no good as cover especially if he is on big wages. So get rid of , loan or whatever.

Apprentice to the Maestro

It is a loan.

We have enough midfielders plus youngsters with possibly another coming in.

A loan might be good if Seri recovers his form and confidence. He then might merit a decent sale price or rejoin us refreshed in the PL. I would hope we get several million plus cover for his wages.

Riversider

The loan fee is a paltry £1.7 million with an option to buy at £18 million.

Sting of the North

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 17, 2019, 06:25:20 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on July 17, 2019, 03:20:25 PM

In conclusion, you are looking at a far too limited period of time to make a reasonable assessment, coupled with seemingly lacking the understanding of the (at least some times) complex nature of football transfers. In my opinion.

Oh...I agree with your assessment of my understanding of the complex nature of football transfers 100%.   I'm coming in late to football (European).

We'll see how it shakes out over the next 3 weeks to see if my ignorant evaluation of what I see pans out.

When I read my post I realize that I come off as kind of a douche. That was not my intention. I have no more experience of player transfers than most others here, including you (that will say, I have no experience). I just wanted to point out that any transaction in any business that should make at least three parties reasonably happy can often take quite some time to carry out. Thus, it should not be seen as an indicator of the worth of the asset in question. It is not as if more valuable assets necessarily is moved quicker.

Sorry if I appeared condescending.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Riversider on July 17, 2019, 07:33:59 PM

Sounds fairly good to get his wages of our books for a season, with a combined transfer fee of almost £20 million if the option is exercised. This would mean we basically got back what we paid (assuming we paid something a bit north of £20 million, and also taking into account he has already played one year with us).

Good business if he didn't want to be here or if we didn't want him to be here.

Captain Fulhamerica

I saw 2m, but that may have been in Euros. It sounds like they're covering his full wages though, which is really the point of loaning him out.

wheelerdeeler

Doesn't loaning Seri out also mean we're still paying whatever we're paying a year in amortisation for his transfer fee in an FFP sense over the length of his contract rather than taking a loss all at once? Given he still has a contract with us.

Nero

Quote from: Sting of the North on July 17, 2019, 07:40:16 PM

Sounds fairly good to get his wages of our books for a season, with a combined transfer fee of almost £20 million if the option is exercised. This would mean we basically got back what we paid (assuming we paid something a bit north of £20 million, and also taking into account he has already played one year with us).

Doubt they will every sign him permanently their highest transfer fee over the last few years is about 12m

Bracken White

There is a report that Arsenal are interested in Seri - surely more lucrative than the Galatasarey offering.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Nero on July 17, 2019, 08:32:57 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on July 17, 2019, 07:40:16 PM

Doubt they will every sign him permanently their highest transfer fee over the last few years is about 12m

If he plays well, they will sign him for £12m and sell him to Arsenal for £20m.

Twenty-Five games like Burnley and Brighton in the next year and they'll be selling for £30m+.

We should keep Seri, I don't care if he wants to play for Fulham. Fredericks played for us, when he wanted to leave.

Once all transfer windows are closed 2nd Septemeber and he remains signed with us, what choice does Seri.

The price they are offerring we are paying his wages and they paying McDonald's wages in return.

Facts Not Fiction

It's been mentioned with Sessegnon that we're after a player in Spurs' deal.

Players reportedly available are Cameron Carter-Vickers, Wanyama, Edwards, Onomah, Nkoulou and Janssen.