more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Quote from: Fulhammy on July 22, 2019, 05:31:09 PM
Is it just me, or is this concern over whether a player is an RCB or LCB new? I can't recall the distinction being an issue in the past. I personally don't mind having two right footed or left footed CBs. A good CB should make that adjustment pretty quickly.
it is quite important though. As you are taught to show the attacker away from goal and then make the tackle with your stronger foot. If it's your weaker side players tend to just throw a leg out which is normally when you concede a penalty
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fulhamben

Quote from: FulhamKC on July 22, 2019, 09:10:15 PM
FWIW, Ream played left FB for the US this summer at the Gold Cup.
not a fan of that at all. Slow fulbacks are a thing of the past. Boccenegra was pants when he played there.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Mince n Tatties

Jack Grimmer signed for Wycombe.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: FulhamKC on July 22, 2019, 09:10:15 PM
FWIW, Ream played left FB for the US this summer at the Gold Cup.

Bryan doesn't have a clear backup left back. Is Ream still a good option as Left-Back? He seems slow.

Who is our best backup Left Back: MLM, Ream, Odoi, S.Sess, Mundle, Edun, Dramah, Fossey or Christie?

river phoenix

Re: Chema, I think we are waiting for Lampard to make a decision on Hector and Tomori so Chema is a backup option if those two stay at Chelsea.

Just my two cents.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: river phoenix on July 23, 2019, 08:41:26 AM
Re: Chema, I think we are waiting for Lampard to make a decision on Hector and Tomori so Chema is a backup option if those two stay at Chelsea.

Just my two cents.

Frankly, we have signed enough for the first game, just need a little depth in deadline day to strengthen us once injuries occur. Hector is the kind of depth that makes a Mawson injury less scary; Chema is the kind of player that MLM will struggle to win back his place if he does get injuried.

Barrett487

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7273819/Transfer-news-Fulham-keeping-tabs-Kosovo-international-Elbasan-Rashani.html

Fulham are tracking Kosovo international Elbasan Rashani as they plot an instant return to the Premier League.

The Cottagers are keen to add a wide player to their ranks ahead of the Championship season and Rashani who plays for Norwegian side Odd Ballklubb, is on their radar.

Rashani, 26, has earned rave reviews in Norway for his performances and has attracted interest across Europe.

He's helped Odd, who feared a relegation battle, into second place in Norway's top-flight, behind FK Molde - Manchester United Ole Gunnar Solsjkaer's former club.

In his previous 48 games, Rashani has notched 11 goals and proved 13 assists - and Fulham's data analysis team have been alerted to the attacker's form.

Rashani, who represented Norway at junior level, could be available for around £500,000.

Barrett487

https://www.buxtonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/football/fulham-and-sheffield-wednesday-chase-tottenham-hotspur-midfielder-1-9892653

Fulham and Sheffield Wednesday chase Tottenham Hotspur midfielder

Fulham are chasing Spurs midfielder Josh Onomah, who Sheffield Wednesday are believed to be keen on re-signing on another loan deal. (Daily Telegraph)

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Barrett487 on July 23, 2019, 08:48:07 AM
https://www.buxtonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/football/fulham-and-sheffield-wednesday-chase-tottenham-hotspur-midfielder-1-9892653

Fulham are chasing Spurs midfielder Josh Onomah, who Sheffield Wednesday are believed to be keen on re-signing on another loan deal. (Daily Telegraph)

He played reasonsbly well for Aston Villa as sub on playoff against us. He would really add depth at AM allowing Tom Cairney to play 70 minute games when we have three games in a week.

JimOG

I hope SP has sat down with Matt O'Riley and reassured him he will have a big role to play this year. Very gifted, tall and getting stronger.

snarks

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 23, 2019, 08:58:52 AM

He played reasonsbly well for Aston Villa as sub on playoff against us. He would really add depth at AM allowing Tom Cairney to play 70 minute games when we have three games in a week.

TBH I'd rather let Matt O'Rielly play if we limiting TC, he plays in a similar way Onomah is a more SteffJo type of AM, although Villa fans didn't rate him much from what I recall.

Mince n Tatties

From what I've seen of him there and Wednesday, not impressed... We can do better imo.

Statto

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 23, 2019, 08:46:10 AM
Quote from: river phoenix on July 23, 2019, 08:41:26 AM

Just my two cents.

Frankly, we have signed enough for the first game, just need a little depth in deadline day to strengthen us once injuries occur. Hector is the kind of depth that makes a Mawson injury less scary; Chema is the kind of player that MLM will struggle to win back his place if he does get injuried.

Unless we're playing MLM and Mawson as our CB pairing, we still need an RCB. That was always the #1 priority and it's a starter we need, not a squad player, and they need(ed) to be in ASAP

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 22, 2019, 02:50:36 PM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 22, 2019, 02:41:44 PM
Quote from: Tabby on July 22, 2019, 02:29:23 PM
I think "able to do a job" is sufficient for backup options. We have MLM, Odoi, S.Sess and Ream (in that order imo) all able to play at LB should Bryan get injured.

Personally I dont. The 'able to do a job' mindset is how you end up with players such as Sakari Mattila. You need to sign players to challenge for starting positions - then McD, Ayite, Christie etc become the backup options...

or they leave and you're in a similar scenario.......

If your backup players leave because you've replaced them with better then thats a good thing. Also, remember there's 46 games this time around, players like Kebano will still play 30+ games this season even if not first choice starters.

grandad

Bringing in loan players without an option to buy could lead us into the position we had after promotion. Pure loans are fine for a couple of back up players but not starters. We should be looking at PL ready players as Wolves did.
Where there's a will there's a wife

bencher

Quote from: grandad on July 23, 2019, 09:36:24 AM
Bringing in loan players without an option to buy could lead us into the position we had after promotion. Pure loans are fine for a couple of back up players but not starters. We should be looking at PL ready players as Wolves did.

On that note, one of Wolves' best signings before they got promoted was Willy Boly, no less than Jota, Neves etc. A rock at the back for them and able to step up to the PL. We have done well with our forward line but if we are to learn from last season, we need that quality leader at the back who can step up to the PL if we get there. Easier said than done, but it's what would make all the difference.

FFC1987

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 23, 2019, 09:31:16 AM
Quote from: FFC1987 on July 22, 2019, 02:50:36 PM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 22, 2019, 02:41:44 PM
Quote from: Tabby on July 22, 2019, 02:29:23 PM
I think "able to do a job" is sufficient for backup options. We have MLM, Odoi, S.Sess and Ream (in that order imo) all able to play at LB should Bryan get injured.

Personally I dont. The 'able to do a job' mindset is how you end up with players such as Sakari Mattila. You need to sign players to challenge for starting positions - then McD, Ayite, Christie etc become the backup options...

or they leave and you're in a similar scenario.......

If your backup players leave because you've replaced them with better then thats a good thing. Also, remember there's 46 games this time around, players like Kebano will still play 30+ games this season even if not first choice starters.

They usually leave because they want first team football elsewhere though which was my point.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: snarks on July 23, 2019, 09:03:54 AM

TBH I'd rather let Matt O'Rielly play if we limiting TC, he plays in a similar way Onomah is a more SteffJo type of AM, although Villa fans didn't rate him much from what I recall.

In 17/18, we were losing points whenever Cairney was not playing ninety minutes. We need to improve whenever Cairney is not on the field, backup is essential.

In the first half of 17/18, we dropped 11 points in 9 games with Cairney playing ninety minutes, and dropped 26 points in 14 games without Cairney playing ninety minutes.

The second half of 17/18, we dropped 8 points in 15 games with Cairney playing ninety minutes, and dropped 6 points in 8 games without Cairney playing ninety minutes.

bobby01

If you are banking your hopes on Cairney being our saviour then I think you are going to be disappointed. Slavs team was built for Cairney to play and brought the best out of him. Last season proved if he is under pressure with no time on the ball his performances drop. Plus I don't think you will get a full season out of him due to injuries.
Therefore I think we need another creative midfielder in there to share the load or fight for a starting place.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Statto

Quote from: bobby01 on July 23, 2019, 12:40:56 PM
Last season proved if he is under pressure with no time on the ball his performances drop.

Well it showed that when playing in a much better division against world class players, his performances drop.
That won't be an issue now.

Although FWIW I agree he cannot be relied on for 46 games but maybe that's where O'Riley steps up...